Best Off-Site Restaurant's Thread

I am not sure if I already mentioned this on this thread, but there's a restaurant called Luma on Winter Park. It is a signature restaurant and the food is oustanding!

Yes it is, I mentioned it a few posts ago. Very good, and close by for me.

My family will be going to Disney World on Monday! Does anyone know what offsite dining has kids eat free days or accept the kids eat free card. We are taking the auto train so we will be in Sanford. Also what are some of the cheapest places to feed a family of 6, but still have good food.

Don't know if they have been mentioned, but DH and I enjoy Landry's Seafood for sit-down type place and Sobik's subs for a quick meal.

(Reviving this thread - considering off-site for our next stay and there's lots of helpful info here. Would really love to see it as a sticky! ::yes:: )

Best:
Fuddruckers- great burgers, huge portions, amazing toppings bar, HUGE milkshakes. I felt sick after drinking one!
Outback Steakhouse- Great steaks, portions are good sized. We're always full after eating the salad AND the main course! Can get really busy though.
Sweet Tomatoes- Salad, wonderful salad! Great quality, lots of breads, soups and desserts too. Their mac & cheese was pretty good.
Cheesecake Factory- HUGE portions, great variety, amazing cheesecake. Quality is a bit so-so.

Average:
Golden Corral- Great variety, , lots of meats, vegetables and of course a stocked dessert bar! The breakfast buffet is good value, especially with coupons because it includes drinks. Quality is alright and can depend on which one you go to and the time of day. I found it to be rather noisy too.
CiCi's Pizza- Cheap, filling pizza buffet. They'll make you a custom pizza if you don't like any out. My uncle got one either without cheese or tomato, I can't remember. Lots of coupons available practically everywhere. Average quality- you get what you pay for.
Denny's- Standard breakfast/lunch/dinner chain. Good pancakes. Clean restrooms. Average service.

Worst:
Ponderosa- Good selection but food quality varies a lot. Sometimes it's decent and other times, only just passable. You have to buy drinks on top of the buffet. Restrooms I found to be poor. Can get very busy.

Las Palmas across from Gatorland -- sooooo good. Papa relennas, red sauce, and skirt steak are fabulous.
Charley's for best steak ever.
Tu Tu Tango for good food and fun.
Flipper's for best pizza in central Florida.
5-Guys for best burgers ever. And great hot dogs too!
Sol Azteca for best Mexican in central Florida.
Abracadabra nitrogen ice cream located at downtown/main st. in Kissimmee.

If we are at Downtown Disney by the bus stop, is Crossroads withing walking distance?

Google Maps is showing just under 2 miles.

Was visiting WDW the week before Christmas and staying off property. I can highly recommend Giordanos pizza as well as Flippers. Very different, but both very delicious. And my favorite breakfast place is Bob Evans. There is one just off property on Irlo Bronson Memorial Parkway.

I love Bonefish Grill..has anyone tried the new one on 192, for some reason its called the Formosa Gardens one,but has a Kissimmee address?? Map shows its right across from Giordano's??

There's a soft spot in my heart for Ponderosa, we often went to the one on World Center Drive when the kids were little. The salad bar actually had veggies as well as the junk, so we could have some balance.

Sad to say, according to Google Maps at least, it seems to have closed.

There's a soft spot in my heart for Ponderosa, we often went to the one on World Center Drive when the kids were little. The salad bar actually had veggies as well as the junk, so we could have some balance.

Sad to say, according to Google Maps at least, it seems to have closed.

Ohh thats sad, that it closed. I loved it as a kid, was the only place outside off the world, where i would actually eat and not only stare at my plate.
I would have loved to go back to that place on our next trip.

I dont know what exact one you are referring to but i ate a several ponderosas on my last two trips (oct and xmas)

Bubbalou's Bodacious BBQ near Universal. It is the best BBQ ever!!! It's in a strip mall. The portions are big and the prices are reasonable. And they have free snowcones for kids.

This is a great thread!

Personal favorite are Roy's...including the Aloha Hour!, D'Antonio's in Celebration, and Anidamo's at the Hilton in DtD. (We love Italian, but just have a hard time paying the prices inside Disney sometimes...)

I have read most of this thread...was curious, does anyone know of a good Korean restaurant in the area? THAT would be a major score for our next trip if one exists!

We're splitting our Easter stay this year between Windsor Hills (March 29-Apr 2) and Disney (Apr 2-6). Anyone have any opinions on Ale House on 192? We're definitely going to Giordano's, it's a must every trip, and I'd like to try Sweet Tomatoes but also looking for a good steak for the hubby. We'll have the kiddies with us so causal would be good and looking for somewhere new. We have Texas Roadhouse, Lonestar, Outback, Ruth Chris and Fogo at home. Any ideas would be great. :goodvibes

For steak in the Formosa Gardens area - Longhorn Steakhouse would get my vote. Very kid friendly. Its in the Rolling Oaks center off the 192 (the same place as the Super Target).

We're splitting our Easter stay this year between Windsor Hills (March 29-Apr 2) and Disney (Apr 2-6). Anyone have any opinions on Ale House on 192? We're definitely going to Giordano's, it's a must every trip, and I'd like to try Sweet Tomatoes but also looking for a good steak for the hubby. We'll have the kiddies with us so causal would be good and looking for somewhere new. We have Texas Roadhouse, Lonestar, Outback, Ruth Chris and Fogo at home. Any ideas would be great. :goodvibes

We love the Ale House at that location. We have been there 2-3 times. They have great lunch specials and we like to share the Zingers Mountain Melt (buffalo chicken on top of cheese fries...fatty but so good!) for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter