• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Guesses on the Fantasy Cruises

Just like WDW didn't reopen all of its resorts at once, it is by no means a certainty that DCL will bring all of the ships back into service in early fall.

Which then has me thinking. I am on the Wonder out of Galveston.

A new port, a new state, and a ship most likely to he last to sail. So I am wondering even if there is risk September on Fantasy might be more likely than first week of December on Wonder.

yes, thanks, guess I left that out. I should’ve said all children under 12 need to be tested and kids 12 and over who are not vaccinated need to be tested. my grandkids would’ve caught that For me. They are all vaccinated from 12 to 26. Only the 6 year old isn’t, but will be as soon as we get the green light. He’s our only unvaccinated out of our family of 15.
...unless DCL really does port in the USVI or BVI, in which case expect a revised protocol since both ports require everyone to test regardless of vaccine status.

How much does this cost?
Testing?

From DCL:
Voluntarily Choose to Provide Proof of a COVID-19 Vaccination
Guests who are fully vaccinated may choose to provide proof of vaccination in order to be exempt from pre-arrival and Embarkation Day COVID-19 testing (unless arriving from outside the United States). The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention considers people to be fully vaccinated 14 days after the final dose has been administered. Guests may visit the Safe Passage website beginning 33 days before—but no later than 24 hours before—sailing to upload an image file (PDF, JPG, TIFF, etc.) showing proof of vaccination, preferably a vaccination card. For Guests choosing this option, it is recommended to bring proof of vaccination (vaccination card) to the port for embarkation.

Provide Proof of a Negative COVID-19 PCR Test Result
Guests must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test (paid for at the Guest’s expense) taken between 5 days and 24 hours prior to the sail date. Guests may obtain their PCR test from any independent testing provider or, for Guests residing in the United States, may purchase a PCR testing kit directly from Inspire Diagnostics at a cost of $98.33 per test (which includes a 3.5% processing fee). Guests who are fully vaccinated may choose to provide proof of vaccination instead of undergoing pre-trip COVID-19 testing.

• Independent Testing Provider: To submit your test results from an independent testing provider, log in to the Safe Passage website and follow the prompts for submitting your COVID-19 PCR test results. To avoid delay, test results should be uploaded as an image file (PDF, JPG, TIFF, etc.) no later than 24 hours prior to embarkation. Visit the Safe Passage website to upload your test results. It’s also recommended that Guests bring documentation of a negative COVID-19 PCR test result with them to the terminal on Embarkation Day.
  • PCR Testing Kit from Inspire Diagnostics: Guests who live in the United States may order a testing kit directly from the Safe Passage website. Guests from outside of the US must obtain their test results from a provider within their country. Each testing kit includes instructions on how to obtain and submit your test sample. Tests must be completed 4 to 5 days before you set sail and immediately mailed back to Inspire Diagnostics. Samples can be mailed in the postage-paid envelope provided with your kit. Test results will be provided within 48 hours upon receipt by Inspire Diagnostics. Make sure to allow enough time for Inspire Diagnostics to receive and process your test sample. Visit the Safe Passage website to order a testing kit.

Please be aware that Guests with positive COVID-19 test results, as well as those in their travel party, will be denied boarding. Guests may also be denied boarding if Inspire Diagnostics has not received the required documentation and/or pre-arrival test results needed to sail. Guests who receive positive test results should not travel to the cruise terminal.

Not 100% sure based on the published guidelines for the USVI and BVI. It's definitely a layer of complexity either way.

I think we decided to move our December cruise to September just trying to decide between Fantasy (7 Days), Dream (b2b), or Dream (4 nights in concierge)

Thanks I wasn't sure, I thought maybe you had to pay to open an account with the site. I'm assuming it's a 3rd party site.

sorry, I must’ve modified and missed that. There’s no cost for uploading your vaccine card. You just create an account in the safe passage website.

Thanks I wasn't sure, I thought maybe you had to pay to open an account with the site. I'm assuming it's a 3rd party site.

it is a third party site. It’s where people have to upload their insurance if required (no dcl, only outside insurance) and where people upload their test results prior to cruising. I find out tomorrow as it’s my day 33, so I get to register and get that chore done.

Is the requirement regardless if you choose to disembark?

I would imagine so - the same way that for countries that require visas, all ship passengers are required to get the visa even if they have zero desire or intent to get off. Their reasoning being first, they have no way to enforce you not getting off, and second, anything could happen that would require EVERYONE to disembark.

I think we decided to move our December cruise to September just trying to decide between Fantasy (7 Days), Dream (b2b), or Dream (4 nights in concierge)
I mean, to pass between BVI and USVI right now actually requires a PCR, which is a really big deal compared to normal transit.

Is Disney still doing a "simulation" cruise this month, or just the 2 test cruises late next month prior to returning to customer sailings?

Watching the Fantasy on the webcam and I don't see much activity over there today. It's raining, so maybe that is why, but it sure doesn't look like a ship getting ready to sail on a test cruise. It's 3:30 now and I just don't see activity on the dock. Anyone have news if they are really "test" sailing today?

I read they had moved it to the end of next month. I was so disappointed to see it, as we´re set to cruise in mid September.

Fantasy test

I read they had moved it to the end of next month. I was so disappointed to see it, as we´re set to cruise in mid September.

Fantasy test

Well, that's a kick in the gut. Thanks for the info. I sure hope they don't wait till the end of August to provide info on the Fantasy sailings (like they did with the Dream). I have DVC and park tickets that need to be dealt with if we are not sailing.

Last edited:
Well, that's a kick in the gut. Thanks for the info. I sure hope they don't wait till the end of August to provide info on the Fantasy sailings (like they did with the Dream). I have DVC and park tickets that need to be dealt with if we are not sailing.
I thought there was still a test today (filed with the CDC) as well as the test as the end of August similar to the ones happening on the Dream soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter