Bay Lake Tower wait list ?

DisneyDad505

Earning My Ears
Has anyone bought any points 100 points or more recently at BLT if so how long is the wait list or is there no chance to get any contracts from Disney any time in the near future? I know resale has some but my first purchase we want to buy direct and yes i know resale is cheaper and we will use resale after this first purchase if we want more points. Please give any info good or bad a new DVC member may want to know before buying BLT also. We have been on a wait list for almost a month waiting for BLT points to become available direct from Disney. Thanks to all that respond and happy holidays!!!:):):):):)

Are you waiting for any particular UY? In most cases, the first day of a UY month is when a lot of points open up for Disney to sell, as they can only sell you a contract that has current UY points.

You said you’ve been on the waitlist for a month; there is no NOV UY and you probably got on the waitlist after available OCT points were sold.

Are you waiting for any particular UY? In most cases, the first day of a UY month is when a lot of points open up for Disney to sell, as they can only sell you a contract that has current UY points.

You said you’ve been on the waitlist for a month; there is no NOV UY and you probably got on the waitlist after available OCT points were sold.
Thanks I did get on the wait list in the middle of October so that could be the case. I'm on the waitlist for any available UY as I am very flexible of when we go to Disney. When would the next available UY points open up DEC or JAN ? Thanks for responding and your help we do appreciate your help and knowledge.

I was on the waitlist for BLT for August, September, October or December starting the first part of May. By the end of June I gave up and bought OKW direct in my preferred October UY and then bought BLT resale. Realistically you might be waiting until after February 1. February has the majority of the BLT contracts. There is not a January UY.

Resale seems scary but honestly it was almost less frustrating than waiting on the waitlist and the process with Disney. Contract was a lot shorter too! If what you really want is BLT I would be on the lookout for a good resale while you simultaneously stay on the direct waitlists. If nothing comes through you will at least own BLT and then can look at a direct contract with another resort. Either something more available like OKW, SSR, AKV or even CCV or Riveria when it opens.

Thanks I did get on the wait list in the middle of October so that could be the case. I'm on the waitlist for any available UY as I am very flexible of when we go to Disney. When would the next available UY points open up DEC or JAN ? Thanks for responding and your help we do appreciate your help and knowledge.

You asked about JAN but as the PP (previous poster) mentioned there is no January UY. So perhaps you have a little more to learn about DVC. But no worries! The DISboards are a wonderful resource and you will learn SO much from here and it puts you at an advantage. In fact, you'll probably end up more knowledgeable than some DVC Guides. Ask a question, and the DIScommunity will be happy to answer.
______

Disney exercises ROFR all the time on a variety of contracts. Some may be loaded, others stripped, etc. It's best to check in with your Guide periodically to see if there are points available. I'm not sure how the waitlist is conducted (if automated or not), but I do know that there are good Guides, and there are bad Guides. Sometimes it's simply your due diligence that gets you what you want.

I would definitely call after the Thanksgiving weekend... because if you're somehow able to purchase DEC points in the Nov calendar month, that would be pretty close to winning the lottery(!) since you would receive Dec 2017 points AND THEN get your Dec 2018 days later. This is what is routinely marketed as "Double points" by Guides as a selling tactic, when really it's what one would normally get in this situation anyway.

I would definitely call after the Thanksgiving weekend... because if you're somehow able to purchase DEC points in the Nov calendar month, that would be pretty close to winning the lottery(!) since you would receive Dec 2017 points AND THEN get your Dec 2018 days later. This is what is routinely marketed as "Double points" by Guides as a selling tactic, when really it's what one would normally get in this situation anyway.

Just wanted to point out that December 2018 points don’t magically appear in your account 1st of December. The points are already there to be used for any reservation from 1st of December.

If you are not borrowing then December 2018 points can be used already from 1/1/2018 to make a reservation for traveling 12/1/2018

Has anyone bought any points 100 points or more recently at BLT if so how long is the wait list or is there no chance to get any contracts from Disney any time in the near future? I know resale has some but my first purchase we want to buy direct and yes i know resale is cheaper and we will use resale after this first purchase if we want more points. Please give any info good or bad a new DVC member may want to know before buying BLT also. We have been on a wait list for almost a month waiting for BLT points to become available direct from Disney. Thanks to all that respond and happy holidays!!!:):):):):)

I'm supposed to be on a waitlist for BLT points and have been since late last Dec/early Jan. October UY. There's been similar questions during this past year from people who have been on the BLT waitlist for quite a few months but it's usually been waiting for a specific UY. Considering all UY's will help but I'd also just give a bit of reconsideration to resale if BLT is the resort of choice.

Been on the waitlist for March points just over a year now and counting. I check in every now and then and am told I am still on the list and that the list is the list and it's first come, first served and that no one has been offered March points who got on the list later than I did (whether that's true or not, I have no idea). I spent at least 6 months in the exact same position on the list not moving up once.

Been on the waitlist for March points just over a year now and counting. I check in every now and then and am told I am still on the list and that the list is the list and it's first come, first served and that no one has been offered March points who got on the list later than I did (whether that's true or not, I have no idea). I spent at least 6 months in the exact same position on the list not moving up once.

I am in the process of closing on 75 March UY points. I was only on the wait list a little over 2 months.

I am in the process of closing on 75 March UY points. I was only on the wait list a little over 2 months.

After you have closed (and therefore when there's no ability for it to affect you) could you PM me your real name? I had someone post something similar some months back then asked my Guide about it and he basically said it wasn't true and unless I had real information it didn't happen. To be clear, I 100% believe you. It's the Guide I think who is not being honest.

I was on one of the waitlists and I got the impression that how well you did or did not do on the list was a direct reflection of your guide. It seems some will work hard to find something for you and others are much more interested in selling the current properties.

I was on one of the waitlists and I got the impression that how well you did or did not do on the list was a direct reflection of your guide. It seems some will work hard to find something for you and others are much more interested in selling the current properties.
Having the right guide to help you on a waitlist is very important and goes a long way. I was pleased how fast and how quickly my guide found my points and the UY i wanted. Checking in from time to time will never hurt you either after all your guide is there to help you along the way. Resale is much easier to find points at the resorts you want and at a huge discount also. Either way don't give up and you will find what your looking for don't give up.

Before I bought any more BLT I would want TOTW usage clarified. I bought primarily for TOTW availability for black out dates. If staying there does not give me that, I will most likely sell what I have.

Wow talk about pixie dust I just got a call from Disney that the add on points i wanted for my UY came in today. I was shocked because it was before the big price hike taking place tomorrow. I honestly got some pixie dust which I wasn't expecting but I did keep calling and calling and hoping they would be come in before the big price hike. I've seen the value of my contract jump already with the price hikes. Wish I was able to join DVC years ago but glad I did I would love hear how much others paid for BLT in years past because it seems Poly GFV and BLT will always see price hikes in the future. Have a magical day everyone !!

Wow talk about pixie dust I just got a call from Disney that the add on points i wanted for my UY came in today. I was shocked because it was before the big price hike taking place tomorrow. I honestly got some pixie dust which I wasn't expecting but I did keep calling and calling and hoping they would be come in before the big price hike. I've seen the value of my contract jump already with the price hikes. Wish I was able to join DVC years ago but glad I did I would love hear how much others paid for BLT in years past because it seems Poly GFV and BLT will always see price hikes in the future. Have a magical day everyone !!

Phew. That's the biggest jump of all of them, so you can feel real lucky. And welcome! I paid $121 for BLT resale and $185 for direct add on a year and a half ago, so you aren't paying too much of a premium compared to me right now.

Thanks hoping to add more points later on through resale after I see what all the new price changes and resale wording does to the resale market prices. I am just glad I got the points I needed through this direct sale to use from the trips I have already planned in 2019. Wondering what prices BLT will now get on the resale market being that they are being sold at 225 dollars a point direct. Hard to imagine these prices per point just a few years ago it is a big jump for sure. I'm also wondering if Disney will exercise ROFR on any of the current resale contracts pending due to this big price increase at BLT and others.

Thanks hoping to add more points later on through resale after I see what all the new price changes and resale wording does to the resale market prices. I am just glad I got the points I needed through this direct sale to use from the trips I have already planned in 2019. Wondering what prices BLT will now get on the resale market being that they are being sold at 225 dollars a point direct. Hard to imagine these prices per point just a few years ago it is a big jump for sure. I'm also wondering if Disney will exercise ROFR on any of the current resale contracts pending due to this big price increase at BLT and others.

Yeah I just called my guide to see if the price increase and Riviera restrictions were real, and when he confirmed they were, I told him that DVC was backing me into only buying resale.

I bet in a couple of years we will be reflecting on how we got in during "the good old days"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter