best buffets?

Sandy55

Earning My Ears
My husband and I are planning a trip to disney alone (without the kids!!) and are beginning to make dining plans. We'd like to do one or two buffets (dinners) and am not sure which ones are best food-wise. We've been to Boma - I loved it but DH thought it was just okay, and the Crystal Palace - we both enjoyed the food but found it very crowded and noisy. I know buffets by nature tend to be a bit loud and busy which is okay but were wondering what other options there were. Is there someplace you ate where the food was really great? Just wondering what other experiences people have had. Without the kids, characters are not a factor. Thanks for your advice!

We love the breakfast at Cape May. The food is very good. It has the characters, but it was very quite. The atmoshpere was great and relaxed.

We really love Chef Mickeys, Boma, Crystal Palace and Cape May breakfast buffets, but only if you go super early before the place gets too loud and crazy. For dinner we love Cape May and Biergarten, they may be loud but the food is great, the other dinner buffets are a bit Blech to us with overly salty food.

The Trails End is very good manly food :stitch2:-shrimp,ribs, roasted chicken...... It is a little out of the way though (fort Wilderness)
Next month we are going to Spoodles. It will be a Buffet for its final month before closing. I have no idea what to expect but it is a short walk from our hotel.

Biergarten in Germany at Epcot is truly wonderful. It is not as hectic as other
buffets and offers an oompah band for entertainment. The meats, sauces and salads here are very fresh!:thumbsup2

Well, our favorite is Boma, but if DH isn't really into it, that would not be a good choice. We had a good experience with Cape May, whether or not you like seafood. There are lots of choices. Beirgarten was great and had a cute 'show'. I have heard good things about trails End, but we have never been there. Hope you have a great time.

1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian is very good.

If you have a car and are not doing DDP, or will run out of credits, I would suggest the best daily breakfast buffet in the area is in the Solaris Restaurant in the Marriott World Center. It is until 10:00 or so on weekdays and until about 1:00 on weekends.

The Trails End is very good manly food :stitch2:-shrimp,ribs, roasted chicken...... It is a little out of the way though (fort Wilderness)
Next month we are going to Spoodles. It will be a Buffet for its final month before closing. I have no idea what to expect but it is a short walk from our hotel.

I like the Trails End too for a buffet. I also like taking the boat down to the restaurant from MK. My favorite buffet is Cape May for Dinner.

In our last few trips we've eaten a number of buffets ... some we definitely enjoyed more than others.

Cape May Clam Bake Dinner - very good, we're going back!
Crystal Palace Dinner (2x) - very good, we'll go back next time the little kids are with us
Boma (2x dinner, 1x breakfast) - breakfast was wonderful, dinner was okay both times but we've decided it just wasn't our thing.
Hollywood & Vine Dinner (2x) - good basic food + Fantasmic Pkg ... couldn't ask for more.
Trails End Buffet Dinner (1x) - honestly, our least fave of the buffets didn't seem to have much variety ... though the food was good.

After all the good reviews here on the DIS we're trying Biergarten on our upcoming trip.

All of them... :thumbsup2

I love Boma. Trail's End is still a bargain but the food is somewhat basic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts