Best cs in dtd area

monica9

DIS Veteran
We will have one day of doing nothing all day during our trip and I didn't make ADR's either for that day. Our day off is Nov 30 so we want to go to downtown disney to see Christmas decorations/santa. We will probably be wanting to eat a late lunch/early dinner since that is the day we will go back and to the campfire sing along and outdoor movie.

I'm looking for an AWESOME "cant miss" counter service either in downtown or in surrounding resorts. Or is there a "cant miss" table service that we shouldn't miss for lunch/early dinner.

Thanks for the help

Wolfgang puck express marketplace has AMAZING food. I had spagetti and meatballs and bacon wrapped meatloaf with onion straws and mashed potatoes....and OOOMMGGG its one of the best meals of the trip! Excellent QS value on the DP. Still worth paying OOP thou. EoS is highly overrated IMO. its a good sandwich but nothing special at all. Id put it on par with quiznos or panera. It is cheap thou.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Another vote for Wolfgang Puck Express. Our daughter LOVES WPE. It is her most requested meal when we are at WDW. It is also the first Disney meal she wants each trip. We check in at the resort and immediately head to DTD for lunch at WPE.

Thanks for the replies. So its not worth going to a resort then Im assuming. We were thinking of checking out the boardwalk inn and walk around but heard the entertainment is only at night?

Fresh a -peel any good? I like that all the meat is hormone free (hot dogs are probably not nitrate free but hey, I'll take hormone free of nothing). Are the burgers and hot dogs any good?

WPE and Earl of Sandwich are both great but on our last trip we tried Cookes of Dublin and really enjoyed it.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Where is WPE, I've heard so many good things about it but have no idea where it is

Earl of Sandwich is our favorite DTD QS place. We always go to Goofy's after for a make your own treat.

Wolfgang Puck is very good. But we just love Earl, we always end up there. Last trip, we had Earl for 3 lunches in a row!

Boardwalk doesn't have much in the way of counter service. Beaches and Cream is a short walk over at Beach Club. Good burgers and fries and the best ice cream sundae (No Way Jose.) It's table service, but not expensive and has a cute atmosphere. It's a must do every trip for us as well.

Where is WPE, I've heard so many good things about it but have no idea where it is

WPE has two locations at DTD. There is one on the West Side which is part of the building which houses Wolfgang Puck Cafe and the Dining Room upstairs. Avoid this one as it can't hold a candle to the other.

The WPE that everyone raves about is in DTD Marketplace. The Marketplace is on the far east side of DTD and WPE is on the North East side right beside Disney's Days of Christmas.

We always park in Parking area 'B" and enter just beside World of Disney. Make your way to the right past Ghiradelli's, Once Apon a Toy and Earl of Sandwich (another excellent choice for lunch).

On a dining plan WGPE is great!! Good selection, with chicken, pizza, pasta, meatloaf etc. It is a bit pricey, but almost sit down, as you order and then sit down and the food it brought to you. Plates and actual silverware.

Out of pocket, Earl of Sandwich has an amazing variety of sandwiches and it is pretty darn inexpensive, especially considering the quality!!

I love a lot of the choices at DTD. Favorites at WGPE, EOS and Fresh A Peel. The past couple of trips, Fresh a Peel was one of my more favorites- it has some delicious, healthier options for the family, especially in a vacation that typically involves us gorging ourselves- it's a nice change of pace. Also, there is this other little section/store in Fresh A Peel called Babycakes- which is a vegan bakery. I am not vegan, but I could eat their cookie sandwiches every day of the week; they hit my sweet spot:thumbsup2 If we have any left over snack credits at the end of our trip, we end up using them at Babycakes and taking some home.

Have to agree with WPE, our favorite counter service in all of DW!!! Hot, fresh, lots of variety and delicious!!! :goodvibes

OP- one more thing...we stayed at Boardwalk a few trips ago. Yes, the entertainment is at night, but I think it's worth a visit if you happen to be that way one night.

It might be too much for your DD but we love to take the monorail to each resort just to see the decorations. You can get a picture with each tree or gingerbread house. Cs is good at all of them too. DTD WPE is our favorite. For a TS rfc or t-rex as long as loud noises dont bother her.

OP- one more thing...we stayed at Boardwalk a few trips ago. Yes, the entertainment is at night, but I think it's worth a visit if you happen to be that way one night.

This is our favorite area. But we are all adults. The decorations in the resorts should not be missed imo. But for food, with a child. Nothing that special. But try to get there. It is amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter