Be Our Guest breakfast- why more expensive than lunch?

NOLAteacher

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know why the Be Our Guest breakfast menu is so much more expensive than the lunch menu? The breakfast is $28, but lunch seems to be around $15. Is there any logical reason for this? Thanks!

At breakfast you get a pastry tray to share which they will refill for you if you ask, so that can make it worth the extra cost. Plus as DisBuckMan said, people use it as a way to get into Fantasyland early to get in line for 7DMT and other rides before anyone else can.

Does anyone know why the Be Our Guest breakfast menu is so much more expensive than the lunch menu? The breakfast is $28, but lunch seems to be around $15. Is there any logical reason for this? Thanks!

Because it's a cash cow for Disney.

When they created this meal, they knew people would be using it for PPO access to what was then an emptier park and possible early access to the very popular 7DMT. My guesstimate is that at least 60-70% of people who make an ADR for breakfast have no idea they don't have to order a full meal and can just order a cupcake or a cup of coffee and be on their way.

It’s the only PPO breakfast that gets you past the castle before the park opens to the public. People will pay $28 for a doughnut or $15 for a cereal kids meal in order to get on 7DMT slightly ahead of the rest of the RD crowd.

Short answer: because people will pay it.

Even with the pastry tray, it's definitely not worth $28 pp. The breakfast is very average quality at best. We did it to see the Beast's castle and ride SDMT before RD crowd arrived. It was a one and done for us.

But why would I want to get up at the crack of dawn, stuff myself with an absurdly expensive breakfast, and then run right over to a roller coaster? Sounds like a plan for disaster to me.

I ate at Be Our Guest a few years ago for dinner and loved the experience. I wouldn't want to rush in and out of there first thing in the morning.

Once upon a time, the intent was that everyone ordered a meal.

But it was never enforced and has not been yet, so unless and until they do, you can get an ADR for your whole party and order a cup of coffee so you can dash to the mine train (I don’t get the hysteria over that boring thing, but I am weird).

If Disney truly wanted to cash in on the hysteria, they WOULD enforce the original prix fixe thing and everyone would have to order a meal.

Thanks everyone! I thought that maybe there was something extra with breakfast to justify the $28 flat price, but if it's only to get in the park early, there's no point in keeping a 9:55am reservation. :scared:

I tell everyone I know who is going to Disney to make the PPO reservation and only order coffee (or nothing - I have read reports here of people checking in, walking in, and walking out).

I have a 10am breakfast booked for September on a party of four, but we're in it on the free dining plan, and it's a good use of a quickservice credit. I probably wouldn't do it out of pocket, but on the free DDP, it's a fun place to eat.

Once upon a time, the intent was that everyone ordered a meal.

But it was never enforced and has not been yet, so unless and until they do, you can get an ADR for your whole party and order a cup of coffee so you can dash to the mine train (I don’t get the hysteria over that boring thing, but I am weird).

If Disney truly wanted to cash in on the hysteria, they WOULD enforce the original prix fixe thing and everyone would have to order a meal.

If you only have to order a cupcake, why is everyone else saying they paid $28? They have the option of not buying Prix Fixe?

If you only have to order a cupcake, why is everyone else saying they paid $28? They have the option of not buying Prix Fixe?

Unless it has changed, they do not require everyone to purchase a breakfast (and I am sure we would have heard if it had changed). And so yes, people are booking for their whole party PPO and then buying a coffee or cupcake only. Some people do get breakfast and yes, that is expensive.

If they took it to what it was supposed to be, then everyone would have to pay for the breakfast - and not just a cupcake or coffee.

At breakfast you get a pastry tray to share which they will refill for you if you ask, so that can make it worth the extra cost.

Is this true? My friend just asked about this she has 2 growing boys and they got a later breakfast before leaving to head to ft Myers and she said the extra pastries might make so she doesn't have to grab something on the road/

Each adult entree is $28 OOP, no distinction between the doughnut or the eggs and bacon. I think that’s part of the confusion.

I also think there are some guests who don’t realize they don’t have to pay $28 for each person like a prix fixe meal. It’s not actually a prix fixe meal. It’s possible to order just coffee, or just a cupcake, or kids meals, or split an entree. Or, there are guests who will pay because they’re hungry for breakfast and a coffee or cupcake isn’t going to cut it.

Unless it has changed, they do not require everyone to purchase a breakfast (and I am sure we would have heard if it had changed). And so yes, people are booking for their whole party PPO and then buying a coffee or cupcake only. Some people do get breakfast and yes, that is expensive.

If they took it to what it was supposed to be, then everyone would have to pay for the breakfast - and not just a cupcake or coffee.

It hasn’t changed- you’re right, we would have definitely heard about that by now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter