Best Beaches To Visit In Nassau Or Freeport?

BABYJOSIE98

DIS Veteran
Hi,
Was supposed to go on the 7 day cruise 2-1-03,but something happened and I had to cancel. I did get to book the 4 day for my DD and I to go along with my Aunt and Uncle. Anyway I had everything planned for the 7 and so I don't really know what I can do in the Bahammas? Did not really want to book any of the DCL excursions. Are there any good beaches that we could take a taxi too for the day and just relax?

I just booked this last week and cancelled the other. Don't have much time left? If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate them. I thought about the Blue Lagoon beach day,but have not read to many good things????:rolleyes:

Hello,

I have been considering the same questions, and have tried to do some research. The beaches on Paradise Island look just gorgeous. You can take a taxi to the Sheraton, which is walking distance from Atlantis, to a public beach. But, from what I can tell there are not facilities or amenities there. Folks mention using the restrooms at the Sheraton. Elsewhere, I have read posters from the Sheraton complaining about all the 'cruise passengers' using their beach, taking space, and leaving trash! Seems there is a slight possibility of the Sheraton making you feel less than welcome. Okay, that leaves the Atlantis..... their beaches are off-limits unless you have a room at the Atlantis/Comfort, or you have taken the Atlantis Beach Day thru DCL. These options seem a little pricey if you are only looking for a couple hours on a beach.

Either of these options will mean that you will have to deal with the hassle of the locals all over the beach who are trying to sell, rent, or whatever. Even at the Atlantis!!! Seems they can keep all non-guests off their beach, but cannot keep the locals from soliciting! Go figure. (read of many folks being treated rudely and indifferently by the employees at Atlantis too.)

Blue Lagoon is another option. I have heard that Blue Lagoon is beautiful and peaceful. Other than where the island band is playing, if you would like some entertainment... Lots of beaches, trails, hammocks, etc... I just wish they had some beach chairs!! As it looks like the hammocks and rustic picnic tables are set back off of the actual beachfront. This means taking a blanket and setting up on the sand if you want to sun and swim.
PS: Anyone know where to find a map of Blue Lagoon?

I hope that what I have learned and mentioned so far here is correct. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong!

So-o-o-o, decisions! decisions!

I did the Lucayan Beach excursion in Freeport and we loved it...the pool was fantastic and the beach was clean, quiet and nice, plenty of chairs, plus there were stacks of them all over if there weren't enough out. The food was ok, but expensive if you went on your own, when you are on the excursion it comes with food. As far as Nassau goes I wouldn't even bother getting off the ship...its dirty, the straw market has lots of boots, all with the same crap....stay on the boat and enjoy the time there while the others get off in Nassau!

I would definetly recommend going to Paradise Island, easy to get to, and close to the ship.

Hi- My husband and I have done Wonder twice- once on the three day and once on the four day. We went to Blue lagoon both times. The first time was a wonderful experience- beautiful deep warm water on the lagoon side and great snorkeling on the ocean side. They have now restricted the ocean side snorkeling.
The problem that we had in April was that the tide was low. There
was actually a superlow tide that only occurs a couple times per year. It is very shallow if the tide is low. This might be ok. They have some chairs at the beach area but Since we just did the hammock and picnic table, I do not know if they were something that was part of the concession stand. The beach is appropriate for small children. My guess is that over the age of about 8 it might hold a lot less appeal. I would probably do comfort suites and Atlantis next time. Food as everyone says on the boards is so-so. Hot dogs and burgers for kids- chicken, rice and peas for adults. Good luck with your decision Susan

:D Aprilgail,

I was looking into the Lucayan beach excursion for my DD and I.
It may be better than going out on my own. I will be along with my Aunt and Uncle,but am not sure that they would want to do this. Do you think it would be ok for the two of us alone for the day?????;)

I looked at the web site and it looks wonderful!!!

So you thought that it was worth the money????

I think I have decided to just do the Straw market in Nassau and then enjoy the ship for the day.:p :p

Michelle

I went with my 2 year old and my 73 year old mom and we all enjoyed it. They have a realy nice pool which my daughter loved (we brought along her swimmies for her arms) and they also had a hair braiding hut right on the beach there. I know they also told us if you cross the street there was places to go shopping there too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter