BCV/BWV

I currently own 400 at VGF (350 direct) and 75 at Poly (resale). I really want to add on an Epcot area DVC (despite never having stayed at either lol) because I love Epcot and want the ease of getting there.

I'm leaning towards BCV because I have a 7 year old daughter that loves to swim so the pool is a draw for me. My only concern is the expiration date. Because my daughter is so young and I'm 42, I really foresee using our DVC for the next few decades. We go to Disney several times a year (4-6) and given the number of points that I have and where I own we won't always be staying at BCV.

Is it worth it to buy at BCV at this point? Am I missing some details or aspects to this decision making?
Thanks!
One question I'd have for you is your family size and how flexible you are with your dates? 1br are generally easier to get (and were available in may/june for August when I was looking for a studio for my sister), so if your dates are flexible, and you're interested in 1br, you should be ok using the points you have.

Also wondering if you have tried SAB (the pool) with your 7yo? My almost-7, who is a decent swimmer and happily swims to and from and in the deep end of any other pool, refuses to do the pirate slide, while my 10yo wants to spend ALL DAY on the pirate slide. That means DH and I are usually taking turns doing the slide with the older kid. As others have said, the various features of the pool are spread out so if you need to keep eyes on your 7yo or will be bouncing around, it is not restful.

Our upcoming August trip is at BCV and I had no problem booking a 5-night stay in a 2BR at/around 7 months. Yes, it is hotter than the sun, and F&W and MNSSHP will both be going on, but I may have even spaced on the dates and booked 1-2 days late. So yes, it is possible! I had a BLT unit booked with BLT points, and modified, easy peasy. My sister and her family (2 babies + 1 kid) decided in late April that they wanted to join us, and I pieced together a BCV studio over May and June. With both situations we had a solid backup - and we got lucky this time because VGF2 opened in mid-May.

BCV:
Pros:
closest to WS
SAB

Cons:
room layout is meh
no GVs
no views
small balconies

BWV:
Pros:
lively BW area
easier walk to HS (and fairly easy for both)
BWV rooms and std view rooms

Cons:
no dedicated 2BR (only lockoffs, so very hard to get a 2BR, and 2nd bedroom doesn't have 2 beds)

-------------

This will be our 3rd stay at BCV (prior stays were a studio and a 1br) and with my sister's studio, our 4th booking - our first was on rented BCV points, but the latter 3 bookings in 2021-2022 were on my points at 7 months or less. Granted, this was during covid too, so I'm sure that was a factor with availability last year, but unlikely for this year.

We've stayed at BWV 2x, once on cash and once during covid - but have had plenty of opportunities to book a 1br pool/garden view with our points - but now that we have Riviera we tend to stay there and only look for BCV in the summer (for SAB). And if we don't get it, that is fine too.

I think if you are flexible and don't feel you have to stay there all the time, you don't need to pay the premium for points that will expire in 20 years, especially if you tend to book short-ish trips or you're ok with a 1br.

It’s a nice contract and even at $150 pp it’s comes down in price if I rent the surplus of points.

I post the details in the ROFR thread when the sellers have signed the contract.

My worry is the global economy but I think I’m fine since I can rent the points and bring the total cost down.
Good luck! I think there will always be a decent rental market for BCV points. I may even be messaging you if I start having trouble using my points at 7 mo!

One question I'd have for you is your family size and how flexible you are with your dates? 1br are generally easier to get (and were available in may/june for August when I was looking for a studio for my sister), so if your dates are flexible, and you're interested in 1br, you should be ok using the points you have.

Also wondering if you have tried SAB (the pool) with your 7yo? My almost-7, who is a decent swimmer and happily swims to and from and in the deep end of any other pool, refuses to do the pirate slide, while my 10yo wants to spend ALL DAY on the pirate slide. That means DH and I are usually taking turns doing the slide with the older kid. As others have said, the various features of the pool are spread out so if you need to keep eyes on your 7yo or will be bouncing around, it is not restful.

Our upcoming August trip is at BCV and I had no problem booking a 5-night stay in a 2BR at/around 7 months. Yes, it is hotter than the sun, and F&W and MNSSHP will both be going on, but I may have even spaced on the dates and booked 1-2 days late. So yes, it is possible! I had a BLT unit booked with BLT points, and modified, easy peasy. My sister and her family (2 babies + 1 kid) decided in late April that they wanted to join us, and I pieced together a BCV studio over May and June. With both situations we had a solid backup - and we got lucky this time because VGF2 opened in mid-May.

BCV:
Pros:
closest to WS
SAB

Cons:
room layout is meh
no GVs
no views
small balconies

BWV:
Pros:
lively BW area
easier walk to HS (and fairly easy for both)
BWV rooms and std view rooms

Cons:
no dedicated 2BR (only lockoffs, so very hard to get a 2BR, and 2nd bedroom doesn't have 2 beds)

-------------

This will be our 3rd stay at BCV (prior stays were a studio and a 1br) and with my sister's studio, our 4th booking - our first was on rented BCV points, but the latter 3 bookings in 2021-2022 were on my points at 7 months or less. Granted, this was during covid too, so I'm sure that was a factor with availability last year, but unlikely for this year.

We've stayed at BWV 2x, once on cash and once during covid - but have had plenty of opportunities to book a 1br pool/garden view with our points - but now that we have Riviera we tend to stay there and only look for BCV in the summer (for SAB). And if we don't get it, that is fine too.

I think if you are flexible and don't feel you have to stay there all the time, you don't need to pay the premium for points that will expire in 20 years, especially if you tend to book short-ish trips or you're ok with a 1br.
Thank you for this! We are just a family of 2 so we are pretty flexible.

I would book something else using your home resort points as a backup and try to switch at 7 mo, and see how that goes. Also worth trying all 3 resorts, RIV, BWV and BCV to see if you really love any one of them enough to go through buying a small amount of points there. At worst, you can rent points if you want to be assured of trying the resort when you want to. I have never not had a waitlist come through, even pre-pandemic. and at all 3 EP/HS resorts, there is a twin murphy so you can have a couch in your studio, too.

Good luck! I think there will always be a decent rental market for BCV points. I may even be messaging you if I start having trouble using my points at 7 mo!

Dang I just heard from the broker and apparently there must have been some sort of miscommunication between broker and seller because the sellers wanted me to cover closing and dues but that wasn’t the agreement. I had already signed the contract and was only waiting for them to do the same, but now the deal is not happening.

I agree with others about Storm-Along-Bay not being a pool for swimming. Our kids (& nephews) grew up with a pool, & really dislike SAB. It is nice for bobbing along in a sea of people, but is in no way a pool for actual swimming (picture a town pool on 4th of July, but every day :crowded:). The lounge chair situation (get there in the early morning to stalk chairs) is exactly the opposite of what I would consider conducive to a relaxing pool day.
Their leisure pool is lovely, but almost identical to every other leisure pool (except no Community Hall - the nearest is at the BoardWalk Villas).

Personally, as much as we love the BWVs, I wouldn't purchase any 2042 resort now.
I would also suggest trying any resort before buying there (we bought BCV pre-build, so didn't have that opportunity).

The lounge chair situation (get there in the early morning to stalk chairs) is exactly the opposite of what I would consider conducive to a relaxing pool day.
That is a common problem her in Europe and it seems the bigger the country the more they think it’s okay to come early in the morning and put their towels on the pool chairs only to return in the afternoon and use for a bit.

Most places you are allowed to leave for 1 hour which is fair but staying away for 2-3-4 or longer is just disrespectful to other people.

Not on my watch or should I say vacation.

I tend to either ask a lifeguard or who ever is around to remove the towels or subsequently just do it myself.

I haven’t experienced the problem at WDW yet but should I then I would do the same.

Of course if there are official rules allowing you to occupy and leave for hours and hours then it’s another situation but most places there aren’t and for good reasons.

It’s been awhile since I stayed at BCV but have people started to come early and just leave a towel only to return later or are they really using the chairs?

That is a common problem her in Europe and it seems the bigger the country the more they think it’s okay to come early in the morning and put their towels on the pool chairs only to return in the afternoon and use for a bit.

Most places you are allowed to leave for 1 hour which is fair but staying away for 2-3-4 or longer is just disrespectful to other people.

Not on my watch or should I say vacation.

I tend to either ask a lifeguard or who ever is around to remove the towels or subsequently just do it myself.

I haven’t experienced the problem at WDW yet but should I then I would do the same.

Of course if there are official rules allowing you to occupy and leave for hours and hours then it’s another situation but most places there aren’t and for good reasons.

It’s been awhile since I stayed at BCV but have people started to come early and just leave a towel only to return later or are they really using the chairs?
People do this at BCV and Poly, absolutely. Lifeguards typically won't get tnvolved.

You may want to look for an international seller. We just paid $145 and $150pp for a total of 360 points on 2 contracts. Those are $25-35 less per point than most people are asking.
We also got 360 points at BCV last month for our first DVC contract. We were $140 pp but only 58 points left from 2022 allotment.

You may want to look for an international seller. We just paid $145 and $150pp for a total of 360 points on 2 contracts. Those are $25-35 less per point than most people are asking.
PLEASE: tell me how to find an International Seller with BCV points for sale and a June use year!! :):)

Have you thought about RIV? It doesn’t have the walkability as BCV/BWV do, but the skyliner is a close alternative and very convenient for Epcot. It also solves your 2042 issue. I’m assuming you’re going resale (since you’d only be using them at RIV anyway since you have MK points elsewhere), but even direct has good incentives right now.

I get the SAB appeal, but I would never buy interest in real estate based on a pool.

I agree with a few other posters here in that I would switch at 7 months and see how that works prior to buying. We stayed at Beach Club this past November and just tried out Boardwalk a couple of weeks ago. We have another short stay at Boardwalk over Labor Day. If you have some flexibility and don't mind checking the booking site then I think you'll be fine. If you fall in love with one of them and want or need the 11 month window, then go for it. We found that we prefer Boardwalk to Beach Club. SAB was cool, but not relaxing (our boys were 4 and 6 at the time).

I think if you buy BWV or BCV, you use it solely for BWV or BCV. They're not sleeparound points.

There is no easy season for BCV at this point. Every new resort added to system adds people wanting to switch at 7 months (RIV, VGF2, etc.), and BCV is seemingly always at the top of lists for "want to try!!!"
I’m confused about this. If I buy into BWV why can’t I switch to another resort at 7 months? I’m confused about this “not sleep around points” for these two resorts.

I’m confused about this. If I buy into BWV why can’t I switch to another resort at 7 months? I’m confused about this “not sleep around points” for these two resorts.
It’s not that you “can’t”, it’s more of you shouldn’t. If you’re wanting to book a different resort, rather than your home resort, why not buy the cheapest resale available and switch at 7 months? You spend more on the resale contract for BW, than say SSR, so you can book BW at 11 months out for better availability AT BW. Same with BC.

It’s not that you “can’t”, it’s more of you shouldn’t. If you’re wanting to book a different resort, rather than your home resort, why not buy the cheapest resale available and switch at 7 months? You spend more on the resale contract for BW, than say SSR, so you can book BW at 11 months out for better availability AT BW. Same with BC.
Exactly this. Buying two of the hardest to get, costliest points in DVC as sleep around points is irrational even by the standards of an emotional purchase like DVC.

Honestly those rooms are in the range of 800-1000 per night if reserved through WDW. That’s a bargain buying those contracts if you plan to use it over the next 20 years of the contract

Exactly this. Buying two of the hardest to get, costliest points in DVC as sleep around points is irrational even by the standards of an emotional purchase like DVC.
I get that. I definitely would want to stay at BWV like say 90% of the time but maybe occasionally would want to try VGF to AKL..like once or twice.

Rent points or do a short cash stay to try it first. Then consider buying if you truly love it. If you just like it, then buy somewhere more economical and trade in at 7 months. You'll usually be able to get some nights if you're flexible. I've used SSR points to stay at BCV two years in a row on 4th of July weekend in 1BRs.

Agree. AS a BWV owner, we book at 11 months at stick with it. LOVE the ability to walk to 2 parks, walk back to our resort at the end of the night. Have great restaurants within walking distance or on the Skyliner route. At 7 months, BWV is hard to get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter