BCV/BWV

SeasonneRose

Mouseketeer
I currently own 400 at VGF (350 direct) and 75 at Poly (resale). I really want to add on an Epcot area DVC (despite never having stayed at either lol) because I love Epcot and want the ease of getting there.

I'm leaning towards BCV because I have a 7 year old daughter that loves to swim so the pool is a draw for me. My only concern is the expiration date. Because my daughter is so young and I'm 42, I really foresee using our DVC for the next few decades. We go to Disney several times a year (4-6) and given the number of points that I have and where I own we won't always be staying at BCV.

Is it worth it to buy at BCV at this point? Am I missing some details or aspects to this decision making?
Thanks!

I would have a hard time paying for any 2042 resort for the current prices. But SAB was never something we did the few ti es there because my kids were not pool kids.

I would have a hard time paying for any 2042 resort for the current prices. But SAB was never something we did the few ti es there because my kids were not pool kids.
My daughter is basically a fish so the pool would be amazing for us. But I agree - the prices are a tough sell for 2042. Maybe better off renting points?

I think that is what some have suggested but then you have to be able to find an owner.

However, occasionally, it might work. I’d rather buy a different resort, and try my luck at 7 months, even if it meant doing a split stay or a larger size room.

I think that is what some have suggested but then you have to be able to find an owner.

However, occasionally, it might work. I’d rather buy a different resort, and try my luck at 7 months, even if it meant doing a split stay or a larger size room.
That's a good idea. Since my daughter is young, we do our big vacation in the May-July months which I'm told is easier to get. Maybe I'll do that then.

Have you considered a transfer? We transferred in two years worth of BCV points from a longtime owner for a very fair price because I prefer having control of our reservations.

It isn’t hard to get a BC 1BR, and you have plenty of points. I love the pool, but you only need a night or two, which you can do with what you already have.

Just put the BC at the start or end of the trip.

In 2019, I made my first DVC purchase and really wanted BCV because of food and Wine festival and love BCV’s location to Epcot (and boat to HS). The 2042 date scared me away and I ended up buying Copper Creek in 2019 instead which I love but still couldn’t stop thinking and talking about BCV. Hubby finally got tired of me talking about BCV and said to just “buy it already because the 2042 date is not going to change and we will still have it to enjoy for almost 2 decades.”Finally added on BCV resale and closed early this year. I’m 47yrs old with a 9 yr old daughter so we can enjoy it through her teen years and, if she wants to join us still, through her twenties. We will still have Copper Creek and Grand Floridian to enjoy after 2042. We stayed last month at BCV for the first time and loved it and have no buyers remorse. Sometimes it’s not about the best financial decision. It’s just what the heart wants or saving hubby 20 years of listening to me complain about really wanting BCV but “if it only didn’t have the 2042 Expiration Date!!!” To him that’s probably priceless LOL.

Stormalong Bay Pool at Beach Club is more of a splashing about kind of pool, enjoying the water, the slide and the (deep) lazy river - it’s not that great for actually swimming. It is also very very busy most of the time. There are a couple of small quiet pools at Beach Club for ‘short‘ length swims.
the pool at AK Jambo is a good size, you can actually swim in it, although it can get a bit busy, but my favourite for both size and peacefulness to properly have a swim in is the Boulder Ridge pool at Wilderness Lodge.

Stormalong Bay Pool at Beach Club is more of a splashing about kind of pool, enjoying the water, the slide and the (deep) lazy river - it’s not that great for actually swimming. It is also very very busy most of the time. There are a couple of small quiet pools at Beach Club for ‘short‘ length swims.
the pool at AK Jambo is a good size, you can actually swim in it, although it can get a bit busy, but my favourite for both size and peacefulness to properly have a swim in is the Boulder Ridge pool at Wilderness Lodge.
Wow, this is almost exactly how we feel.

SAB is one of our least favorite pools. Always so crowded and difficult to find chairs. (We’ve wandered around for what seems like forever waiting for someone to leave.) Because of all the bridges, it’s difficult to get around, and the pool itself is oddly disjointed. Finally, if we want (uncomfortable Florida) sand, we’ll go to the beach!

Jambo House is our ideal pool. Very large body of water with multiple easy entry points. Lots of deck chairs (although many are outside the fence) surrounded by lush greenery. The bar is easy to get to plus the animal viewing area is a short walk.

The Boulder Ridge DVC also is a favorite of ours. Lots of covered areas, a large pool with several entry points, plus interesting theming. We just returned from a trip and despite 95 degree temperatures, it never got crowded. (I am guessing the Wilderness Lodge pool was packed but since we were enjoying the Boulder Ridge pool so much, we never made it to the Wilderness Lodge pool.)

We like the Poly pool but that gets so crowded that it’s often difficult to find a seat.

We enjoy the Luna Pool at BWV but after our most recent experience, the Boulder Ridge pool might now be our second favorite.

I currently own 400 at VGF (350 direct) and 75 at Poly (resale). I really want to add on an Epcot area DVC (despite never having stayed at either lol) because I love Epcot and want the ease of getting there.

I'm leaning towards BCV because I have a 7 year old daughter that loves to swim so the pool is a draw for me. My only concern is the expiration date. Because my daughter is so young and I'm 42, I really foresee using our DVC for the next few decades. We go to Disney several times a year (4-6) and given the number of points that I have and where I own we won't always be staying at BCV.

Is it worth it to buy at BCV at this point? Am I missing some details or aspects to this decision making?
Thanks!
I’m with you with wanting an epcot resort. Our children are little bit younger but I am hopeful to do small point contract at BWV.

I realize financially might not be best decision with the expiration date but I’d like to get 11 month opportunity for a studio that has an excellent point chart. I am worried I won’t be able to find studio at 7 months. So finances aside, think it makes sense for me if I want to be there. And if I am able to book a studio, 50 points does me well. And may not stay there every year so could end up using 100pts every other year while staying at MK resorts rest of my trips.

One alternative for an Epcot resort---if you can stomach studios---is the Poly. The DVC longhouses are easy walking distance to the TTC, giving you direct access to the Epcot monorail. That doesn't particularly help for the Studios park, but it's an option.

Thanks!
I just picked up a Boardwalk contract as my entry into DVC. Did I pay more per point over the lifetime of the contract than I would have buying Riv direct? Sure, but we didn’t want to own at Riv, we wanted BWV. 20 years is a long time and we plan to keep it and use it for that period. IMHO luxury purchases like DVC can have very different non economic variables that sway purchase decisions and vary by individual - and no one should feel bad about that.

You may want to look for an international seller. We just paid $145 and $150pp for a total of 360 points on 2 contracts. Those are $25-35 less per point than most people are asking.

How did you sort of justify the buy in to your self? I’m looking at a BCV contract too and I really want to buy it but I can’t help thinking about the global economy and maybe it is better to wait.

The contract I’m looking at is loaded and since I can’t go before 2023 I’m thinking of renting the surplus of points and that would bring down the cost of the contract to $110. But I’m still unsure.

I think if you buy BWV or BCV, you use it solely for BWV or BCV. They're not sleeparound points.

There is no easy season for BCV at this point. Every new resort added to system adds people wanting to switch at 7 months (RIV, VGF2, etc.), and BCV is seemingly always at the top of lists for "want to try!!!"

Both resorts tend to be difficult to get at 7 months due to location.
If you have small kids, BCV is awesome due to the pool.
Now, without kids at home, we love BWV.
I know both end in 2042. I think buying today at a good price (however you define that), you can still do well over the next 20 years. Would still be cheaper than resort rates.

How did you sort of justify the buy in to your self? I’m looking at a BCV contract too and I really want to buy it but I can’t help thinking about the global economy and maybe it is better to wait.

The contract I’m looking at is loaded and since I can’t go before 2023 I’m thinking of renting the surplus of points and that would bring down the cost of the contract to $110. But I’m still unsure.
I had to convince my husband to buy DVC. We've been 15 times since 2014. It just made sense to me. I initially told him 120 points at SSR. He decided he only liked BCV after we stayed there renting points. Our plan for years was to buy a condo in the Orlando area, but the 100% increase in prices in 18 months nixed that plan. So we took what would have been a down payment for a condo and bought into DVC. We already have 4 trips planned in the next year. I'm fine with the 2042 expiration, we will be in our 70s then and our adult kids only like going to Disney once every 5 years or so.

Wow, back in 2018 I "lowballed" some BCV and BWV contracts because we love the area - I think I'd been trying to get BWV at <$105pp and BCV at under $110pp. I do think if you were to rent out your points, a functional $110pp might be worth it, if you really really love BCV.

For us, about 6 months later we did the "tour" for Riviera at SSR and bought with some pretty good incentives, and haven't looked back.

Wow, back in 2018 I "lowballed" some BCV and BWV contracts because we love the area - I think I'd been trying to get BWV at <$105pp and BCV at under $110pp. I do think if you were to rent out your points, a functional $110pp might be worth it, if you really really love BCV.

For us, about 6 months later we did the "tour" for Riviera at SSR and bought with some pretty good incentives, and haven't looked back.

It’s a nice contract and even at $150 pp it’s comes down in price if I rent the surplus of points.

I post the details in the ROFR thread when the sellers have signed the contract.

My worry is the global economy but I think I’m fine since I can rent the points and bring the total cost down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter