Beach Club or Boardwalk studio for one night?

bumbershoot

DIS Veteran
If you needed to be in a studio for one night, family of 3 (one of whom will be 7 years old), would you choose BC or BW?

I like them both, but to me the BWV seems larger. At least the one I stayed in at BWV didn't have the big coffee table in the room which needed to be moved to fold out the sofa.

Otherwise, I think they are very similar. If I had time to swim, I'd probably rather stay at BCV because that clown face at BWV gives me the creeps.

I have done both for just night. I think that the BW studio seemed bigger but it always takes me forever to find the room. I personally love BC. You really can't go wrong with either.

For one night, I would go by point value. Cheapest and available gets the nod! If the same point value and available, then I would pick BCV for myself, because I'm an adult who really enjoys the lazy river part of SAB. If I were with my 8 year old DGD, I would pick BWV, because it would be easier to keep track of her there.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Thanks for all the responses! Seems pretty even.

Right now we have Boardwalk reserved. I highly doubt (highly!) that there's anything left at Beach Club, but I had started to think about how lovely it would be to be able to check out Stormalong, instead of dealing with the clown or having to hop elsewhere...

Well you only have about 10 hours of vacation time where you will be awake and have access to the room. In general I recommend picking resort closest to wherever you plan to spend the most time. With regards to HS and Epcot they are both in the same area and both have the same transportation options so you'd need to decide on some other factor. I doubt room size is an issue because of how short your stay will be.

Bees, you bring a question to my mind. Staying at Beach Club, would we have access to Stormalong on the day of checkOUT? Or only until checkout time?

With the more normal pools, as far as I know, you can play in them on check-in and check-out days...but Stormalong's special status makes me wonder. On our December stay we were at Jambo, and I figured we could have swam (swum?) there on check-out day, but maybe I'm wrong.

On the day before and after the night in question (if that makes ANY sense, LOL) we don't really have anything planned, just wanted to laze and be in that general area. It's after the extended family portion of our stay, and it kicks off the just-the-3-of-us portion of our stay, so we can really do whatever we want.

Bees, you bring a question to my mind. Staying at Beach Club, would we have access to Stormalong on the day of checkOUT? Or only until checkout time?

With the more normal pools, as far as I know, you can play in them on check-in and check-out days...but Stormalong's special status makes me wonder. On our December stay we were at Jambo, and I figured we could have swam (swum?) there on check-out day, but maybe I'm wrong.

On the day before and after the night in question (if that makes ANY sense, LOL) we don't really have anything planned, just wanted to laze and be in that general area. It's after the extended family portion of our stay, and it kicks off the just-the-3-of-us portion of our stay, so we can really do whatever we want.

You have access to SAB on both days, check in and check out. You can stay on check out day as long as you care to stay. There are changing areas in the health club.

You have access to SAB on both days, check in and check out. You can stay on check out day as long as you care to stay. There are changing areas in the health club.

Thank you! That's fabulous. :)

Of course...there's almost no chance I could change to BC, but it's good to know all of this anyway! :goodvibes

I just stayed 3 nights at BWV in a studio and I think you could stay there with 2 adults and 2 kids no problem if you needed too for 1 or more nights .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!