Best Off-Site Restaurant's Thread

FirstWatch is a really good chain restaurant we don't have back home; offers breakfast/brunch/lunch and seems to be popular with the natives.

Are there any good Indian buffets down there? We'll be staying at Bonnet Creek, have never tried Indian food, but would like to. I'd like to have a variety to choose from though, in order to have the greatest chance of finding something we'll like. I'm not a picky eater and will try anything, but my mom will be with me and has gotten more picky as she gets older.:rotfl:

Are there any good Indian buffets down there? We'll be staying at Bonnet Creek, have never tried Indian food, but would like to. I'd like to have a variety to choose from though, in order to have the greatest chance of finding something we'll like. I'm not a picky eater and will try anything, but my mom will be with me and has gotten more picky as she gets older.:rotfl:

I stumbled across this on TripAdvisor: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...7390-Reviews-Bombay_Cafe-Orlando_Florida.html

I am sure you can find more options on this website as well. Enjoy your Indian food. I am not traveling with adventurous eaters either. I feel your pain. :rotfl:

My own opinions:

Ale House: cheap and reasonable pub food and beer. Usually go once (sometimes more if I'm traveling alone on business).

Panera Bread: one on Vineland Ave. just south of the outlet mall at the south end of i-drive, and the other in the parking lot of the Florida Mall. REAL BAGUETTES alone make it worth the trip. Love the french onion soup and salads too. None where we live.

Macaroni Grill. We don't have one at home, the whole family loves it.

Also, there's a tint sushi joint up i-drive near the Holiday Inn or Wet'n'Wild in a strip mall. Great place, wished I could remember the name. I think it's right next to either Ponderosa or Sizzler or something like that.

Great thread! Subscribing! Anyone know of other places that offer coupons? I've already registered with Sweet Tomatoes.
We are staying off site this go-round, and not having the dining plan is stressing me out a little. 5 years ago when we stayed off site, we had a bad experience when it came to Orlando restaurants. First one was a terrible all you can eat buffet place, (not sure the name) and another was an IHOP which served us rotten milk. It was that, in addition to, not being able to find anywhere to eat near Lake Buena Vista. One night, we drove around for an hour, with no luck. This was probably due to hot weather and cranky kids, too.
We did, however, LOVE the dining plan when we stayed at Beach Club two years ago. It was worth every penny. We are opting for saving, and spreading out a little this time, so eating off site is necessary. This thread has already helped a ton, so thanks for all the responses!

These well received restaurants (with the exception of Christini's and Seasons) are all chain restaurants. It's too bad there aren't more good locally owned places.

We love Seasons, but I'm sad to say it's a chain restaurant as well. We've only eaten at the one here in the Chicago suburbs.

We discovered the Wood Grill Buffet on I-Drive this year. Lots of good food, reasonably priced. Not far from the South I-drive outlet mall. we ate there 3 times.

Any restaurants with low sodium opptions? I have high blood pressure and I'm not suppose to go over 1200mg of sodium a day. With this being a vacation I know I will eat over thst amount, but would like to stay under 2400mg because that's the recommended amout for the average person who doesn't have high blood pressure.

Any restaurants with low sodium opptions? I have high blood pressure and I'm not suppose to go over 1200mg of sodium a day. With this being a vacation I know I will eat over thst amount, but would like to stay under 2400mg because that's the recommended amout for the average person who doesn't have high blood pressure.

Seasons 52 is a good choice. Everything is also under 475 calories.

We just returned from a trip and ate at Miller's Ale House based on the recommendations from this thread. It was great! Reminded me of a sports bar/grill type of set up. The food was reasonably priced and plenty of options: apps, steaks, burgers, pasta, salads, kids choices. . . I would not hesitate to go here again.

I wanted to try Bonefish Grill but after looking at the menu prices, it looked a little expensive for us.

We just returned from a trip and ate at Miller's Ale House based on the recommendations from this thread. It was great! Reminded me of a sports bar/grill type of set up. The food was reasonably priced and plenty of options: apps, steaks, burgers, pasta, salads, kids choices. . . I would not hesitate to go here again.

I wanted to try Bonefish Grill but after looking at the menu prices, it looked a little expensive for us.

Thanks! was wondering about Miller's Ale House... may I suggest that next time you give Bonefish a try, if you go on Weds. it is Bang Bang Weds. and you can get the Bang Bang Shrimp for $5 ! It is delicious in my opinion and I get full off just eating that and the bread they bring to your table!

Thanks! was wondering about Miller's Ale House... may I suggest that next time you give Bonefish a try, if you go on Weds. it is Bang Bang Weds. and you can get the Bang Bang Shrimp for $5 ! It is delicious in my opinion and I get full off just eating that and the bread they bring to your table!

Thanks for the tip, I will definitely check it out next time we are down there!

OK, I haven't read the entire thread :( , so forgive me if someone posted this, or if this isn't your idea of "in Orlando"

But, if you are willing to make the trek, The Hollobach Willow Tree restaurant in Sanford is the BEST place ever. It's owned/operated by a German chef, and serves wonderful authentic German food ('nacht). The best stand-out item is the Heaven-on-Earth mashed potatoes. It's potatoes with apple and bacon - wonderful. Plus the strudel and the rham sauce are great. The kids menu leaves a lot to be desired, so I would share your food with your lil' one since the portions are so big.

Boston Fish Market (not to be confused with Boston Chicken) is a great local place and has market-fresh fish.

I really like Colorado Fondue in Casselberry (not to be confused with the Melting Pot) which is a wonderful local place. They serve hot rock fondue.

On Park Ave in Winter Park there is a wine-by-the-glass bar called The Wine Bar. If you like wine, it's a wonderful place to check out new ones without having to pay tons of money. Plus, Winter Park is such a cool little town and Park Ave is THE place to be seen!

Any Tequila Flats places are local chains, and are really delish. The chain was started by a college student from Florida!

Bubbalous BBQ in Casselberry has amazing BBQ, and 4 Rivers BBQ is also great. 4Rivers makes Texas BBQ, and I personally don't like that style. DH thinks it's great though, while I enjoy the brisket.

Hash House A-Go-Go has gotten the thumbs up from my DH. I don't like their portions or the pancakes, but all my other friends do. Plus, they make a BLT Bloody Mary. So there.

Also, High Tide Harry's is a local version of Joe's Crab shack, but much more reasonable and nicer.

The Ravenous Pig is great and so is Cask and Larder.

If you want real traditional Florida, try the Black Hammock fish camp. Not promising gourmet food, but rather real local food. Cheese grits, catfish, gator, conch and you can even handle a gator. The lake there has more gators per square foot than the Everglades. Again, not gourmet food, but very local food! Hope that gives everyone some good ideas!

All these places are good and worth a trip if only for the fact that you can get off Disney proper and maybe enjoy Florida from a different point of view. :)
:moped:

Another vote for Orlando/Millers Ale House. We went to the one on West Colonial Dr. Good food and reasonable prices. We will go back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter