BCV likelihood at 7month mark

Louiepipbgeeco

Louie is hubby, I am PIP Disney Diva!!
I am excited that our first DVC stay (split stay) Jun 29-July7 will incude BCV for the first 5 nights. It is NOT our home resort. At the 7month mark I called at EXACTLY 7months at 9am and we got it. For future..IS this common?? Do you think I was lucky or do you think that for the most part if I plan and call right at the mark, I would be able to get these resorts again??
Thinking of adding on and I don't want to nec. add on at BC because the length of the contract is so much shorter. Just looking for advice.

If you call at 9:00 on the first day of the 7 month window, you can typically book any DVC resort. The only exception will probably be Christmas week or Spring Break week. I own at SSR and stay wherever I want. I have booked BCV and BLT during the Food and Wine Festival when I called in the first day of the 7 month window.

I justed booked 6 nights at BCV in early August at the 7 month mark. I had a choice of a 2BDR anywhere DVC. Well...no 2BDR's with 2 Queen Beds at BCV or Hilton Head.:goodvibes

I tried to get HHI at the 1st day on a 7 month window for June and there was no availability. I think that is one of their busy months, like the WDW resorts at Christmas time. I was able to get VB at 7 month window.

Before the economy dived, it was very difficult to get into BCV at 7 months during many times of the year.

I hope I have your good luck, I am seriously considering a trip the week after Labor Day, and I've been thinking of trying the BCV.
I've stayed in AKV twice (my home resort) and I am booked at the VWL the end of Nov beginning of Dec (my other home resort) so I'd like to try other resorts during slower times. The boardwalk area is so relaxing, and I love being able to walk to Epcot and DHS. It's a great way to burn off some calories.

We stay at BCV every summer (anywhere from 5-8 nights each trip) and we've never had trouble booking at the 7 month mark.

Summer stays are easier to book and always have been. Higher points and the heat and crowds make this is nonpeak time for DVC members to go.

I'm hoping to stay there in 2011 for F&W, we stayed at BWV last year, but my DP says we can't stay there any more because of the fudge shop just outside the building. Maybe we might pick up a contract there, but we need a little more money before we can think about that, but I'm looking!

:)I just switched a studio at BWV to the BC for the 1st full week of Aug. and called several days past the 7 mo. window. I do believe the economy is playing a part right now because in the past I have tried to get the BC and had no luck. I also called this past Oct. and switched a 1br and a 2br at OKW for the same at the BC in May. As stated above, it also depend on what time of the year you are going.

I tried to get HHI at the 1st day on a 7 month window for June and there was no availability. I think that is one of their busy months, like the WDW resorts at Christmas time. I was able to get VB at 7 month window.

I was just looking into the idea of HHI this week for August. The CM I spoke to said there's only like 100 units and they usually only open the phones at 9:00 am with about 3 units open!! She said they're usually gone within 5 minutes so next year call exactly at 9:00 am on your 7 mo. window!! She also said that a lot of people try to book Sun-Thur to avoid the weekend points & if you don't own there you need to call & book starting your week on Fri or Sat - then you beat the Sun-Thurs folks.

We also got BCV and VB at 7 months for our vacation last summer....

This past Monday was the 7 Month mark for our trip and we had no problems getting a 1BR at BCV. This will be our first time staying here so we were very happy it was available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter