Best Masks for hot and humid weather.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I have the old navy masks. I bought them when we went to Dollywood last August. By the end of the day, they were pretty soaked and heavy, from the humidity and sweat. I know I will need to bring at least 2 or 3 each day.

As for the disposable ones thank you! I would never have thought those would be light and more comfortable than a lot of the others.

Are there particular brands of the disposable you all feel are more comfortable? I see someone above me asked the same thing. Thanks!

Are there particular brands of the disposable you all feel are more comfortable? I see someone above me asked the same thing. Thanks!

I'm interested in this question, too. I've tried the brand of disposables that they have at Costco, but the ear loops feel weird and aren't as stretchy/loose as I'd like.

I used these last August and September: https://amzn.to/3uYlC3m

Now I use these in black (they have a 5-color variety pack, too, which might be fun): https://amzn.to/3sWt6Ct

I use these KN95 on airplanes: https://amzn.to/2MMishZ
Huheta (mfr. "Dongguan") is on the FDA KN95 emergency approved list. They have black & white but I use the black ones.
They also have regular 3-layer ones in blue & black but I haven't tried them: https://amzn.to/3bg7fQ5

I carry a few extra in a zip lock in my pocket. I've only had one strap break but I was glad to have the extras handy!

I think that changing them out more often is important to keep cool. Also, I noticed that I did not drink as often as I should have because you are always stopping and trying to find an out of way place to drink and it becomes a hassle. It is too easy to become dehydrated. I feel that they need more areas that you can distance and take you mask off. As the temperatures get hotter, I can see more dehydration issues in the parks.

This.

My daughter worked as a lifeguard at an outdoor pool last summer and the cotton masks were best but she changed them out regularly and if they were sweaty she poured water on them. They still work when wet. Rather than wearing two masks, with the cotton ones she can add a filter.

She also found that she drank less water until she started counting her bottles and made sure she finished one each hour -- which is what she normally would drink without thinking about it.

I went twice last summer and could not have survived if I hadn’t found the mask I did. It’s triple layered and made of a highly breathable rayon blend. It’s the one in my profile picture. It secures under the chin but also has a sort of bandana/scarf part attached to the bottom to protect your neck and upper chest from the sun. i actually gave one to my DS to wear as well since nothing else was working for him either. We were stopped at the gate every single time, but we were allowed through when we showed them that the masks secured under the chin. In the winter, though, we were fine with the regular Disney ones.

My husband also swears by the Under Armor masks. I will be bringing them for him when we go in May.
I just bought one for June. Haven't used it yet but like the fact that the mask stays off of your mouth. Feels lightweight. It's is highly reviewed. Went last October and thought that I'd prefer the disposables but actually preferred a fabric one with a cone shape so I could breathe.

My 13yo daughter and I visited for a week in July and brought a variety of masks, in a supply of disposable paper masks. By far, we both preferred the disposable masks. sat the resort (versus the parks), we typically used a non-disposable mask simply because it seemed less wasteful. We’re headed back on Saturday for a week and are again planning to use disposable masks We got these in standard blue and black and have tested for comfort.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B089MZVQKD?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I saw on another post that someone recommended pomchies so I ordered a few and they just came 2 days ago and they are AMAZING! I can't even tell you. And I'm kicking myself for not finding these a year ago! But it's crazy how much better you can breathe out of them. They are soft and thin too. I don't know what the material is but it makes the biggest difference. I also did the candle test wearing it because I was a bit worried about how effective they were but they completely passed. I'm going to be ordering so many more of these for our trip this summer!

Pretty sure Pomchies are only one layer. I bought some, and they are super thin. No way they are safe to use.

Pretty sure Pomchies are only one layer. I bought some, and they are super thin. No way they are safe to use.
Well I’m not sure how accurate the candle tests are but I tried with my Ponchie mask on and I couldn’t blow out 3 different kinds of candles held right in front of my mask so that did make me feel better. It’s something in the material I think that allows it to be so breathable and thin. It’s like a strange spandex or nylon, I’m not sure? We’re definitely not wearing them on the plane but will be at the parks for sure.

I use cloth at home, but I was at Disney for two weeks last August and the disposable ones worked much better for being outdoors in the heat. They didn’t seem to absorb sweat as quickly, so I didn’t have to change as often, and I wasn’t carrying around dirty masks or wondering if I got them clean enough in the sink. I would put on a fresh one in the morning and carry three in a ziploc baggie. I never had a day where I had to use all the backup masks. I usually changed out about halfway through the day.

I am grateful for all the responses. It sounds like disposable is the way to go. They may not look cool but they feel cool than the other kinds!

I havent been to Disney wearing masks yet, but I know in the heat and humidity in Houston, the throw away ones are by far the best.

Have any of you found good, breathable masks to be better for those hot and humid days at the park? We are heading to DW at end of August. We have been there at that time and I know how hot it is! Any suggestions for masks that breathe and do better than others?
I'm another vote for the disposable surgical masks. We had cutesy ones and we still found the most comfortable for us to be the disposables. We bring extras with us and swap out if we get wet on a ride or need a fresh mask. They are also the most comfortable masks on our ears.

I won't leave the house unless everyone I'm with is wearing at least two masks (only with a negative test)

I am thinking about the Face masks I found on Amazon made by WeCare...they are disposable 3 ply and individually wrapped .
I hate making more trash but how to keep them clean ?

My son and I went in January and are going again with the rest of the family in mid May. The plan is for a super lightweight mask with good air flow for times when we're walking and quickly moving past other people (i.e. walking from Contemporary to MK or moving from one end of park to the other). A second mask (Under Armour) for when we're in line or in areas where people aren't moving.

It really does help mitigate the heat as well as make it easier to breathe when walking longer distances.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter