Best Fish Extender gift received?

I’m doing can koozies in tropical colors with the cruise line logo on them. For kids I’m giving the neoprene popsicle holders with glow sticks. Then some marvel stickers/tattoos and princess themed stickers/tattoos. Will that be a decent gift?

Travelling from Australia, so space in luggage is limited. What have you received that you loved from us Aussies?
Got a very sturdy color metal key chain in the shape of a kangaroo. So cool, and space efficient.

My favorite gift is a defusing tumbler for two reasons:
1) it had Mickey on it and was in red my favorite color
2) and most importantly it had my name on it and I’ve never had a cup with my name on it before.
Karyne, you just don’t see things with that spelling.

I like gifts that show that some kind of thought or effort was put into them. We enjoy discovering what people gave us- it's so cool to return to the stateroom and get an unanticipated gift.

On the flip side, I dislike getting candy & food because it feels like we're stuffing ourselves all through the cruise as it is. That always goes to waste. Appreciate the thought, but I hate wasting food.

Last edited:

Favorite gifts:
CD with Disney songs or songs related to the port
Money exchange info card for several countries......laminated with a ring to attach to your Key to the World.. that way you always had
it with you and were never, "now how much is this in US$ or whatever country you were from. (Europe Cruises!)
Necklace with Disney things ~ have worn it for many years after receiving it

But any gift is very much appreciated :) It's just FUN to participate!

Would people appreciate thumb drives with music now that CDs aren't as much as a thing?
I was actually just thinking that I might do this for our next trip. We still listen to the CD in the car, but I think a thumb drive would be better these days.

So here's one vote for great idea!

I was actually just thinking that I might do this for our next trip. We still listen to the CD in the car, but I think a thumb drive would be better these days.

So here's one vote for great idea!

I don't do the FE thing, but I can say that CDs are useless to me as I have no way to play them. I suspect there are others who don't have cars (or don't have CD players in cars) and don't have CD players in their homes (many new computers do not have slots for CDs/DVDs).

This thread is super fun, but also kind of intimidating. I am quite honestly floored by the more elaborate gifts that are personalized or completely handmade. Amazing!

This thread is super fun, but also kind of intimidating. I am quite honestly floored by the more elaborate gifts that are personalized or completely handmade. Amazing!

Don't be intimidated. My opinion is that FE gifts should be your own personal choice and not someone else's expectations. I always enjoy the variety of other people's thoughtfulness.

Has anyone ever done a just for kids FE group? I have no interest in receiving things for myself but it might be a daily dose of extra fun for the little guys.

My boys especially liked the lanyards they received. And I thought the personalized bookmarks we all got were pretty neat! We had all indicated our favorite characters ahead of time, and the lanyards followed that theme, and the bookmarks had our names and a picture and quote from our favorite character! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter