Bed Time

Sounds just like me. At least we have identified the problem. Many dont
It’s amazing how this has crept up on me - I guess it’s my age because my habits have been the same for decades. I like to be up early so I can start slow, rather than having to rush and it’s the same for winding down at night. I love an hour or two to myself when the house is quiet. Lately though everything is going downhill - my energy levels, mental acuity and even my physical strength. I see a HUGE difference after nights where I have forced myself to get 7 or 8 hours sleep instead of 6. (There are no insomnia issues - I fall asleep instantly and sleep soundly.)

I usually head up around 10:30 but no matter how tired I am, it takes me at least 30 min to 90 minutes to actually fall asleep. I wake up, generally, right after 7 hours of sleep.

Sunday night: putting off starting the work week, I stay up too late (11:30 or so), wake up at 6:15
Monday night: stay up too late because DW doesn't get home work until 9:30, go to bed at 11:30 again, wake up at 6:15 again
Tuesday night: exhausted from staying up too late the previous 2 nights, I'm in bed at 9:30, wake up at 6:15
Wednesday night: feeling better from having got a good night's sleep the night before, I stay up too late (11:30), wake up at 6:15
Thursday night: excited about the coming weekend and only 1 more day in the workweek, I stay up too late (11:30), wake up at 6:15
Friday night: Exhausted from being sleep deprived and having to get up early Saturday morning for a weekly breakfast I help with at my church, I go to bed at 9:30 and wake up at 5:15.
Saturday night: Go to bed whenever, sleep until I wake up--usually about 9 hours.

So 2 nights/week I'm getting enough sleep, another night (Friday) I get close to 8 hours, the rest I'm getting way less than I should. I'll change at some point--but I don't know when.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts