Be Our Guest..Signature ?

Pepper pots

Mouseketeer
Hi folks, there's a rumour, and only a rumour, that the dinner experience at BOG could soon be a two credit restaurant and this is coming from the UK Disney chat forum site...Personally myself I can't see this happening...Any thoughts people.?..

I can't see it. BoG seems to go for volume over per-guest revenue, and signature status would get in the way of that because people would expect a slower-paced experience. Plus it would take a whole new menu to justify it. Switching Le Cellier to signature made a sort of sense, since it was already at the high end of the one-credit price range with a lot of costly ingredients, and because Americans are generally willing to pay relatively high prices for steak. Nothing currently on BoG's menu is even close to comparable.

And they probably couldn't get away with cupcakes for dessert in a signature restaurant, and that seems to be the best-reviewed part of the BoG menu!

Practically impossible. BOG already runs at about 2/3 capacity for dinner because of the kitchen. Make it a signature and it would be even lower. They’d have to close off half the restaurant. I can’t imagine a scenario where it would make sense. Sounds like someone started a rumor to get some attention.

"Welcome to this large cafeteria with lots of empty tables because our kitchen has capacity limiters for dinner seating. Look at the elegant tablecloth we put on the self-serve beverage station! 2 credits, please!"

I mean, people grouse about CRT as two credits, and there you're not dealing with covered drink machines and there is a character interaction guaranteed.

"Welcome to this large cafeteria with lots of empty tables because our kitchen has capacity limiters for dinner seating. Look at the elegant tablecloth we put on the self-serve beverage station! 2 credits, please!"

I mean, people grouse about CRT as two credits, and there you're not dealing with covered drink machines and there is a character interaction guaranteed.
Exactly that.

there is definitely something going on. My ADR opened up a few days ago - we are going for 3 weeks. I have been trying to book 180+10 and have been on the button at release time and it says no tables available. So after 4 days of doing this yesterday I rang Disney Dining to try and book. I was told it is fully booked out to 27th July. I've been trying to booked 30th July onwards. The lady on the phone told me they have not released any inventory after 27th July but have not been told why. She said usually this happens for either a refurb or a change in how the restaurant operates. Same again today on the bell at 11am UK time attempting to book for August 2nd for 2 people - no tables available. I guess we will soon find out! Wouldn't surprise me if they did go to 2 and make it like CRT but cannot see how that would work effectively with current kitchen and current menu.

They are actually refurbishing the kitchen right now. It's not a "closure" situation, and apparently it is absolutely brutal on the CMs there.

I would suspect they'd make it all table service rather than move to a signature. I don't think the kitchen refurb would affect reservations out to July. From reports, it started a couple of weeks ago and is expected to take 3 to 4 months.

Practically impossible. BOG already runs at about 2/3 capacity for dinner because of the kitchen. Make it a signature and it would be even lower. They’d have to close off half the restaurant. I can’t imagine a scenario where it would make sense. Sounds like someone started a rumor to get some attention.

The last two times we've eaten at BOG for dinner, they weren't seating people in the library, just the west wing and the ballroom.

As a die-hard BATB fan, I was so looking forward to being wowed by BOG, which it saddens me to say how disappointed I was. The first time we ate there (shortly after it opened), the food was great, but ever since then, it's been pretty abysmal. I would actually be more likely to believe them turning BOG to strictly QS for all three meals rather than turning it into a 2-credit signature dining, but maybe I'm just cynical, lol.

Supply and demand for the number of tables is the reason that both CRT and LeCellier are 2 credits, but I don’t see how that applies to BOG because the place is so big.

I had a devil of a time getting a BOG ADR for my great niece’s 2nd birthday last fall, and now her family wants to go there again this spring. I don’t want to go through that again, but if I start seeing more rumors that it will go to signature pricing, I will have to. Ugh!

I would suspect they'd make it all table service rather than move to a signature. I don't think the kitchen refurb would affect reservations out to July. From reports, it started a couple of weeks ago and is expected to take 3 to 4 months.

The 3-4 months is just for the dish washing area and paper plate use. There's going to be more remodeling after that is finished. I'm not sure exactly how it will impact normal operations though.

The 3-4 months is just for the dish washing area and paper plate use. There's going to be more remodeling after that is finished. I'm not sure exactly how it will impact normal operations though.
do you think this might be why they are not releasing any dinner reservations at all from July 28th? they have breakfast and lunch but was told no dinner availability has been released.....

do you think this might be why they are not releasing any dinner reservations at all from July 28th? they have breakfast and lunch but was told no dinner availability has been released.....

I wouldn't think so. From what we've been told the second part of construction is going to impact the bakery. I don't think it would had anything to do with normal breakfast, lunch and dinner operations but that'll probably depend on how they're going to section off things

I've been predicting this for a while. If they changed the food it easily could be an upscale restaurant atmosphere. I think they should change it to a 2 credit and improve the food.

We ate there for dinner very early on and it really was a signature restaurant experience. Super good and they had only two of the three dining rooms open, so it wasn't all loud and hectic. We've been there twice since then for dinner and enjoyed it, but it was definitely not as good. So I really agree with BriLovesDisney here. I wish they'd step it up. MK could use the signature restaurant for special occasions.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the third room (rose room) never opened for dinner. Just lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter