Beach Club or Yacht Club?

If you can get a better deal at YC, go for it. I've stayed there once, loved it. Both resort share the same restaurants and pools anyway. :)

I preferred YC over BC because it is quieter. First pick up and drop off for the MK bus. Ferry dock convenient. Rooms new and clean, no carpet.

I also am wondering about this. I currently have BC booked since I have 2 little kids. But now I am wondering if I should have gone with YC?

Personally, love the YC rooms and much prefer them to the BC rooms. We have been able to get great discounts on YC recently so we have been staying there, for us, the two are so similar that we would not spend the extra money to stay at BC even if they had rooms as nice as YC.
What do you prefer about them?

I would have loved to have to have stayed at the Yacht Club. I think their rooms are the best looking out of the three epcot resorts in that area. Plus their bathrooms have two doors. I would book there in a heartbeat if I thought they had better parking. We like to drive when we go, so I think their parking situation is a deal breaker.

What do you mean the bathrooms have 2 doors? You mean the door to the hallway from the sink area?

What do you mean the bathrooms have 2 doors? You mean the door to the hallway from the sink area?

Our YC room only had one bathroom door. It was the door to the toilet and shower area. The sink area was open to the hallway. The sink area was nice and roomy though. It easily fit two people getting ready.

I also am wondering about this. I currently have BC booked since I have 2 little kids. But now I am wondering if I should have gone with YC?

With two little ones, the YC being the first bus stop might be worth it. Plus, I kind of felt like SAB was closer to the YC, but maybe that was just my imagination. Additionally, with two little ones you might really appreciate having a balcony at the YC. After you put the little ones to bed it might be nice to sit out on the balcony and relax.

One tip for staying at YC, do not feel like you need to use the interior hallways to get to your room. We always walked along the boardwalk and entered the hotel through one of stairway doors. It was so nice to walk outside along the boardwalk, rather than inside in a hallway.

One tip for staying at YC, do not feel like you need to use the interior hallways to get to your room. We always walked along the boardwalk and entered the hotel through one of stairway doors. It was so nice to walk outside along the boardwalk, rather than inside in a hallway.

Can this not be done at the BC?

With kids we chose beach club one summer. We walked over to Yacht club and it definitely seemed more quiet. Now with a discount, I would always choose the one with the better discount. Beach club is closer to epcot, but not by much.

Dang, you guys are really making me think about switching from BC to YC with all this talk. We only have one little guy on this trip (DS1) so I am thinking that the sand pool will be his domain and we like the bathroom area having that second door. We picked BC because it was closer to Epcot and the boardwalk and seemed more "kid friendly" and maybe more "disney-esqe" (making up words now) but with a child this young, maybe that doesnt really matter???

What about the convention center? Does that cause any annoyances?

Last edited:
Personally, for me, I would not factor in which resort is closer to Epcot or which is closer to DHS. I also wouldn't base my decision as to which one is closer to the entrance of SAB. These resorts are right next to each other and the walk to any of these is literally about 100 yards or 1-minute difference. No big deal for me. What is the difference is what each resort offers. My preference is the YC. Why? I like that I know I will have a balcony. I like the theming a little better. And without Cape May being next to the lobby it is a much quieter resort in my opinion. BC is certainly a nice resort, I just like YC better. But with that said, you can't go wrong either way.

I recently pulled the trigger on our first deluxe stay for DH and I - Sept. 8th -17th with the Sun and Fun disocunt at YC Garden View CL. I didn't even relaize the rooms has been refurbished kind of recently so that was a nice surprise! As it's only us i'm actually looking forward to the stay even more based on all the positive feedback here. We have only been back to WDW in 2015 to Coronado Springs which we loved but definitely plan on more Epcot time for one and looks like Food and Wine should be happening around our dates too!

What do you prefer about them?

I like the non carpeted floors and the door that separates the sink area from the room. I just like the finishings of the YC rooms, they look great and feel high end, the room as a whole is just really well done after the refurb. The curtains are also gorgeous, I wish I could purchase them for my spare bedroom at home.

We are booked at the Beach Club June 9th - 16th. We have stayed at the BC twice and loved it! However, there is a discount code for YC and I am considering switching. It will save me $$, all rooms have full balconies and I have heard the rooms are newly refurbished. Does anyone know of any photos of the new rooms? Opinions? I am torn!

I almost don't really feel qualified to participate in this thread because we've only stayed at YC once but stayed at BC around 15 times.... Our main reason for the lopsided stays is because we simply fell in love with BC when my kids were very young (toddlers, maybe 2 years old). Our one stay at YC was very quiet and different than our stays at BC where we easily enjoyed Cape May for character breakfasts almost every morning, and though many people describe the lobby as hectic, it always helped us feel the Disney vibe. Fast-forward to today, my kids are age 15 and we still love the BC! However, we're going back to the YC this July, and we're very excited! So, in the end OP, if the price is better I'd give the YC a try. You won't/shouldn't "hate" it...you might miss the BC a bit like we did, but since the amenities are shared it's easy enough to enjoy all the same perks. With the latest YC room refurbs, we're actually expecting to really like YC quite a lot.

Love YC, being first bus stop is really nice. Closer walk to ferry also nice. Loved the new rooms with extra under bed storage, tons of charging ports, reading lights etc. Loved the no carpet , and balcony to sit and eat and view fireworks every night.

We have not stayed at either resort, but we were debating the same thing for this August. We're booking the Free Dining promotion, so the price difference was negligible, it was just a matter of availability and playing with the dates. We're still flexible by a few days either way on our trip, so we were able to find dates that worked for both. We always thought we'd prefer Beach Club, and at one point we were leaning towards doing the dates that worked with Beach Club.

However, we have decided to just do Yacht Club either way. The big reason, and it's been mentioned, is the balconies. We noticed it in pictures, then looked it up, and found that many Beach Club rooms have "standing balconies," whereas Yacht Club has full balconies on all their rooms.

The balcony is very important to us because we also have younger kids (our son will turn 7 during the trip and our daughter will be 5). When the kids are sleeping, the balcony is our place to go out and relax, have a drink, and talk, without worrying about disturbing them. We still intend to try to get them to nap this trip, so the same thing then. If we don't have a balcony, we're stuck sitting in the room with them. It's a big reason we started doing Deluxe two trips ago, and we call it our sanity place - just our brief break from the kids. Since you have young kids as well, this is something to certainly consider.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter