BBB questions

Jhondy

Mouseketeer
I’ve never booked BBB before but my daughter will be 3 on our cruise so I’m planning to book it (hopefully before the princess tea party) but have some questions.

1 when you book BBB do you have to book which package you want or is it just a general reservation and you pick the package once there? If you have to pick the package when you book, are you able to change it easily? For example if I pick one that comes with a dress but then decide to bring a dress can I downgrade to the package without the dress?

2. Can you walk into BBB like the day prior or a few hours before your BBB appointment to look at the dresses? I want to let my 3 year old pick whatever dress she wants but I could see her picking one she already has like Elsa (which we will be packing all of them and bringing them). If she can look ahead and pick, it would help me to know whether to dress her in one she has or plan to buy one when there.

3. Does the Fantasy have the cruise/captain Minnie/Mickey as dress up options? If so, is it possible to buy the costume separate from the experience? For example either buy a princess costume and the minnie costume or bring our own princess costume to wear but buy the minnie costume for a later day?

Thanks for all the help with these questions

We haven’t done it since 2019 but at that time you made a reservation then picked the package you want when you get there. Some of the shops have various costumes for sale as well at the boutique itself. The dresses on board are beautiful but even more expensive than usual so be prepared for that. We brought our own and I am doing that again for our upcoming cruise. ShopDisney has had so many costume sales I bought a few for her to pick from onboard.

I can’t answer all the questions, but: You pick the package while you are there. we always brought our own dresses due to 1) cost and 2) itch-factor (my girls hate anything remotely itchy and I can only buy one specific non-Disney brand of princess dresses for them, which makes look-alike dresses). I don’t know what your daughter’s tolerance is but wanted to mention!

Thanks for the answers! DD is usually good with the princess dresses…except Snow White, she finds that one itchy so we put a shirt on underneath. Hopefully, I can book this for our cruise but thinking I should be able to since we have 8 nights on the ship! I think DD will love the experience and the attention she will likely get afterwards!

Has anyone ever gotten a reservation when first getting on the ship?BBB is sold out online for our cruise.

Has anyone ever gotten a reservation when first getting on the ship?BBB is sold out online for our cruise.
We were able to switch our time to a different slot (they couldn’t do it on the spot but called us to say they were able to get it done) and there was someone else there also making an appt., so yes, they do leave some open. You have to do it directly at BBB, and their hours are a little sporadic, so try to find their hours first-thing!

I’ve never booked BBB before but my daughter will be 3 on our cruise so I’m planning to book it (hopefully before the princess tea party) but have some questions.

1 when you book BBB do you have to book which package you want or is it just a general reservation and you pick the package once there? If you have to pick the package when you book, are you able to change it easily? For example if I pick one that comes with a dress but then decide to bring a dress can I downgrade to the package without the dress?

2. Can you walk into BBB like the day prior or a few hours before your BBB appointment to look at the dresses? I want to let my 3 year old pick whatever dress she wants but I could see her picking one she already has like Elsa (which we will be packing all of them and bringing them). If she can look ahead and pick, it would help me to know whether to dress her in one she has or plan to buy one when there.

3. Does the Fantasy have the cruise/captain Minnie/Mickey as dress up options? If so, is it possible to buy the costume separate from the experience? For example either buy a princess costume and the minnie costume or bring our own princess costume to wear but buy the minnie costume for a later day?

Thanks for all the help with these questions
Im not sure if you sailed yet, but we were able to go into the BBB ahead of time (we actually had a tiara emergency and I ended up purchasing a tiara the first night, our BBB was the 5th night). They were so nice and so helpful. I don’t think they’d let you linger and browse forever, but I think they’d probably let you take a peek at the gowns.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter