Beach/Yacht Club Dining

maleficent_man

DIS Veteran
Following on from Verity's helpful suggestion, I'm thinking about skipping over early before my Illuminations Cruise - other than Beaches and Cream, is there anywhere else around here that people would recommend for some food?

Cheers

Nick

I think it's just a buffet Nick. Kaylee & Alan ate here very recently, hopefully one of them will see this?

I love Beaches and Cream myself :teeth:

Or what about the Boardwalk? Flying Fish, ESPN, Spoodles, Big River Grille & Brewing Works ?

Nick
We did Cape May Cafe in April. I'm not much of a seafood fan - actually I HATE it, so I wasn't sure exactly what I'd get to eat. But I wasn't disappointed!! This was one of the best meals I've ever had at WDW. There is so much to choose from - seafood, beef, chicken, fish and chips!, pasta, salad, soups. Great desserts too. The service was faultless.

HTH :flower:

Scottish_Maleficent said:
Nick
We did Cape May Cafe in April. I'm not much of a seafood fan - actually I HATE it, so I wasn't sure exactly what I'd get to eat. But I wasn't disappointed!! This was one of the best meals I've ever had at WDW. There is so much to choose from - seafood, beef, chicken, fish and chips!, pasta, salad, soups. Great desserts too. The service was faultless.

HTH :flower:

Cath

Was this at the buffet? I was put off by simply seafood and ribs but if that is the case I might just do it. Maybe a 6.30 PS - should be done by 8 I would have thought??

maleficent_man said:
How long does it take to walk to the Boardwalk from BC?

Thanks!

I would say maximum of ten minutes Nick, they are right across the lake from each other. Or you can catch the boat.

Nick
Yes this was the buffet. Can't remember eating ribs - but they may well have been there. The prime rib was delicious, and the New England fish-n-chips (yes, REAL chips, not french fries......) was very tasty.

We had a 7pm PS and were we out just after 8 - 2 adults, 2 kids.

Oh decisions!!! I think I might give Cape May a go. Would I be okay making a PS a couple of days beforehand?

You guys are ace!

miffy2003 said:
Now me I just seefood and eat it ;)

:rotfl:

My sentiments exactly Karen!!!

I loved Cape May, though this maybe a somewhat subjective opinion as I love all the Disney Buffets :cool1:

I particularly liked all the seafood which DW complained made her feel nautious as I sat and scoffed it next to her :teeth:

We have stayed at the beach club several times, and my DW is not keen on seafood. The aroma coming from Cape May makes her feel sick, so we keep well clear from it.

One of our favourite places to eat is the Yachtsmans Steakhouse, but its not cheap, but they do excellent steaks.

Paul

I suggested Beaches and Cream as it was quite quick. However, bear in mind that you often have to wait quite a while for a table. We ate early, around 5.45 I think, then had a stroll round the boardwalk. I didn't want to be rushing my meal and getting stressed about missing my cruise!!

Verity Chambers said:
I suggested Beaches and Cream as it was quite quick. However, bear in mind that you often have to wait quite a while for a table. We ate early, around 5.45 I think, then had a stroll round the boardwalk. I didn't want to be rushing my meal and getting stressed about missing my cruise!!

Thanks Verity - I am now swaying more to Beaches - I am not keen on the seafood smell that psharrock mentions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!