*Best Burgers* (in a box....?)

I don't like Bubba's. I find them fatty and well too greasy for me.

We like the angus Bubba burgers best, but this is the original cause it's what we have :)

1 1/3 lb burger patty:
(uncooked, which seems kinda useless...)

420 calories, 320 calories from fat.

35 g total fat
15 g saturated fat
1.5 g trans fat

110 mg cholesterol
85 mgsalt

25 g protein

We like the angus Bubba burgers best, but this is the original cause it's what we have :)

1 1/3 lb burger patty:

35 g total fat
15 g saturated fat
1.5 g trans fat

110 mg cholesterol
85 mgsalt

25 g protein

Now I know why I don't like to look at nutritional values prior to going to a cook out. Grood grief, they may as well call it, "Heart Attack" waiting to happen. lol

1 1/3 lb burger patty:

35 g total fat
15 g saturated fat
1.5 g trans fat

110 mg cholesterol
85 mgsalt

25 g protein

Thanks so much for posting the info! :) :hug:

To make those frozen hamburger patties taste better, sprinkle some Mrs. Dash onto each side as you grill them. The flavor will cook into the meat and add a little zest to an otherwise bland burger.

I don't know what brand to recommend. We used to eat only Topps frozen burgers, but they had e. coli and went out of business. Kirkland are the only ones I've found that I like so far. I also don't have a Costco membership but I do have friends who do, so I go with them to get stuff.

Ok, so I bought two boxes of Bubbas to try. DH is balking (he does the grilling for us and MIL) since it says to grill them frozen and he's only cooked fresh burgers. I have to admit that I too, was a bit surprised to read that.

So for those of you familar with them, please share some ideas!?

Surprisingly, I like the Wal-mart Great Value brand of frozen beef patties. They come in a resealable bag of 12 patties, in 75/25, 80/20, 85/15. They were about $7-$8 per package.

We also like the Philly Gourmet hamburger patties. The ones in the black box or the red box.

Ok, so I bought two boxes of Bubbas to try. DH is balking (he does the grilling for us and MIL) since it says to grill them frozen and he's only cooked fresh burgers. I have to admit that I too, was a bit surprised to read that.

Sooo .... anyone? Anyone that loves bubbas?

Bubba Burgers are delicious. Hubby just seasons them with salt and pepper or maybe garlic salt at times. They taste homemade to me. We also like Krogers brand (Ground Chuck Patties) that comes in a plastic bag We like Bubbas the best but the price has really gone up in the last few years.

Where do you get the Bubba's brand? Does anyone know if Sam's carrys them?

Place the frozen burger on the heated grill. Since you're used to grilling fresh, the cooking timing may be a little longer, depending on how big you make your own. I don't time my cooking, but turn them over when there is a lot of red liquid on top and the edges are browning. I consider them done when no more red bubbles out when I press down on the burger with a spatula.

If I'm correct it tells you right on the box I want to say 5-7 minutes/side. Don't press down and don't keep flipping over.

In future, I believe non-members can still shop at Costco...you just pay a higher price. You might want to call your local Costco and ask about this. They may give you a day pass and you pay a small percentage more for the items. :confused3

We use Bubba burgers for tailgating as they are very convenient to cook. I prefer the low fat Bubba burgers. We have to clean our portable grill after we are done cooking before stowing it for travel. There is still lots of grease with the low fat burgers, but not as much as with the regular burgers.
We cook them when they are still frozen according to the directions on the box. (There have pretty good directions).

If you can find a friend with a Costco card, I would highly recommend the Kirkland brand, they are larger patties, bigger packages, and for a great price. We got spoiled grilling them, then ran out (we live 90 minutes from Costco so we can't easily restock) and bought some from the local grocery - they were horrible! We learned our lesson and stocked up on our last Costco trip.....Hopefully we'll make it all summer without running out! :cool2:

We used Bubba's Angus burgers for our cookout yesterday. They are pretty good. They do make a mess of the grill though, or maybe it's just my DH.

We bought the NASCAR rally's burgers last year. They were surprisingly tasty and came with a bottle of seasoning mix in the package. We used the left over seasoning on the Bubba's yesterday, maybe that's why they tasted so good!

FYI, I find it's easier for DH to cook the frozen patties than the fresh ones. He has a tendency to press the heck out of fresh patties and they get dried out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter