Beginning of June Crowds...

SJMajor67

Mouseketeer
Heading down to WDW for a trip from June 5-12 and curious as to how crowds will be.

Late August-Early September has been our normal time frame to go in the past few years and it hasn't been too bad. Not having Toy Story Land open yet should help crowds I would think.

We went this same week two years ago. It was crowded but VERY manageable! Take advantage of FP+ during the busier afternoon hours and you will be fine. We found that is was actually a decent time to go.

We went this same week two years ago. It was crowded but VERY manageable! Take advantage of FP+ during the busier afternoon hours and you will be fine. We found that is was actually a decent time to go.
Great! We're breaking midday anyway, 14 month old and 6 year old. Nap for 14 month, swim for dad and daughter. So early mornings and late nights it is! I'm ready to burn ourselves out quickly! LOL

We went June 4-11 2016 and I thought it was very manageable. The beginning of the week was definitely better - I was able to get 7-9 additional FP at MK. It picked up around Thursday but we were still able to do everything we wanted without waiting more than 20 minutes for anything. We are going the same time this year, June 1-10 and am hoping it is similar!

Great! We're breaking midday anyway, 14 month old and 6 year old. Nap for 14 month, swim for dad and daughter. So early mornings and late nights it is! I'm ready to burn ourselves out quickly! LOL

This is our plan as well, at least for my wife and I, since she will be 25 weeks pregnant. We are early people and love the parks at night so it should work out fine. We can sleep when we get back!

We were there from 5-27 to 6-3 last year and didn't realize that it was Memorial Day weekend or the opening of Pandora until after I had booked. We went and although Pandora was very crowded we were able to do everything that we wanted. As a previous poster said use FP+ and rope drop to your advantage. I was able to get FP+ for the Pandora rides for two different days and we went early one morning and was able to ride FoP standby with a 20 minute wait. I didn't notice that the other parks were especially crowded. We park hop if it gets too crazy and usually go back to the resort for a rest or swim. It will be before the opening of Toy Story so that may keep some of the people away. I don't worry about crowds anymore. We're at WDW and know that we will be back again so we kind of just go with the flow. Y'all all have a great time! Cheers!!!!!!!!

We will be there from June 3-12 so I am following this thread too. Will have a 3 year old and 1.5 year old so we are also going to be taking a nice mid day break every day. I feel pretty comfortable with my touring plan with the exception of my DHS day on June 4th. Touring Plans and KTP seem to have wide discrepancies on this day with TP ranking it as a 10 for the day. Unsure if that is due to people thinking TSL would be open by Memorial Day or not.

We would do the same exact thing! We took a break everyday when our two were that age. My daughter and I would hit the pool while my wife and son took their daily afternoon nap! Enjoy that time...it goes by so quickly. Our two kids are 15 and 12 now!

We will be there May 29-June 9, I think it'll be fine honesty, we have done WDW and Universal at those times over the years and while it is busy it's not middle of Summer or special holiday busy. I do think some people will have canceled or rescheduled their trips for TSL opening, so it could be much lighter than what crowd predictions are saying. Go in with a plan, prepare for the worst, and hope for the best. :)

Oh, that's our HS day too, Soup! I apologize now if you get stuck behind my monsters in line. hahaha

Oh, that's our HS day too, Soup! I apologize now if you get stuck behind my monsters in line. hahaha

Sure enough, I just checked my email and TP has downgraded HS for the day from 10 to 8 FWIW. I know most don't see this as a full day park but with my near 4 year old pretty obsessed with Star Wars, I expect us to have a pretty jam packed day.

Well, 8 is better than 10. Hehe. I don't have TP so I have no idea what the prediction is anywhere for our trip. We're just winging this thing. LOL

We go the second week of June & with proper planning & patience, it's never been a problem. You will get hot & there will be crowds, but as long as you know that going in, you'll be fine. We'll be there June 9-14 this year, so we'll be right there with you for part of your trip!

Going June 16 to July 1. Here's hoping:dancer:

TP recently just released a bunch of crowd changes for our trip, June 2-10, mainly going up. I'm not sure why. MK on 6/4 is a 10, over all resort is a 9. Seems way too high. On the other end, HS had a day that went from a 7 to a 2. What??? No idea...
We've gone in early June multiple times. Always forget just what a sea of humanity it is, but if you have a good plan, you should do fine, minus a misstep or two. The one plan issue with our last trip was Pirates at 10am. It was supposed to be like 15 minutes but ended up being 45 for some reason. Things like that might get you, just be prepared and go with the flow.

13 of us going June 9th through 16th. I can't wait but at the same time trying to make plans for 13 with ages ranging from 2-68 is tough

We will be at AKL from June 3rd to the 13th and I have been watching the up and down from TP on our days. We have done 3 of our 4 trips during this period and I have never seen the crowds that TP is predicting right now. I assumed a lot of people think Toy Story would be open and some hoping that they will have soft test opening. From my perspective TSL looks interesting but nothing to get to excited about. Now when Star Wars opens that's a different story.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter