Best large group dining

ogdengreg

Earning My Ears
Jan 2022 - three families - 11 people. What is the best one shot deal for everyone to eat together? Which place can best accommodate a large group and give us one family meal? Your choice, please.

In park would be tough but we have had private rooms for parties of 8-10 people when dining at Il Mulino, Shula's and Toledo.

Biergarten has tables that seat up to 12 people. Our party of 9 last December was seated at a single table at Mama Melrose, Beaches & Cream, and Liberty Tree Tavern.

ETA also at Homecomin’.

Last edited:
In park for that many people is tough right now. We have 12 in our group and I couldn't get anything on the app for the whole group this coming August (60 days + 10) or anything for more than 8 people. Pre-Covid I had success booking for 12 at every restaurant we wanted. You can call to get reservations for more than 8 but good luck getting through without an insane wait on hold.

For Biergarten most tables seat 8 so you may be split into 2 parties. Any of the former buffets, like Crystal Palace, can push tables together and serve something similar to all you care to enjoy platters. Outside of the parks we had a great experience dealing with Wine Bar George booking our group. They responded quickly via email and were able to book our large group easily, they also have family style platters and we plan on ordering a few of those.

Flying Fish has a connected back room that might appeal.
Great food and service.
Saw a multi generational dinner in the spot during the holidays. Grandparents and their adult children at one large table with the grandchildren at another but nearby. Lovely memory.

I've been part of group that size or larger at Via Napoli in the past. I was not the one who arranged the meal so I'm not sure how it was reserved.

My park favorite large group (two grandparents, three adult siblings and four grandchildren) was Tusker House. Outside of the park for me: Ohana, Narcoosee’s, Homecoming or maybe even Splitsville renting some lanes and eating. We tried Be Our Guest once with 10 but ended up at two tables right next to each other, in the west wing and it was lovely but defeated the purpose of eating together.

We did 14 people at Liberty Tree after my daughter's wedding. My Father in law called and got the reservation (and paid for the dinner!) They put us against the back wall in the dining room to the right of the entrance.

I'd say Via Napoli (EPCOT). Who doesn't like pizza? And theirs is very good. There are other options on the menu but we think the pizza is the best. I have seen many large groups in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter