Best dishes at Homecomin?

Pdollar88

DIS Veteran
I’m getting more nervous about trying Homecomin on my upcoming solo trip. What do you think are their best dishes?

I was eyeballing the chicken biscuits and fried chicken. I’m interested in dessert, but I can’t have alcohol so no moonshine cake.

I went twice on my trip last month, both times had the Art's famous Fried Chicken. 4 pieces of amazing Fried Chicken, (boneless if you ask for all Thighs).

I'm known for having a voracious appetite, but could only eat 2 of the pieces and the Mash potatoes, had to box the remaining two pieces and the biscuit, which was then amazing eating the next day!

The Hummingbird cake is a massive portion. Thoroughly recommended.

Shame you can't have alcohol, the various moonshine cocktails are really unique.

Homecomin is my new favorite 1 credit table service restaurant. Very jealous you are going!

I went twice on my trip last month, both times had the Art's famous Fried Chicken. 4 pieces of amazing Fried Chicken, (boneless if you ask for all Thighs).

I'm known for having a voracious appetite, but could only eat 2 of the pieces and the Mash potatoes, had to box the remaining two pieces and the biscuit, which was then amazing eating the next day!

The Hummingbird cake is a massive portion. Thoroughly recommended.

Homecomin is my new favorite 1 credit table service restaurant. Very jealous you are going!

Ok, I’m officially excited again. That’s a ton of chicken, though! Very awesome.

And I’ll be sure to try the hummingbird cake.

My husband & I ordered the fried chicken. I think that’s what they’re most known for. It was very good. Large portion, could of split it. I forgot what my daughter ordered but had Mac & cheese with it which was also good. We did order the hush puppies as an appetizer but thought it was too dry. E didn’t finish our meals & were too full to order dessert.

The thigh-high chicken biscuits appetizer is quite large, definitely enough for an entree. They were the shining star of our dinner. If I were to go again I might get just that and maybe a side for some variety.

We got those chicken biscuits, I got the fried chicken plate w/mac and cheese and cheddar biscuit, and my other half got the fried catfish w/hush puppies and collard greens. They will substitute side dishes for you on the main plates, e.g. for my chicken plate I switched out mashed potatoes for the mac and cheese, he switched out grits for collard greens. It was way too much and such rich, heavy food, but delicious! And it made for great leftovers the next day.

Only thing I would not recommend out of what we had were the collard greens, they were too sweet. The catfish was good, but not as good as all the chicken.

I like the fried chicken. Ask to sub the included mashed potatos for mac & cheese. Excellent. I had the pecan pie last visit & it was wonderful. Huge piece of pie so could easily be shared.

I had to look up Hummingbird Cake. Banana and pineapple with cream cheese frosting? And it's good? It sounds kind of sickening sweet, but I've never had it.

Last trip, my DH and I split the fried green tomatoes appetizer and the chicken and donuts entree. Everything was delicious! We will be back in December.

Don't forget the Hushpuppies with pimento cheese and red jalapeño jelly for an appetizer! Oh....so....good!!!

I've gone twice and enjoyed both times immensely. Both times I've shared the fried chicken with mashed and biscuit. We added mac-n-cheese and another biscuit. The chicken was crispy, juicy and not greasy at all. The hummingbird cake is delicious, especially with the cream cheese frosting. It's somewhat dense, but is not super sweet. We'll be trying the pecan pie as well next time.

I had to look up Hummingbird Cake. Banana and pineapple with cream cheese frosting? And it's good? It sounds kind of sickening sweet, but I've never had it.

My mother-in-law made one of these before and, honestly it reminded me of a mixture of a spice cake and carrot cake, but more subtle. It's good.

My son and I both had Fried Chicken and swapped in the Mac and Cheese as our side for a small up charge. We were all too full to eat dessert but there were definitely some good looking ones. Our chicken and mac was one of our better meals of our trip. You should check with the chef about dessert. My understanding is alcohol burns off when used in cooking.

Agree with other that the thigh high biscuits are a thing of beauty. Don't get me wrong the fried chicken is good too, but the chicken thighs drizzled with hot honey on their amazing biscuits is not to be missed. I'd order them and maybe a side and you'll be set.

We just love the fried chicken. My DH and I personally prefer white meat, so we asked for all breasts on the fried chicken platter, which was a small upcharge and totally worth it to us. I do not care for their mashed potatoes at all, so maybe we'll try the mac and cheese next time. We tried the Hummingbird Cake on our last visit since it was "free" on the dining plan and enjoyed it. I don't like banana but thought it was pretty tasty!

We love the fried chicken and doughnuts and the hummingbird cake! So yummy. And the leftovers get eaten for breakfast the next day :)

The mac and cheese is excellent! We enjoyed the deviled eggs, but they weren’t quite as “zippy” as I’d hoped. Very nice atmosphere and congenial service.

Just chiming in, It's great to hear such rave reviews of this place....We too will be visiting on our fall trip this year...

I originally was going to go with Fried chicken and now that's been definitely confirmed...We are also going to hot Olivia's as well, seeing how we will be staying at OKW.....That outta be fun comparing the 2 fried chicken dinners....Yum:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter