Best Guesses on the Fantasy Cruises

I'm just really really hoping they replace ports like Cayman with other ports that are open. Totally not worth it to me if the ports are replaced with sea days. More days to sit around in a mask? Nope. No thanks!
I hear what you are saying about how masks would impact your vacation. I don't know that port stops would be a huge help though. Strict mask guidelines and enforcement are still in place in many other countries. Right now Nassau, Saint Thomas, and Tortola all have strict mask ordinances.

it’s very overwhelming. The photos part is part of the new no contact. The cm use to take your picture at checkin. Now there’s no checkin, so we have to do it ourselves. we did ours yesterday…lol….since it’s a head shot, it would be similar to a passport photo. I do my checkin in 4 days so want to be ready. Same for scanning our passports so we can attach those to our online checkin

People in our cruise group were having trouble attaching scanned documents. I just took pics with my iPhone and had no issues.

I'm just really really hoping they replace ports like Cayman with other ports that are open. Totally not worth it to me if the ports are replaced with sea days. More days to sit around in a mask? Nope. No thanks!

More sea days would normally be awesome but with limited club time, it wouldn't be much fun

Technologically challenged so will have to get help "attaching" anything.

Take pics of your passports and your headshots with your iPhone. They will go to your photos. Check in with your iPhone. When you need to attach, just select photo library. It will take you to your iPhone pics. Select the one you want. It will attach itself. Very easy.

People in our cruise group were having trouble attaching scanned documents. I just took pics with my iPhone and had no issues.

I will be one having problems. I'll have to get my son to help......his whole family is going so we can do it at the same time.

Take pics of your passports and your headshots with your iPhone. They will go to your photos. Check in with your iPhone. When you need to attach, just select photo library. It will take you to your iPhone pics. Select the one you want. It will attach itself. Very easy.

No iPhone.
How would it attach itself to a website?
I will have someone else do it for me.
Thanks

Dumb question but do you do this yourself or does your TA do it

Last edited:

yes, my photos are on my phone & ipad, I took them with my phone, though I took alot to get an acceptable one. Lol. I also sent my passport photos to phone/iPad. I’ll remember to just take a picture of them if they don’t go. Tks for the tips.

No iPhone.
How would it attach itself to a website?
I will have someone else do it for me.
Thanks
When you are doing online check in and get to the attaching pics part, it asks if you want to take the pic then or upload one. If you click on upload, it gives you options of where to find the pic you want to upload. If you select photo library, the website goes to the pics on your phone. You click on the one you want to upload and the pic goes to the online check in page.

I will be one having problems. I'll have to get my son to help......his whole family is going so we can do it at the same time.
When you are doing online check in and get to the attaching pics part, it asks if you want to take the pic then or upload one. If you click on upload, it gives you options of where to find the pic you want to upload. If you select photo library, the website goes to the pics on your phone. You click on the one you want to upload and the pic goes to the online check in page.

Thanks......so if I have a picture on my desktop and am using the website, it would work the same way?

I hear what you are saying about how masks would impact your vacation. I don't know that port stops would be a huge help though. Strict mask guidelines and enforcement are still in place in many other countries. Right now Nassau, Saint Thomas, and Tortola all have strict mask ordinances.

I understand that masks will be required in ports. For my family, the main joy of cruising is getting to visit several different ports and experience different places all in the same trip. So if I'm off the ship experiencing something new, wearing a mask won't be a deal breaker. Sitting on the ship wearing one would be a waste of my time and money.

Yeah, looking through the guidelines to disembark in the Bahamas and in the USVI I believe other lines are managing the traveler permits for passengers. The USVI and BVI are both requiring tests for everyone to disembark - doesn't matter if you're vaccinated. So that is a big thing relative to DCL's current "if you're vaccinated no test required" embarkation in PC. I don't know what arrangements other lines have made to be permitted to disembark.

Yeah, looking through the guidelines to disembark in the Bahamas and in the USVI I believe other lines are managing the traveler permits for passengers. The USVI and BVI are both requiring tests for everyone to disembark - doesn't matter if you're vaccinated. So that is a big thing relative to DCL's current "if you're vaccinated no test required" embarkation in PC. I don't know what arrangements other lines have made to be permitted to disembark.
I think this is probably the main reason they went for just going to Castaway Cay for the Dream sailings - will be interesting to see how protocols may vary for the Fantasy.

Children who have been vaccinated do not need tests.

yes, thanks, guess I left that out. I should’ve said all children under 12 need to be tested and kids 12 and over who are not vaccinated need to be tested. my grandkids would’ve caught that For me. They are all vaccinated from 12 to 26. Only the 6 year old isn’t, but will be as soon as we get the green light. He’s our only unvaccinated out of our family of 15.

I think i might move our December wonder cruise up.

Do we think September is safe? Do we think another cruise or two might get cancelled?

Do we think September is safe? Do we think another cruise or two might get cancelled?
There is still a lot of possibility that more cruises can be cancelled. Just like WDW didn't reopen all of its resorts at once, it is by no means a certainty that DCL will bring all of the ships back into service in early fall. In fact, imo that seems less than likely. The Dream sailing 3 and 4 night cruises to Castaway Cay only is a very different proposition than week-long & even longer cruises sailing to public foreign ports. The longer a ship is at sea, the more opportunity there is for disease to spread and manifest itself among the passengers, and cause a bad PR "outbreak". With the Delta variant and the relatively large number of unvaccinated passengers (children) on Disney ships, I think DCL would rather err on the safe side and stick to short cruises, and not dock at public foreign ports for a while.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter