Best option for adding on?

cgodzyk

Mouseketeer
We currently have 600 CC, 200 VGF and 200 RIV (all August UY and all direct). Surprisingly to some, it's not enough for our multi-generational family needs currently (or DH and my longer "10-15 yearish" life plan for longer stays in winter). We need another 200 points per year to accommodate our family trip each year (and give DH and I our early December at Copper Creek every year.

So currently my debate is between:
1) adding 200 OKW, on Tuesday, before we miss the promo. (This would hopefully be SAP, as I don't think our plan is to stay there, but you never know)

2) trying for an AUL unicorn resale of our AUG UY that's subsidized, as AUL does match our longer retirement plans of every 2-3 years. Until then we'd use the points as SAP

Which is the better option? I've never dipped our toes in the resale waters. So I'm open to hearing thoughts (or even other suggestions).

I guess I'm trying to understand what is the intended purpose of the points? Is there a particular resort you're trying to stay at?

Are you trying to go on more CCV trips? AUL trips?

I guess I'm trying to understand what is the intended purpose of the points? Is there a particular resort you're trying to stay at?

Are you trying to go on more CCV trips? AUL trips?
I think they'd be used as SAP to add a trip or 2 for a long weekend, until we are retiring . then our plan is do do AUL every 2-3 years, combined with DW for 4 weeks (broken up over 2 2 week stays for DH and I , while still giving our children/grandchildren the ability to come down every few years. But for now we'll just say it's to be used to add to our yearly trips as a couple and then as a big family weeklong trip.

So yes, AUL trips are very much a part of the plan, but they'd also be used to fill in some SAP when DH and just need a weekend getaway. Which is why I wondered if AUL was the best (hone advantage) or is the sale at OKW direct so much of a better value?

I think they'd be used as SAP to add a trip or 2 for a long weekend, until we are retiring . then our plan is do do AUL every 2-3 years, combined with DW for 4 weeks (broken up over 2 2 week stays for DH and I , while still giving our children/grandchildren the ability to come down every few years. But for now we'll just say it's to be used to add to our yearly trips as a couple and then as a big family weeklong trip.

So yes, AUL trips are very much a part of the plan, but they'd also be used to fill in some SAP when DH and just need a weekend getaway. Which is why I wondered if AUL was the best (hone advantage) or is the sale at OKW direct so much of a better value?
Personally I'd go with Aulani resale then. Potentially Aulani subsidized if you plan to keep it for awhile. Aulani as a home resort can get you into cheaper room categories (standard/island garden vs. ocean view) unless you're intentionally trying to book ocean view. Home resort matters for Aulani during the summer (June-August) and holidays.

The only way I’d consider OKW is if you cared about having more RIV, VDH or CFW eligible points but with you already having 1000 direct I don’t think that’s the case.

Last edited:
We currently have 600 CC, 200 VGF and 200 RIV (all August UY and all direct). Surprisingly to some, it's not enough for our multi-generational family needs currently (or DH and my longer "10-15 yearish" life plan for longer stays in winter). We need another 200 points per year to accommodate our family trip each year (and give DH and I our early December at Copper Creek every year.

So currently my debate is between:
1) adding 200 OKW, on Tuesday, before we miss the promo. (This would hopefully be SAP, as I don't think our plan is to stay there, but you never know)

2) trying for an AUL unicorn resale of our AUG UY that's subsidized, as AUL does match our longer retirement plans of every 2-3 years. Until then we'd use the points as SAP

Which is the better option? I've never dipped our toes in the resale waters. So I'm open to hearing thoughts (or even other suggestions).
I don’t recall seeing an August AUL-S.

facebook twitter