Bay Lake Tower wait list ?

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by DisneyDad505, Nov 21, 2018.

1. DisneyDad505

DisneyDad505 Earning My Ears

Has anyone bought any points 100 points or more recently at BLT if so how long is the wait list or is there no chance to get any contracts from Disney any time in the near future? I know resale has some but my first purchase we want to buy direct and yes i know resale is cheaper and we will use resale after this first purchase if we want more points. Please give any info good or bad a new DVC member may want to know before buying BLT also. We have been on a wait list for almost a month waiting for BLT points to become available direct from Disney. Thanks to all that respond and happy holidays!!!:):):):):)

2. D-Trick

D-Trick Mouseketeer

Are you waiting for any particular UY? In most cases, the first day of a UY month is when a lot of points open up for Disney to sell, as they can only sell you a contract that has current UY points.

You said you’ve been on the waitlist for a month; there is no NOV UY and you probably got on the waitlist after available OCT points were sold.

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Disney Vacation Club Resales www.dvcstore.com

4. DisneyDad505

Thanks I did get on the wait list in the middle of October so that could be the case. I'm on the waitlist for any available UY as I am very flexible of when we go to Disney. When would the next available UY points open up DEC or JAN ? Thanks for responding and your help we do appreciate your help and knowledge.

5. kmc8826

kmc8826 DIS Veteran

I was on the waitlist for BLT for August, September, October or December starting the first part of May. By the end of June I gave up and bought OKW direct in my preferred October UY and then bought BLT resale. Realistically you might be waiting until after February 1. February has the majority of the BLT contracts. There is not a January UY.

Resale seems scary but honestly it was almost less frustrating than waiting on the waitlist and the process with Disney. Contract was a lot shorter too! If what you really want is BLT I would be on the lookout for a good resale while you simultaneously stay on the direct waitlists. If nothing comes through you will at least own BLT and then can look at a direct contract with another resort. Either something more available like OKW, SSR, AKV or even CCV or Riveria when it opens.

_auroraborealis_ likes this.
  6. D-Trick

D-Trick Mouseketeer

You asked about JAN but as the PP (previous poster) mentioned there is no January UY. So perhaps you have a little more to learn about DVC. But no worries! The DISboards are a wonderful resource and you will learn SO much from here and it puts you at an advantage. In fact, you'll probably end up more knowledgeable than some DVC Guides. Ask a question, and the DIScommunity will be happy to answer.
    ______

Disney exercises ROFR all the time on a variety of contracts. Some may be loaded, others stripped, etc. It's best to check in with your Guide periodically to see if there are points available. I'm not sure how the waitlist is conducted (if automated or not), but I do know that there are good Guides, and there are bad Guides. Sometimes it's simply your due diligence that gets you what you want.

I would definitely call after the Thanksgiving weekend... because if you're somehow able to purchase DEC points in the Nov calendar month, that would be pretty close to winning the lottery(!) since you would receive Dec 2017 points AND THEN get your Dec 2018 days later. This is what is routinely marketed as "Double points" by Guides as a selling tactic, when really it's what one would normally get in this situation anyway.

7. Cyberc1978

Cyberc1978 DIS Veteran

Just wanted to point out that December 2018 points don’t magically appear in your account 1st of December. The points are already there to be used for any reservation from 1st of December.

If you are not borrowing then December 2018 points can be used already from 1/1/2018 to make a reservation for traveling 12/1/2018

D-Trick and CarolMN like this.
  8. D-Trick

D-Trick Mouseketeer

Correct. Perhaps I should refrain from being on the boards at 2am...

9. KAT4DISNEY

KAT4DISNEY Glad to be a test subject

I'm supposed to be on a waitlist for BLT points and have been since late last Dec/early Jan. October UY. There's been similar questions during this past year from people who have been on the BLT waitlist for quite a few months but it's usually been waiting for a specific UY. Considering all UY's will help but I'd also just give a bit of reconsideration to resale if BLT is the resort of choice.

10. DisneyDad505

I was contacted by Disney this week that the points i wanted came and :) I'm happy i got the UY i wanted also thanks to all who posted help !:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    MrsP833 and montrealdisneylovers like this.