*Best Burgers* (in a box....?)

mafibisha

DIS Veteran
Ok, we always buy fresh ground round for cook outs.

However my MIL is having a HUGE barbeque (with lots of other goodies) and wants to have burgers available too.

She asked me to find out from all my friends - so of course I'm asking you guys! - the brand of the best, boxed (frozen?) burgers available in large quantities? We don't have a membership to sams or costco, tho.

Help please! TIA!

:hug:

Best ones I've had were the Laura's lean ground beef burgers. They are not inexpensive (I pay 9.49 for 8), and are 1/4 lb each. They have so little fat, though, that they really don't shrink! Oh.. and the box recommends you to cook them from frozen for 3-4 min each side, but DF and I have found that, at least for us, this is not enough time unless you want a raw burger.

I've also had the Bubba burgers, they're not bad but not anything great.

BTW no one should ever waste their money on the "mickey" burgers, despite how cute you think they are (read: I did, and well... they weren't good, they were really small, and they were quite awkwardly shaped to eat on a bun!).

I like Omaha Steak burgers, but you don't have time for this weekend to order them. My sister got some last year at GFS or Gordon's (kind of like Sam's without a membership) and they were good. Check them out if you have one.

I like Bubba burger too. Our Target had them on clearance last night. I think it was around $8.00 for 12 of them.

Our Aldis and I assume all of them have frozen jalapeno and cheddar burgers that are AWESOME. I am unsure of the brand but I think the box is black.

no other ideas, we also like bubba burgers. we don't like the onion ones though as a PP mentioned, they repeat ALL night.

Check with the butcher at your local grocery store. Our store makes their own patties and freezes them in bulk. They have different sizes too. Either 5 patties per pound or 4 patties per pound. Then they sell them in 5, 10 or 20 pound packages.

These aren't really in a box - so to speak, but a plastic bag. Kirkland brand at Costco frozen burgers are the best!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter