Best Fish Extender gift received?

I just really, really want to make something this time. The only problem is the Fantasy is such a huge ship, I'm nervous about how big our group could get. But, I have a YEAR so maybe I just need to pick something and get crafting!!! lol

We just signed up for our first FE Exchange and this thread has given me some great ideas as to what people like to receive. Thank you for posting

I think we will be giving a combination of store bought and handmade items in hopes of giving everyone something they like.

Hello neighbor :wave2:

I live near EDH, and you will have a wonderful time finding inspiration for the FE's. I just came back from the local farmer's market, and you can get some great ideas just by walking around there. Walking around Old Sac, Placerville, and even the Folsom historic area might stir up some ideas. :)

Just a thought...Think about how many you can make and pack in your luggage. We had a large FE group last year and it took 3 carry on suitcases to bring them from the West to East coast. And then we had to buy one more suitcase to bring all the goodies back with us! :beach:

Have fun, I think personalized magnets are great, photo frames, and a Diser even made jewelry with a "Dream" charm on it. :goodvibes

Good Luck! :flower3:

Hi-I'm a neighbor too! I was thinking of trying to pick up something with the Kings or River Cats on it. Thinking about small bags of Jelly Bellys and Blue Diamond Almonds

We're sailing in less than 2 months, and I'm struggling with coming up with an idea for gifts for the men.

We've been assigned to give out our gifts on Day 4 of our 5 day cruise, so I've seen a lot of suggestions for things that can be used onboard, but given when we have to give out the gifts, I think it should be something useful for the trip home or to use at home (and be easy and small to pack).

Ideas?

Key chain?

On our last cruise, my husband got a mini bottle of rum for an FE. He loved it and is considering to give them when we cruise this summer.

wvhokies said:
We're sailing in less than 2 months, and I'm struggling with coming up with an idea for gifts for the men.

We've been assigned to give out our gifts on Day 4 of our 5 day cruise, so I've seen a lot of suggestions for things that can be used onboard, but given when we have to give out the gifts, I think it should be something useful for the trip home or to use at home (and be easy and small to pack).

Ideas?

Wow that sucks you have a certain day which has kinda made it hard to pick an Fe. I have never been or will be assigned a day to deliver...if you are finding this is making it more difficult I would deliver when you wanted. This is suppose to be fun not stressful. Plus what if you are busy on those days? Any Fe I have kinda ran is always more relaxed.

Wow that sucks you have a certain day which has kinda made it hard to pick an Fe. I have never been or will be assigned a day to deliver...if you are finding this is making it more difficult I would deliver when you wanted. This is suppose to be fun not stressful. Plus what if you are busy on those days? Any Fe I have kinda ran is always more relaxed.

You would have hated one of the FE groups we participated in. We were not only assigned a day, but a time of day. There were morning, afternoon, and evening slots. Of course there was also a note on the bottom of the assignment sheet saying the FE was meant to be fun and if you found you couldn't deliver on your assigned day and/or time once onboard it wasn't a big deal.

Some groups choose to assign days so the gifts will be more evenly distributed rather than having an overflowing FE the first sea day and then nothing else the rest of the cruise. I'm sure the folks in the group agreed to assigned days and they were probably given the option to request a specific day if they wanted.

On day 4 of a 5 day cruise I wouldn't do the stuff that might come in handy on the cruise thing, but I think most gifts would still be fine: consumables, cruise momentos, key chains, luggage tags, etc.

Exactly what I was going to say! I loved doing them whenever. And we didn't get them all delivered in one day so finished the next, and we brought something different for pirate day - it was nice not to have to worry about it.

You would have hated one of the FE groups we participated in. We were not only assigned a day, but a time of day. There were morning, afternoon, and evening slots. Of course there was also a note on the bottom of the assignment sheet saying the FE was meant to be fun and if you found you couldn't deliver on your assigned day and/or time once onboard it wasn't a big deal.

Some groups choose to assign days so the gifts will be more evenly distributed rather than having an overflowing FE the first sea day and then nothing else the rest of the cruise. I'm sure the folks in the group agreed to assigned days and they were probably given the option to request a specific day if they wanted.

On day 4 of a 5 day cruise I wouldn't do the stuff that might come in handy on the cruise thing, but I think most gifts would still be fine: consumables, cruise momentos, key chains, luggage tags, etc.

Ur right I wouldn't like it and I WOULDN'T do it. My vacation, my gift, my way :) When I organize and keep the webpages and such...I want the participants to enjoy it. Regardless if the FE is empty one day or full the next. If I am OP of this topic...I make what I want to deliver when I want!!!

That's nuts. I would personally opt out. There's no way I'd agree to missing an event just to deliver an FE. I stay up late and would prefer to deliver FE at 11pm after my day is over, or sometime in the middle of the day during the kids' naps.

And just the stress of it becomes a "thing," you know?

Ur right I wouldn't like it and I WOULDN'T do it. My vacation, my gift, my way :) When I organize and keep the webpages and such...I want the participants to enjoy it. Regardless if the FE is empty one day or full the next. If I am OP of this topic...I make what I want to deliver when I want!!!

That's nuts. I would personally opt out. There's no way I'd agree to missing an event just to deliver an FE. I stay up late and would prefer to deliver FE at 11pm after my day is over, or sometime in the middle of the day during the kids' naps.

And just the stress of it becomes a "thing," you know?

Apparently you both missed this in my original post: there was also a note on the bottom of the assignment sheet saying the FE was meant to be fun and if you found you couldn't deliver on your assigned day and/or time once onboard it wasn't a big deal.

IIRC there were a few folks in that group who wanted to have a random delivery day/time too, and everyone was fine with that as well.

I admit I was a bit put off by having assignments at first, but I actually thought it turned out really well. It was one of the funnest groups I've been a part of and it wasn't stressful at all.

The point being, it's not like there's only one right way to organize a FE group. I think keeping an open mind and not getting defensive is always a good idea. Just sayin'

Sorry for the little off track jaunt.... back to fun FE ideas, no matter when you deliver them. ;)

I sent a facebook request as well to join the FE group. Looking for FE gift ideas for our Jan cruise. Not sure if the group is opened to new members though (which is ok if not).

The most unique thing we got was from an FE group member family from Kentucky. They assigned each cabin a number, and matched them with a ticket for the Kentucky Derby horses. We were supposed to watch the Derby and if we won, they said a prize would be mailed. Well I almost forgot about it, but the morning of the KD, I remembered, and I actually knew where that ticket was. I was so shocked when I held the winning ticket LOL. I was even more shocked when the original cruiser sent me a little check :)!

The coolest things I like getting (besides candy from other countries) is music CD's. DH likes getting mini-alcohol bottles. Some really cool things we've gotten: a pair of insulated travel style cups to use, but unfortunately one of them got cracked in transit; a blank journal with Mickey on the cover and a matching pen; a clear glass bottle with the name of the ship etched into it, and a little sand and some tiny seashells were inside, the cap was glued shut and had a black and red ribbon tied around the neck of the bottle; and trading pins.

We also enjoy almost all the candy - we generally take it home and eat a piece or two every few days, it helps us remember that trip and that group of friends.

I wouldn't stress out too much. Supposed to be fun for everyone.
I kind of like the assigned days that way we all get a little something everyday from someone. We're on a 3rd day but I'm still planning on passing out something that's useful on board for the adults. I'm thinking, perhaps by the 3rd day, they may have just ran out of that particular item? If not, they can always use it during their travel back home.
I think most adults always enjoy little alcohol, too.

Don't forget that this is for fun. No one is expecting a $100 worth of goodies from others. :)

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter