Best Offsite Hotel $200 or less/night?

SABeasley98

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip to Orlando 12/27/19-1/1/20 for a lacrosse tournament. Not planning to go to the parks so don’t need EMH or 60 day FP. I do want to visit some of the monorail resorts so would like a free shuttle to parks/TTC. We will have a car but my husband will usually need it to get to the lax games. My daughters (12yo, 7yo) and I will mostly be at the hotel so would like a fun pool area. Need to keep costs $200 or less per night. What off-site hotels do you recommend?

Hilton Lake Buena Vista was very nice when we stayed there. I think it checks off everything you're looking for (also has 60 day FP and EMH) and if you use the Dis link for Dreams Unlimited, there is a good discount- not sure if your dates are covered, as there are exclusions, but might be worth looking.

Disney Springs hotels give you the Disney Springs buses BUT the the pools are not good, certainly not fun except for the Hilton Buena Vista Palace. But you'll likely not find it in budget with holiday rates, resort fee and parking.

Not sure rates but Hilton Bonnet Creek has a great pool area, lazy river and free buses to parks. Again the rate plus fees might not fall in to where you want to be since holiday.

Check the Holiday Inn Waterpark Resort. Rooms are kinda suites, water park for kids, close to Disney and I think free theme park shuttle.

Peak rates will make it a bit tough to check the boxes.

Last edited:
I would suggest considering renting a condo or timeshare. There are a number of rental and timeshare communities where you can get a 3-bedroom unit for about $100/night or even less. They all have nice community pools. Some even have little waterpark-type amenities. Or for a bit more you could rent a house and have your own private pool.

The trade off is that you would need to rent a car to get around, but car rentals in Orlando are quite cheap. If your budget is $200/night, you could rent a place for $100 and easily have enough to cover the cost of the car.

Check skyauction.com, read the fine print there will be a higher rate for new years.

Also check costco they have good deals on Sheraton vistana

Last edited:
The Caribe Royale has spacious suites and a nice pool area. It does offer a paid shuttle, I think. It's in a convenient location. If you rent at Windsor Hills, you may be able to get a 2 bedroom condo for even less (depending on the holiday rates), and you will have access to a great pool area and water slides at the clubhouse. The trade off is you will have to uber to the TTC.

We are planning a trip to Orlando 12/27/19-1/1/20 for a lacrosse tournament. Not planning to go to the parks so don’t need EMH or 60 day FP. I do want to visit some of the monorail resorts so would like a free shuttle to parks/TTC. We will have a car but my husband will usually need it to get to the lax games. My daughters (12yo, 7yo) and I will mostly be at the hotel so would like a fun pool area. Need to keep costs $200 or less per night. What off-site hotels do you recommend?

Based on the time of year you’re going, it doesn’t seem like you’d be able to snag an off site resort within your budget that also provides shuttle service to the TTC or parks. I just ran a few searches and most of the Disney Springs area hotels are over $200 a night not including resort fees like others have mentioned. You might want to look into AirBnb.

Four Points by Sheraton on I-drive has availability for your dates at $181. free shuttle. There are a few others in the Marriott Bonvoy portfolio under $200, but I didn't check details on all of them. I just took a quick look while checking my reservation. I hope you find something!

I predict that you would be better off looking at hotels or condos on lynx bus routes to the TTC. Or even ones within walking distance of some amenities but with no shuttles. The amount you save over a hotel with shuttles should pay for a taxi.

International drive tends to throw up more bargains than Disney springs area.

I'm working on the assumption that you're not planning on going to the resort's every day, but just for a meal maybe and an explore. If traveling to the monorail resorts is key then please do disregard.

Would you be willing to do uber and lyft rather than a shuttle? It's so easy to use these driver services in Orlando, and pickups are practically instantaneous. That opens up so many possibilities, and the savings you would receive getting a place without a shuttle would easily pay for the uber/lyft costs.

We, for Christmas for example are coming up to see family Dec. 21-25 and are able to get two bedroom/two bath condo at Cypress Pointe for base rates of $97 a night with AAA discount, $108 a night plus taxes non refundable if you don't have one of the cards that do the discount, or $144 a night refundable etc. There is a nice warm themed pool, playground, tennis, game room, etc. You get a screened in balcony with table and chair for sitting out, kitchen - living room - dining room area, large master suite, smaller bedroom, two baths, washer and dryer. There is a pull out bed too, so this place sleeps six. The location is very close to the entrance of downtown Disney, so there are lots of restaurants nearby. This is just one of so many possibilities, but was an economical option we just booked last week. Less popular dates have even lower costs.
Diamond Resorts site
https://www.diamondresortsandhotels.com/Resorts/Cypress-Pointe-Resort
Oyster - a favorite site of mine for photos
https://www.oyster.com/orlando/hotels/cypress-pointe-resort/photos/

Renting for a full week from a timeshare owner is even less expensive, but we are doing just a four night stay, and those rentals on sites like Redweek.com or TUG2.net are for seven night Fri - Fri, Sat - Sat, or Sun - Sun stays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter