Best character breakfast

beachteachlv

Mouseketeer
Looking for opinions on the character breakfasts NOT in the park. Hoping to catch one on our last morning, doing a mother daughter trip with my 5.5 year old. Is Storyteller’s good? I saw another thread someone said they only saw 4 characters.. is that the norm for these?

Looking for opinions on the character breakfasts NOT in the park. Hoping to catch one on our last morning, doing a mother daughter trip with my 5.5 year old. Is Storyteller’s good? I saw another thread someone said they only saw 4 characters.. is that the norm for these?
I guess "not in the park" leaves you with Goofy's Kitchen at the DLH, Storyteller at the Grand Cali, and the Princess Breakfast at Napa Rose in the Grand Cali. The Princess Breakfast costs a pretty penny but all of the reviews I have seen are quite favorable, so maybe that for a 5.5 year old girl?

I guess "not in the park" leaves you with Goofy's Kitchen at the DLH, Storyteller at the Grand Cali, and the Princess Breakfast at Napa Rose in the Grand Cali. The Princess Breakfast costs a pretty penny but all of the reviews I have seen are quite favorable, so maybe that for a 5.5 year old girl?
She had a princess birthday party with hired characters so I’m less inclined to pay so much - I just looked at those prices 😳 woof.

I did Goofy's Kitchen breakfast and Storyteller's brunch in Feb 2022 (solo adult), and I much preferred Storyteller's. It felt calmer. I'm used to WDW where 4 characters is the norm, so I didn't feel "cheated" or anything - it just seemed normal.

We loved Goofy's Kitchen. Since we live in Illinois and were still on Central Time the day after we arrived we booked the earliest seating at Goofy's and the kids were able to enjoy so much more direct character interaction because it was before the crowded mid morning.

Storytellers is much better than Goofys, both food wise and character interaction wise. It takes a while for the characters to make it to your table, but when they get there, they spend a lo of time making sure you get all the photos you want.

The food at Goofys is embarrassingly mediocre, and it's so big that by the time you get your food and get back to your table, it's cold. And it's chaotic, with the characters moving VERY quickly from table to table while also periodically gathering to basically run a conga line through the restaurant. It's too much.

Storytellers is much better than Goofys, both food wise and character interaction wise. It takes a while for the characters to make it to your table, but when they get there, they spend a lo of time making sure you get all the photos you want.

The food at Goofys is embarrassingly mediocre, and it's so big that by the time you get your food and get back to your table, it's cold. And it's chaotic, with the characters moving VERY quickly from table to table while also periodically gathering to basically run a conga line through the restaurant. It's too much.
Thanks for the reply! I have Storyteller’s booked. About how long do you think is fair to expect to spend there? Our reservation is 9:25am and I keep looking for earlier, but if we can’t get earlier I’m sure that’s going to be a pretty busy time.

I'd plan on 1.5-2 hours. It can be less if all the characters come around earlier for you. It really varies. The first time we did it, we had visits from all 4 characters within 30 minutes. The second time, we got Chip and Dale almost immediately, but then waited another hour for Mickey and Minnie.

Just asked miss 7 which breakfast she liked best.

We did all of them when there in October.

Her answer was "Goofy's because there is lots of sugar treats there", and the characters dance around and if it is your birthday you get a cupcake", they even have breakfast ice cream.

I just asked her which one she thought had the best characters or the most interactions.
her answer "the Princess breakfast".

We just got back and did both Goofy's (dinner) and Storyteller's Brunch. We had good experiences at both, but I would probably pick Storyteller's. We saw 5 characters- Mickey, Minnie, Chip, Dale and Pluto. We did have to ask for Chip to come by, since somehow we got skipped with their breaks and I think other people pulling them away, but the handlers made sure he came right over and it was a really nice interaction. I'm sure the waiter couldn't wait for us to finish so they could turn the table... we were probably there for almost 2 hours. But mostly waiting for characters.

The food was good, though the good fruit disappeared really fast. Our kids didn't eat much, but I enjoyed the eggs benedict and the carved meats were also very good. You also can't go wrong with Mickey waffles. There was still enough variety in food choices that everyone had at least a few things to eat and we were definitely full by the end.

We did Storytellers a week ago and it was fine. The girls enjoyed the character interactions and they did make sure to spend some quality time with them. We only got to see Mickey, Pluto, Chip, and Dale. Didn’t see Minnie at all, even when they all gathered up to do the conga line around the restaurant.

The food was decent but don’t feel as though it was anything special. Just a cut above a standard breakfast buffet offering, IMHO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter