Best buy

lol same. Not the haircut but the main security there knows me. He along with two other employees have made comments about me purchasing GC again. Or ask if i went on my trip already or if i am going again. I have not been back since my trip in december, but we have another trip i october and i will be making my weekly trips soon.

I have to say I've been feeling the love for Best Buy lately, which surprises me because they had largely fallen off my list of regular stores before this holiday season. They are quickly becoming my go-to store for anything electronic, instead of Amazon, Walmart or Target. Their staff is great, and I like the order online-pickup in store option - they have the item ready in minutes with no drama (unlike Walmart!) and as long as I time my pickup correctly, I'm in and out in minutes. Their shipping is also good - it's faster than Amazon even with Prime for me these days - and I really like their Insignia brand items so far, their quality to price ratio seems to be high. I've bought 3 Insignia items since December!

Last edited:

lol same. Not the haircut but the main security there knows me. He along with two other employees have made comments about me purchasing GC again. Or ask if i went on my trip already or if i am going again. I have not been back since my trip in december, but we have another trip i october and i will be making my weekly trips soon.
To make it worse for me I don’t just buy Disney. I buy amazon, gas, whatever I intend to use that week so I’m
anyone know if you can use a BB GC to purchase a DIS GC?
no you no longer can. You can still use your rewards certificate though.

I have to say I've been feeling the love for Best Buy lately, which surprises me because they had largely fallen off my list of regular stores before this holiday season. They are quickly becoming my go-to store for anything electronic, instead of Amazon, Walmart or Target. Their staff is great, and I like the order online-pickup in store option - they have the item ready in minutes with no drama (unlike Walmart!) and as long as I time my pickup correctly, I'm in and out in minutes. Their shipping is also good - it's faster than Amazon even with Prime for me these days - and I really like their Insignia brand items so far, their quality to price ratio seems to be high. I've bought 3 Insignia items since December!

I stopped shopping there 15 years ago when they tried to sell me a $79 service plan on a DVD/CD player that I bought for $150. The salesperson seemed like I was crazy for not buying the service plan. I have avoided the store ever since. Have they eliminated service plan vultures? If so I may check it out again.

I stopped shopping there 15 years ago when they tried to sell me a $79 service plan on a DVD/CD player that I bought for $150. The salesperson seemed like I was crazy for not buying the service plan. I have avoided the store ever since. Have they eliminated service plan vultures? If so I may check it out again.

They still push them, but no differently than any electronics store. A simple "absolutely not" when they ask if I want to purchase it usually shuts them up.

And I'm pretty sure that's what's behind BB doing the discounts they do. Get you in the store with the hopes that once you try them, you'll like them and be back.

I'm feeling the same thing about Bed Bath and Beyond. I hadn't set foot in there since getting something for a friend's bridal shower like 10 years ago. I always thought of it as the place I bought extra long sheets for my dorm bed. But then I started churning some Happy cards there, and I realize it's got some good stuff. Did some non-gift-card Christmas shopping there this year. I don't think it will replace Target for me, but at least it's on my radar now.

I haven't shopped there with any kind of regularity for probably 10 years. My husband did drag me there last year because we were buying me a new laptop and he wanted me to literally put my hands on them. Ultimately we ended up buying directly from HP for about $200 less. I did end up at BB twice this holiday season though. Everyone had PS4 for $199 for Black Friday, but BB started their sale early. Um, I don't have to get up early and wait in line? Sign me up. I bought it online and picked it up in store. My son was saving for half and we paid the other half for his birthday and this saved him money. We surprised him for his birthday.

Then I was looking at microwaves for my husband because he hated our current one. I ended up getting a good deal on one, again ordered it on online and picked it up in store. They're back on my radar again. Both of those purchases I would not have made on Amazon. The microwave my husband hated came from Walmart and I had the 500gb $269 PS4 on layaway at Walmart in case I couldn't snag the 1tb PS4 on sale. Best Buy really did themselves a favor with their Black Friday strategy this year. They are always known here as the place where people start camping out days before Black Friday. I never go, because I'm not about that life. But I'll be a lifelong customer if they make those deals available to people like me, without the hassle of camping out or waiting in line.

The problem with out Best Buy is they have the worst designed parking structure. 8 levels of sheer madness. Everytime someone waits for a spot clogs up the whole thing and the traffic starts backing up to an adjacent intersection. Best Buy is on levels 1 and 2. A sporting goods store on levels 3 and 4. Target has the top levels. Only thing good about it is the parking is free and my son likes the cart escalators.

The problem with out Best Buy is they have the worst designed parking structure. 8 levels of sheer madness. Everytime someone waits for a spot clogs up the whole thing and the traffic starts backing up to an adjacent intersection. Best Buy is on levels 1 and 2. A sporting goods store on levels 3 and 4. Target has the top levels. Only thing good about it is the parking is free and my son likes the cart escalators.

o_O....where do you live?!?

Well that explains it. Holy moly. I was thinking some place far more exotic where you would have 8 floors of shopping packed into a building. Like Tokyo :upsidedow. Thank you Rua for doing that hard hitting investigating for me, I didn't realize I could do that!!

Well that explains it. Holy moly. I was thinking some place far more exotic where you would have 8 floors of shopping packed into a building. Like Tokyo :upsidedow. Thank you Rua for doing that hard hitting investigating for me, I didn't realize I could do that!!

Yes Seattle. When property sells for $50m an acre you don't waste it on surface parking lots. Yes those parking structures cost $100,000 per spot to build but it pencils out because the land values are so high. They have multilevel big box stores here.

Just do online purchase with in store pick up. Faster than waiting in line and they never bother me for service plans.

Why not just order from NewEgg or Amazon and have it delivered for free?

Lots of reasons. For one, even with 2 day shipping, it can be faster to run in and pick up from the store. It's like a 5-minute detour on my way home from work to go to BB vs waiting 2 days for Amazon.

There are people who have packages stolen frequently in their neighborhoods, and don't really want things delivered if they won't be there for the delivery. While I'm happy to say we've never experienced theft, for high-value electronics, I'd prefer they not just sit unattended on my front steps.

Sometimes the package will go back to the PO if we're not there to receive it, but that means it won't be available for pick up until the next day, and even then I can't always get out of work and to the PO before it closes. With some packages, I've had a delay of several days in receiving them just because I couldn't get to the PO by 5. Best Buy has much more generous pick up hours.

Also, not everyone has Prime. Shocking I know, because it's become such a part of normal life for me, but some people, like my mom don't have it, so shipping is not free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!