~~BEST Deluxe resort with a 2 year old~~

traci

Doesn't want any Tags
We will be using a stroller and I have heard that it is best to stay at a resort with the monorail. What is you top suggestion?

Hi Traci and Welcome to the DIS!

If price is no object, I love the Polynesian. You can monorail or boat to the Magic Kingdom and you can walk to the TTC to catch the monorail to Epcot. It also has a zero-entry pool which will be great for your son. (BTW, I love that picture of him in scrubs ... start 'em early I always say ;)).

My second choice would probably be the Yacht Club is only for the sand-bottomed kiddie pool.

I would say the contemp...very easy local... huge rooms! maybe go for a nice tower room MK side you can see all of magic kingdom and fireworks

I think the Polynesian would be great. Very kid friendly and lots of beach area for the little one to run around. You also have the Neverland Club for activities during the day for free. We would walk to the TTC to go to Epcot and take the boat to MK. They have a little splash fountain area and a zero entry pool also. We really enjoyed our stay with our 2 1/2 year old.

I'm an 8 year old girl who has been to disney since I was 1. I would definately think that the GF would be the best hotel for a 2 year old. The monorail is extra fun and you can also take the boat from the MK to the GF. This makes it easy to go back and forth to the MK which is my favoriate. :bounce: There is a cool character breakfest. The pool is zero entry and there are squirty fountains to play in! You can watch the fireworks at the MK from your room. :bounce:

I would go with the contemporary. Not the most disney of resorts, but when your child has a meltdown at Magic Kingdom, you don't even have to wait for the monorail, just hit the walking path back to the hotel. We found this a major plus. The kids usually were overstimulated, and the quiet walk back to the room genrally put them right to sleep.

Poly - for sure. Stayed there this past April with 3 year old DD and we loved it. Hadn't stayed there since I was a kid and that is where my family always stayed. We had so much fun watching fireworks from the hammocks each night, looking at the view of MK from our room, running between the 2 pools. The location can't be beat for the MK either.

i agree that if price is no object you should pick a monorail resort. it is so much more convenient than getting on a bus. i am assuming that you will spend most of your time at MK. of the monorail resorts, we have only stayed at GF and it is awesome. it is beautiful. the zero entry pool, as well as the kiddie pool would be great for your son. i don't think you would do any of the kids activities, as he is a bit young. but they have a great character breakfast and dinner.

if the monorail resorts are a bit pricey, i would suggest WL. it is less expensive, but just a boat ride away from MK.

i don't think you can go wrong! look at the pics, and decide which one looks the most appealing to you. have a great time!!

I would look to Poly, BC, or WL.

Poly for the zero entry pool, monorail, easy access to MK
BC for SAB and the sandy bottom pool, easy access to Epcot/MGM
WL for compactness, a small beach to play in, easy access to MK as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!