Best drops for dry eye?

I accidentally poked my eye one morning while getting ready for work. :sad: Ever since then I've had problems with that eye being dry in the morning. The doctor recommended Miro-128 ointment at bedtime and it is AWESOME! Very rarely I have a problem during the day, but I always keep a bottle of Systane Balance with me and it does the trick when I need it.

I also find the Muro 128 ointment to be awesome!! Ever since I have been using this at bedtime, I haven't had any problems. I used to use drops before bedtime and had problems off and on.

mamajo4 said:
I use Liquavision eye drops. I won't put anything else in my eyes. I don't have dry eyes any longer. I have a friend who scratch his cornia. His doctor gave him a prescription that burned when he put it in his eye. He actually lost his vision in that eye for a short time until he started putting liquavision in his eye. He was back at work in two days. He went to his eye doctor and the doctor was amazed he had no evidence of any injury in his eye. It was completely healed.

This sounds exactly like the same claims on the website and the only posts you have had on this forum are about those drops. Again, it makes them look highly suspect. If your "friend" had a scratch on the cornea he/she was likely given a steroid drop which would burn. It's medicine, not a tear, and many of them do burn. To say he lost vision temporarily from the drops is total bs. And cornea scratches generally heal very fast with or without medication so to go back after 2 days and have no evidence is not amazing.

As I said before, I'm all for natural alternatives to anything....when it's safe. But the claims on that web site are ridiculous and then to come here with zero posting history and miraculous results.....yeah, people should check with their eye doctor before using that stuff. Make sure what you put in your eye is safe and not just because some person on the Internet had magical results.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GenTeal Gel for Severe Dry Eyes. Active Ingredients: Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose 0.3% (various types of lubricants)
Systane Ultra Lubricant Eye Drops
Refresh Tears Lubricant Eye Drops

My doctor recommended the Systane Balance drops, which I use in the morning, and which I like pretty well. They're not cheap, however.
Yes, this is what I use too. I had a prescription, but -- honestly -- this is just as good for a lesser price. No, they're not cheap, but they are cheaper than the prescriptions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter