Best Off-Site Restaurant's Thread

4 words...

Giordano's Chicago-Style Pizza

:love: :love: :love: :love:

Agreed!! And if you are willing to dine in, restaurant.com has certificates that can save you a bundle. They also have thin crust pizza that my grandsons liked. Their appetizers are the bomb! :thumbsup2

Restaurant Row ... all the best ... in one location

http://www.tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i10550-Restaurant_Row_in_Orlando.html

Roy's - Hawaiian Fusion
Ruth's Chris - Great Steakhouse
Bonefish -three words ... BANG BANG SHRIMP!!!
Seasons 52 - Seasonal menus, decent food but smaller portions
Mortons Steakhouse - HIGH end Steakhouse $$$$$
Christini's Ristorante - HIGH end Italian $$$$/Dress attire
The Melting Pot - A Fondue Style restaurant, GREAT desert!!
Oceans Prime - Seafood/Steak

everyone of them ... A++ ... Top notch food!!

just make sure to check out websites, because some are expensive and some require certain Dress attire.

These well received restaurants (with the exception of Christini's and Seasons) are all chain restaurants. It's too bad there aren't more good locally owned places.

Linda, I am interested in the Orlando Ale House location because it sounds awesome as well as the Golden Corral Buffet. I would like know more about the Ale house if possible like what is on the menue and did you do lunch or dinner?

For the Golden Corral Breafast Buffet-Where is it in respect to Disney and where did you get a coupon?

Thanks for the info!!!!

Ale House has a fantastic 35 fried shrimp dinner for $10 I've found it to be one of the best deals around Orlando so check it out if you get a chance.:thumbsup2

I was on Restaurant.com and saw these 5 restaurants I would like to try on my vacation. I want to to if anyone ate at any of these restaurants and how would you rate them.

Chef Eddie's
Beef O Brady's
O Charley's
Crab House Fresh Seafood & Caribbean Grill
Hot n Juicy Crawfish

Cafe Tu Tu Tango fans - what do you like about it? (I haven't been and I'm curious if it will suit our family )

These well received restaurants (with the exception of Christini's and Seasons) are all chain restaurants. It's too bad there aren't more good locally owned places.

Seasons 52 is a Darden chain. I still like it quite a bit, though. I've been to the Sand Lake one once, more often to the Naples one near me.

For independents/one-offs within that same strip:
- Cedars for excellent Lebanese
- Dragonfly Sushi/robata
- Chatham's Place for old-school continental

There's as many one-offs as chains in that strip. Search for Scott Joseph's reviews, as he's pretty reliable and level-headed.

Restaurant Row is Dr. Phillips, which is high rent. The kind of capital to build a place capable of attracting that crowd and staying afloat is increasingly out of reach for independent operators.

Cafe Tu Tu Tango fans - what do you like about it? (I haven't been and I'm curious if it will suit our family )

The food is very good while at the same time being unique--there are many things on the menu you just aren't going to find elsewhere. The menu is on the website to give you an idea, but they I imagine everyone could find something to try. In addition, the "artsy" vibe (I hate that word but can't think of a better one) really makes the place relaxing--it's more laid back than most places along I-Drive.

I was on Restaurant.com and saw these 5 restaurants I would like to try on my vacation. I want to to if anyone ate at any of these restaurants and how would you rate them.

Chef Eddie's
Beef O Brady's
O Charley's
Hot n Juicy Crawfish

I've been here a decade, and I've never even heard of Chef Eddies or Hot n Juicy Crawfish, for what it's worth. Google says the latter is new, while the former is nowhere near the tourist district.

Beef O'Bradys is a pretty standard sports bar, part of a chain. Tries to be a bit more family-friendly than, say, the Alehouse, but it's basically Hooters without the Hooters girls. I usually wander in once or twice a year, never been overly impressed, but never been outright disappointed either.

O Charely's is a midwestern chain, I believe. Never been but people seem to compare it to TGI Fridays/Bennigans quite a bit.

hey guys, hoping you can help with a restaurant name. in 2003 or 2004 we ate at an italian place right across(maybe down a bit) from old town. we really enjoyed it but for the life of us cannot remember the name of it. since that trip we've stayed on site so no chance to go back and check.

any thoughts on what it might be called or if its even open any longer? thanks!

If this has been said,I'll say it again.Forget OutBack steakhouse,Lone Star steakhouse blows them out of the water!!!!!!

For chain steak houses, I've always loved Outback. But since moving here, I will agree. The Outback on 192 was not good at all. That's the first time I've had bad food at an Outback. The Lone Star on 192 was wonderful.

I think I'm going to take DH out to Shula's soon and give it a try. I've never had a fancy steak before. :)

Not sure if it's been mentioned on here, but Linda's La Cantina, on Hwy 50/Colonial Drive used to be an excellent, locally owned steakhouse. Haven't been there in years, but they used to be the best!

Dh & I ate at a little restaurant in Winter Park, just up the street from the Morse Museum (Tiffany glass museum - beautiful!)... the food was excellent, the atmosphere was wonderful. Just wish I knew the name of the place! lol

Not sure if it's been mentioned on here, but Linda's La Cantina, on Hwy 50/Colonial Drive used to be an excellent, locally owned steakhouse. Haven't been there in years, but they used to be the best!

Dh & I ate at a little restaurant in Winter Park, just up the street from the Morse Museum (Tiffany glass museum - beautiful!)... the food was excellent, the atmosphere was wonderful. Just wish I knew the name of the place! lol

Hope others will chime in on these 2 - especially if anyone has been to Linda's La Cantina, & the name of the place in Winter Park....

Thanks for mentioning these places, Beth.

Chef Eddie's
Beef O Brady's
O Charley's
Hot n Juicy Crawfish

I'd be interested in the feedback on Restaurant.com offerings, too :)

I'll be purchasing some coupons next month.

I didn't have enough time to read all of the posts in here :goodvibes but from what I've skimmed through the Ravenous Pig has not yet been mentioned! It is about 30 mins from Disney but is well worth the drive. However, it is also important to note that this is a restaurant for foodies willing to try something new and not those who are picky! I have tried many things I would have never dreamed here-- all delicious. (My favorites still being the burger and pretzels though :)) I HIGHLY recommend taking the trip to Winter Garden even if it is just for drinks, burgers, and dessert. They have a large drink selection with many beers that are unique and dessert is AMAZING!

Their menu also changes monthly!

Here's the link to their site:
http://theravenouspig.com/

And their Facebook (lots of pictures):
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Ravenous-Pig/48468194369

Was the place in Winter Park called Luma on Park? Either way that's a good one. Briarpatch maybe? Lots of restaurants on Park.

Can never go wrong with some Olive Garden breadsticks! :thumbsup2 :cool1: :banana:

Joe's Crab Shack on 535 was excellent! Love the steam pots, drinks and atmosphere! Amanda our waitress was great with our party of eight. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter