Be Our Guest..Signature ?

We ate there for dinner very early on and it really was a signature restaurant experience. Super good and they had only two of the three dining rooms open, so it wasn't all loud and hectic. We've been there twice since then for dinner and enjoyed it, but it was definitely not as good. So I really agree with BriLovesDisney here. I wish they'd step it up. MK could use the signature restaurant for special occasions.

We ate there on opening night (actually the first people to be seated). I agree, it was a very different experience than what it is now. It did feel like fine dining and it wasn't hectic or rushed. After our mediocre experience in December we won't be returning for a while. I also agree that MK is seriously lacking a nice evening meal location. I'm still hoping they tear out Tony's and put in a fine dining location there. :rolleyes1

lack of reservations at 18+10 is not an indication of anything at all. Sometimes for whatever reason Disney just doesn't load the inventory right away. Happened in June 2016 for my December 2016 trip for 'Ohana, nothing available for a few days and then suddenly it was all there. I wouldn't read into it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the third room (rose room) never opened for dinner. Just lunch.

It was open for dinner when we were there in December.

Ditto in September. All three rooms were open.

Sadly, if it does go signature, I wouldn’t expect any upgrades with the food or atmosphere. I expect them to do the same as they did at LeCellier when Disney made it a signature—the only things they upgraded were the prices.

Sadly, if it does go signature, I wouldn’t expect any upgrades with the food or atmosphere. I expect them to do the same as they did at LeCellier when Disney made it a signature—the only things they upgraded were the prices.
they would have to at least make the strip steak a filet. isn't that the difference???

they would have to at least make the strip steak a filet. isn't that the difference???

When it was announced that LeCellier was going to become a DDP 2 credit dinner, there was speculation that some tables would removed to make it less crowded and that the beef would be prime grade. Also, that waitstaff would become professional servers as opposed to college interns.

None of those things happened. The only visible change at LeCellier was a sharp hike in pricing.

My husband and I had dinner at BOG a few months after it opened. We enjoyed four courses (shared an app, he had soup I had salad, entrées, desert)

service was stellar, wine pairing suggestions for each course were spot on, the pace of our meal was perfect. Food was amazing. It was very much like s signature experience. Second visit was close but not exceptional. Loved the private label wines (shadow of the beast) but I'm not sure they are still offered.

I for one love the atmosphere. It is lively and fun. And we can sit back and people watch from time to time :)

We never used the dining plan so credits are meaningless. Going to two would made getting an ADR easier as the value goes down. I would pay a little more to actuality be able to eat there again. And with TiW it takes the sting out.

When it was announced that LeCellier was going to become a DDP 2 credit dinner, there was speculation that some tables would removed to make it less crowded and that the beef would be prime grade. Also, that waitstaff would become professional servers as opposed to college interns.

None of those things happened. The only visible change at LeCellier was a sharp hike in pricing.

Yup - LC became a "fake SIG" for crowd control purposes. As WDW has done this before? I could believe that the same trick might be attempted at BOG.

This only fools novices .... and simply degrades the term "Signature" for all of the remaining REAL SIGS.

I think that we can definitely expect an increase in pricing. Quality is another matter.

IMO its some of the worst food at Magic Kingdom. They should just make it QS and be done. It's way to crowded to be a Signature restaurant.

I've been predicting this for a while. If they changed the food it easily could be an upscale restaurant atmosphere. I think they should change it to a 2 credit and improve the food.
I said the same thing last year when people were saying how hard it was to get a reservation. I replied that it will get easier when it becomes 2 credits and a signature dining experience. While I realize that this is a rumor and not confirmed in any way, I still think that BOG will indeed become a Signature spot sooner rather than later in order to maximize profits.

So, IMHO if they want to make it a signature dining experience, they should consider doing the following things:

1. Fewer tables, especially in the ballroom, which makes room for my next line item.
2. Live music, somewhat like they have in the atrium of the GF lobby. Even a simple pianist would set the mood to be more upscale. The could even have a dancefloor and hire dancers disguised as guests to come out every once in a while. (I know, this is a pipe dream, but why have a ballroom with no balls? LOL)
3. Improve the food. Like has been mentioned before, switch the strip to a filet, have seasonal dishes, and provide better options for vegetarians/vegans.
4. Wait staff improvement. As has been mentioned before, have knowledgeable, seasoned wait staff that can inform guests of seasonal dishes, accompaniments, wine pairings, etc. We have actually gotten this type of service at Sanaa, and that's a 1-credit dining experience.

These are just some ideas I've had. Without some types of improvements to the guest experience, I really don't see how this restaurant can continue as even a 1-credit TS, let alone a signature.

We were therre for Thanksgiving Dinner, loved it! Though the hostess in front of the building had a snarky attitude with us, sorry my whole party wasn't there exactly at the time.. 4 people party.. the food was very yummy! I enjoyed the mussels while husband enjoyed the lobster for appetizers! The appetizers themselves were a meal in itself! But we went on to the third course, was a little off guard about a steak with fries but it was still delicious none the most. Hope to eat there again the Wednesday befor Thanksgiving, but if its true and I see it true on reservations I guess I'll hope to luck out 2 years in a row of last minute reservations while cruising on a 7 night DCL!

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

We were therre for Thanksgiving Dinner, loved it! Though the hostess in front of the building had a snarky attitude with us, sorry my whole party wasn't there exactly at the time.. 4 people party.. the food was very yummy! I enjoyed the mussels while husband enjoyed the lobster for appetizers! The appetizers themselves were a meal in itself! But we went on to the third course, was a little off guard about a steak with fries but it was still delicious none the most. Hope to eat there again the Wednesday befor Thanksgiving, but if its true and I see it true on reservations I guess I'll hope to luck out 2 years in a row of last minute reservations while cruising on a 7 night DCL!
[/GALLERY]

It's a very common dish in France, steak frites.

Now they did something else at LeCellier when it went Signature the quality of the steaks went down.

Any feedback on the new Signature status of this restaurant? I have reservations for Nov 21st, but I'm lacking current reviews.

Any feedback on the new Signature status of this restaurant? I have reservations for Nov 21st, but I'm lacking current reviews.

We had dinner there two weeks ago, and we felt it was well worth the price of $55.00. If you are on the dining plan, you may consider paying out of pocket, as there are better value options for two table service credits. But as far as the overall quality of the restaurant, we thought it was excellent and a worthwhile dining experience.

I like the new menu, lots of good choices. I would hate to pay 2 dining credits for it. Paying OOP for it makes sense, using the DDP, not so sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!