Best Mac for a college student

Definitely "low pressure"...as a matter a fact the store closest to us is ALWAYS jammed, no matter what time of the day and what day of the week, it's always packed and sometimes you have to wait for someone to help you!:lmao:

A few years back I originally looked there but ordered online because I wanted some different specs which couldn't be changed if you bought it from the store (don't know if that option has changed-I upgraded my hard drive space and RAM back then) and I have had my MacBook Pro for 3 yrs now and absolutely love it!! It still feels like it's up to date with everything (except for the keyboard, some of my keys took a beating-but they have changed the keyboard since...)

I can't recommend the MacBook Pro enough-I went through the awful Power Macs of the 90s and swore I'd never buy another Mac after that, then went through PC after PC with constant issues. My SIL bought a MacBook a few yrs back and loved it and said she never had problems like I did with the earlier Power Mac versions so I took a chance and glad I did. I even have windows on it but barely use it.

For the price difference of the regular MB and the MB Pro I'd go for the Pro.;):thumbsup2

Just wanted to throw out there, DD researched and was so excited to get her Mac last year. Her college is Windows based and prefers them. They do not have a support team for Mac. So if she would have bought it and had problems, they do not answer questions or work on them. Also many of the programs were not easily converted to Mac. I know many people are much more savvy and can do it from Windows to Mac, but we could never had done it.

I would make sure before you purchase.

A lot of IT staff do prefer Windows, since it's what they're used to, but Mac is getting common enough at colleges that I think many will be ok with it. If there are programs that absolutely have to run on Windows, you can install something like Parallels that lets you run the Windows operating system inside the Mac.

Just wanted to throw out there, DD researched and was so excited to get her Mac last year. Her college is Windows based and prefers them. They do not have a support team for Mac. So if she would have bought it and had problems, they do not answer questions or work on them. Also many of the programs were not easily converted to Mac. I know many people are much more savvy and can do it from Windows to Mac, but we could never had done it.

I would make sure before you purchase.
Keep in mind also, that in the real business world, people generally use Windows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter