Beach Club Marketplace- Counter Service, Groceries and Merchandise- inc. YC Gift Shop

natebenma

Beach Club Dee

marketplacesign-1.jpg

Review of the Beach Club Marketplace from the The Disney Food Blog
Lots of information about ingredients in the baked good and links to resources within Disney for families with food allergies or special dietary needs.

Please note: There is a more current version of the Marketplace thread with pictures from 2012 by pixarmom: here

The majority of the pictures in this thread were taken by pixarmom in February 2011, May 2011 and August 2011 during requested missions to photograph items available at the Beach Club Marketplace. Sinderelly and Natebenma also provided some of the pictures:

New photos have been added by pixarmom from her August 2011 trip: Page 3 (posts 43 and 44).
Additional Photos, Post 43
Additional Photos, Post 44

Includes pictures from Fittings & Fairings, the gift shop at Yacht Club by Cinderumbrella, September 2011: Page 2 (post 26 )
Fittings & Fairings

New photos of Yacht Club resort wear and merchandise at Fittings & Fairings by MickeyT from his January 2012 trip: Page 4 (post 55)
Yacht Club resort specific items

New photos of Beach Club resort wear and merchandise at BC Marketplace March 2012 trip: Page 5 (post 69)

Beach Club resort specific items

Here is a price list of popular grocery items as of December 2011 (thanks, MickeyT!):

1/2 gallon of milk $3.15
1/2 gallon of juice - none in stock
Small orange juice container $2.39
Dozen eggs $1.95
Assorted Fruit $1.38
Loaf of Bread $4.59 $4.29?
Half and Half creamer, $2.19

Peanut Butter $3.95 $3.45
Jelly $3.45
Lunch Meat $3 .45 - $4.95
Large Lays Chips $4.25
Ketchup $2.45
Mustard $2.49
Mayo $3.95
Spagettios $1.45
Ravioli $3.45
Campbells Soup $2.95
Tuna $2.95
Pop Tarts (8) $3.95
Full box cereal $4.95
10pk cereal $7.95

Here is the cost of beer and wine at the Marketplace, as of August 2011 (thanks, Pixarmom!): :drinking1

You will find better bargains on these items at either the Hess gas station across the street from the Boardwalk resort, or at one of the Super Targets or Walmarts in the area.

Small bottles of chardonnay, pinot grigio and white zin on the top are $6.95. They are either Sutter Home (pinot) or Beringer (white zin.)

Next shelf, the full bottle of pinot grigio is $14.95
Savignon Blanc is $18.95
Chardonnay is $19.95
White Zin is $19.95
"Celebration Cuvee" is $34.95

Bottles of Corona are $5.25
Heineken is $6.00
Bacardi Sangria is $5.25
Bacardi Lemonade is $5.25
Smirnoff Ice and Red Stripe are $6.00

Not sure about the red wine situation - it's not in any of my photos and I don't remember seeing it during our last visit in August. But I do recall that Screen Door General Store at the Boardwalk sells red wine and a full bottle is around $20.

August 2011.

1/2 gallon of milk $3.15
1/2 gallon of juice - none in stock
Small orange juice container $2.39
Dozen eggs $1.95
Assorted Fruit $1.38
Loaf of Bread $4.59

Peanut Butter $3.95
Ketchup $2.45
Mustard $2.49
Mayo $3.95
Spagettios $1.45
Ravioli $3.45
Campbells Soup $2.95
Tuna $2.95
Pop Tarts (8) $3.95
Full box cereal $4.95
10pk cereal $7.95

Thanks, MickeyT (Mike) for taking on the price check missions during your trips!

Seating Areas:

While there are no longer any tables or chairs for seating inside the Marketplace, there is outside seating and seating in the solarium (see below)

MarketplaceOutsideSeating.jpg

There is additional seating available in the charming Solarium, around the corner from the Marketplace:

solarium2.jpg

If you have any of the following pictures to help fill in the gaps, and you don't mind me adding them to this post, please post them on this thread.

Meals: French toast sticks with ham, salads, closeup of sandwich, clam chowder and of the kids meals

Thanks!!!

Dee (Natebenma)

Marketplace Counter Service:

Menus:

Please note: the menu at the Marketplace has changed. Please see the updated Marketplace thread.

MarketplaceBFmenu.jpg

MarketplaceEntrees.jpg

MarketplaceKidsPix.jpg

Breakfast Selections:

MarketplacePastries.jpg

Marketplaceparfaits.jpg

IMG_2730.jpg

marketplacebreakfast.jpg

Entrees:

The flatbreads:

2d68aa3b.jpg

Marketplacepizza-2.jpg

The deli case displaying the sandwiches:

IMG_2231.jpg

1419349a.jpg

Marketplacedisplay.jpg
sandwich fixins

Marketplacesalad.jpg
design your own salad

Kids Meals:

Need kids meal photos

Marketplace Beverage Station:

BeverageStation.jpg

RefillMugStationMarketplace.jpg

OtherBeveragesMarketplace.jpg

The tea selection:

cc7e622f.jpg

Refillable Mugs (so cute!):

0320d007-1.jpg

e7ee87fe.jpg

fc2b83e8.jpg

Cooking Station:

Marketplacemicrowaveandtoaster.jpg

Photos provided by pixarmom, natebenma, hunclemarco and sinderelly

Grab and Go

Please note, there is prepackaged sushi available as a counter service meal, with drink and dessert. Thanks for the photo and info 1 Minnie & 3 Mickeys

Marketplacegrabandgo.jpg

Here are some pictures taken by pixarmom in February 2011 and May 2011 during requested missions to photograph items available at the Beach Club Marketplace:

Grocery Items:

DSCN2813.jpg

DSCN2812.jpg

DSCN2811.jpg

DSCN2808.jpg

DSCN2809.jpg

DSCN2810.jpg

MarketplaceBreads.jpg

Gelato

IMG_2762.jpg

Medicines and Sundries:

MarketplaceMedicine.jpg

MarketplaceSundries.jpg

Treats, Sweets and Gifts:

DSCN2807.jpg

DSCN2806.jpg

DSCN2805.jpg

DSCN2804.jpg

DSCN2803.jpg

DSCN2802.jpg

DSCN2801.jpg

DSCN2800.jpg

Merchandise:

DSCN2817.jpg

DSCN2818.jpg

DSCN2819.jpg

DSCN2816.jpg

DSCN2815.jpg

DSCN2814.jpg

The following pictures were taken by pixarmom in February 2011 and May 2011 during requested missions to photograph items available at the Beach Club Marketplace. Sinderelly and Natebenma also provided some of the pictures:

If you have any of the following pictures to help fill in the gaps, and you don't mind me adding them to this post, please post them on this thread.

Refill Mug
Station where refill mugs are sold
Marketplace seating area (inside)
Meals: French toast sticks with ham, salads, closeup of sandwich, clam chowder and of the kids meals

Thanks!!!

Dee (Natebenma)

Thanks for the pics Dee, very helpful. Didn't see the brewed tea dispensor. Do they have those? Love the brewed ice tea, esp in summer.

Thanks Dee!

I'm still mad that they stopped selling resort specific items. Everything is now just WDW themed. Makes me wish I bought as much Beach Club merchandise as I could of back when they used to offer it.

I under stand the reason behind it (finances) but it was always great to bring something home with "Beach Club Resort" on it. And the pins, in my opinion just don't cut it.

J

Going by the pictures, it looks like a lot of things are not included on the dining plan. Kind of suprising.

Thanks Dee!

I'm still mad that they stopped selling resort specific items. Everything is now just WDW themed. Makes me wish I bought as much Beach Club merchandise as I could of back when they used to offer it.

I under stand the reason behind it (finances) but it was always great to bring something home with "Beach Club Resort" on it. And the pins, in my opinion just don't cut it.

J

Word from Mouse is that Beach Club will have some Resort Specific items, hopefully starting in the fall. I think it was our insider who told us, but it was a discussion topic a few months ago on the BC/YC Thread.

I had to strip these photos from the first post because I exceeded the allowable quota

Beautiful paintings of the resort done by artist Alexandria Skordas are also available for purchase at the Marketplace. You can buy them framed or unframed.

Here are a couple of photos of examples of the pictures that purchased by jakeybakey:

BeachClubLighthousepicture.jpg

BeachClubpicture.jpg

Thanks for the pics Dee, very helpful. Didn't see the brewed tea dispensor. Do they have those? Love the brewed ice tea, esp in summer.

I don't know. Pixarmom took the photos, and I haven't used the refillable mugs at the BC, so I am not sure what is available.

Anyone?

If we don't get a response here, ask over on the FAQ thread. Someone there will know!

Word from Mouse is that Beach Club will have some Resort Specific items, hopefully starting in the fall. I think it was our insider who told us, but it was a discussion topic a few months ago on the BC/YC Thread.

Right! We don't know the date but enough people commented that they want the resort merchandise back and the folks at the top listened! I will definitely put up photos of the items when they arrive.

Sign me up for a sweatshirt!!!

Right! We don't know the date but enough people commented that they want the resort merchandise back and the folks at the top listened! I will definitely put up photos of the items when they arrive.

Sign me up for a sweatshirt!!![/QUOTE]

Hopefully that merchandise hits before August 23rd!

J

Thanks for posting the pics! We told our youngest son we'd take him back to the BC next summer (he'll LOVE Stormalong Bay). He was 3 the last time he visited and doesn't remember any of that trip. Haha. I wish there was more options for breakfast. I realize we can eat at Cape May, Captain's Grille, Boardwalk. He's a bacon and eggs fan! We'll make do I'm sure. Just wish there were a few more options but of course that's just Me! Hahaha.

Do you mean the Gold Peak dispenser? It's up there between the coffee and hot chocolate stations, I believe. :goodvibes I couldn't find it at first either!

Thanks for posting the pics! We told our youngest son we'd take him back to the BC next summer (he'll LOVE Stormalong Bay). He was 3 the last time he visited and doesn't remember any of that trip. Haha. I wish there was more options for breakfast. I realize we can eat at Cape May, Captain's Grille, Boardwalk. He's a bacon and eggs fan! We'll make do I'm sure. Just wish there were a few more options but of course that's just Me! Hahaha.

I was at the Beach Club when they were doing a trial run of counter service breakfast at Beaches & Cream (July 2009). It was great! They had several selections and it was the perfect answer to what is probably the biggest drawback to the resort. I don't know why the management decided to discontinue the breakfast maybe it wasn't busy enough and I also heard that some people complained. :confused:

I sent a letter saying that I was disappointed they stopped offering the breakfast.

Thanks for the pics, Dee! The flatbreads are a nice edition. They didn't have them when we were there last June. My kids are going to love them. They weren't big fans of the sandwiches.

I don't know. Pixarmom took the photos, and I haven't used the refillable mugs at the BC, so I am not sure what is available.

Anyone?

The tea dispenser is in between the two nescafe machines - you can't see it in my first photo of the entire area because the nescafe machines hide them. But you can see it my the close-up of the coffee/tea area. It looked like there are four different kinds of tea in that dispenser - and it's included with the refill mugs!!

a0e55510.jpg

P.S. I can't zoom in on the tea machine because there was a glare on my photo, but if anyone needs detailed info regarding any of the products in my photos, please let me know! I can usually zoom in very close on iphoto and get more detail! :)

Our pre-schooler LOVES bacon and eggs and the ham/cheese croissant on the menu (and pictured above) is a huge hit with him. Also, Picabu (quick service, but non-DDP) at the Dolphin has a nice variety, too!

861a8c50.jpg

It's about a 10 minute walk from YC/BC to the Dolphin, depending on your starting location at YC/BC (or you could boat!)

Just want to say a big THANK YOU to pixarmom for taking the time to provide us with all of these great and informative photos!

LOVE THIS PICS ... and the addition to French toast sticks and flat bread pizzas.. can anyone tell me if these were on the dining plan.. i didnt see that little symbol next to the items.. ??:confused3:confused3 WOuldlnt make sense for them not to be a quick service item..

LOVE THIS PICS ... and the addition to French toast sticks and flat bread pizzas.. can anyone tell me if these were on the dining plan.. i didnt see that little symbol next to the items.. ??:confused3:confused3 WOuldlnt make sense for them not to be a quick service item..

I could be wrong since I have never used the dining plan, but I thought the only way the items have that icon next to them is if they count as a snack credit. Since DDP doesn't really exclude anything, I believe anything on the menu counts as a meal.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for all these pics. We are staying at the BC for the first time in October and I'm so excited. I'm actually surprised to see how many food options are available at the Marketplace. I had heard and read that the choices were so limited but honestly, there are more options here than the Mara foodcourt over at AKL. We stayed at AKL back in November and found the QS options to be very limited and IMO, the food barely edible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!