Baseball Costumes out today!

Do you think that girls not being able to get baseball uniform might be a glitch? Remember when Green Super Hero outfit came out and girls could not purchase this at first? I just wonder since I saw Host Bella wearing the outfit yesterday.

Oh don't worry, we can pull together some very "unique" cheers! If they don't want us in baseball suits...we shall make the most of what we can!!!! :rolleyes:

I might have some fun with this... :rolleyes1

Oh you've got to be kidding me! A cheerleading outfit for girls and a baseball uniform for guys? Could they be more sexist? And if you want to follow tradition --- seriously, I've never seen cheerleaders at a baseball game! On any level! All I can say is... I hope that baseball uniform comes out for girls soon ... AND that there's a cheerleading outfit for boys!

I could not agree with you more!
I have played Baseball and Competitive Fast pitch softball for many years...Sorry VMK but I wouldnt be caught DEAD in a cheer leader outfit...forget the pom poms give me a bat and glove!

On a side not I am pretty sure they have a baseball outfit for girls coming because I have seen the female hosts wearing them.

But I agree this is not sending a good message...
BAD VMK!!! :badpc:

silvrstrfx said:
Oh you've got to be kidding me! A cheerleading outfit for girls and a baseball uniform for guys? Could they be more sexist? And if you want to follow tradition --- seriously, I've never seen cheerleaders at a baseball game! On any level! All I can say is... I hope that baseball uniform comes out for girls soon ... AND that there's a cheerleading outfit for boys!

I do agree...now with the dresses it was different (it just was lol) but guys can cheerlead as well. However, I would look forward to Softball outfits considering baseball is a guy's sport. :rolleyes:

I know all we can do is... :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: i coud not wait for them all i get is a cheerleading outfit gr

Well i can see it both ways, It is wrong to make it guys only because it is showing kids that girls can only cheerlead and not play ball. But in the other hand guys haven't had a boys only costume yet. It would only be fair, i guess. Can you imagine if guys could wear girl stuff. I don't think i would like to see adio or card in a skirt.

All I can say is that the Alpha Males must have had a say in this one... gee someone needs to tell the staff that all their testosterone ladened talk is just talk- they know the women rule their homes lol

But really- youngest dd will be thrilled with cheerleader costume- but the fact that the baseball is just for boys is wrong... they should have done cheer and baseball for both...

how do you think i feel!!! look at my tag!!! LOL

how can i be the vmk head cheerleader and NOT have poms poms...

hello!!!!!!

Loves Disney said:
I do agree...now with the dresses it was different (it just was lol) but guys can cheerlead as well. However, I would look forward to Softball outfits considering baseball is a guy's sport. :rolleyes:

The only thing i can think of when cheerleading guys is The SNL skit, with will ferrel and Cheri oteri...

My name is craig...(clap-clap) i give good hugs! (clap-clap) your not my friend if you do drugs...

I think this is a little disappointing. I would have preferred a baseball outfit myself. I will try to "cheer" up...

;)

I totally agree and I also think the boys should be allowed to buy a shirt with pom poms afterall boys can be cheerleaders also!

This is 2006 VMK get with the program and stop sterotyping our little VMK world.

aengus said:
how do you think i feel!!! look at my tag!!! LOL

how can i be the vmk head cheerleader and NOT have poms poms...

hello!!!!!!
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Maybe the cheerleading is a part of the High School Musical thing? I haven't seen it. Are there cheerleaders in it?

Since girl hosts are wearing the baseball uniforms, they must be coming out for girls. :confused3

VirtuallyMe said:
All I can say is that the Alpha Males must have had a say in this one... gee someone needs to tell the staff that all their testosterone ladened talk is just talk- they know the women rule their homes

If the Zetas are going to be hanging around the Alphas all the time anyway you might as well wear the short skirts. :thumbsup2

Seriously, my DD9 started cheerleading last year and it is her life! She is going to freak when she logs in and sees her VMK character a cheerleading uniform. I can't wait! :teeth:

Ugh! This is so wrong!
There should be baseball outfits for girls and cheerleading outfits for boys.

And the cheerleading outfits for boys could have shorts instead of the skirts. They can make the shirts like the Herbie tops so they can conform to boys or girls. Then the boys would have a costume just for them.
Heck, there were a couple boys on my school's cheer squad. And I graduated in 1991. :rolleyes:

As stated, what VMK has done with these outfits is extremely sexist.

Yes the Cheer outfits are from HS Musical, I have seen the music video on the Disney channel, accept the outfits are Red and White...and there are boy cheerleaders in the video.
and The boys are playing basketball not baseball lol
I have never in my life seen a cheer leader at any baseball game no matter what level it was played.
Boys gould have cheer outfits...have you ever seen the competitions on ESPN?? Those guys are huge! they can lift a girl with one hand!
Like I said before I saw Hula with a grey and purple uniform on so have faith, I am pretty sure we (the girls) are going to get outfits.
but until then.... :cheer2: :rotfl:

I am so glad I am not the only person that feels this way about the entire cheerleader for girls thing. :furious: Come on VMK...

I used the contact us option on the web page to give them my "feedback on something on VMK". I would suggest that everyone who feels strongly about this, one way or another, do the same. I would bet that the head honchos at VMK don't read these DIS boards. But, there's a higher chance of them getting copies of the feedback reports. Make them either pull the costumes completely (not preferred) or allow boys and girls to buy either, and make cheer outfits appropriate for boys to wear. My DD9 is a cheerleader, but I will not allow her to buy one of these costumes for her character until VMK fixes this. I am contemplating not returning to VMK until this is resolved. Which, of course, means, PLEASE FIX THIS SOON!

I will play the devils advocate here. Probably get flamed for defending the young men.

Chauvinistic? Sexist? Where were these cries or better yet TAG words when the little boys never got an exclusive outfit they could call their own?

Sorry son but VMK is only for girls, you don't count. It has to be this way because all males are bad chauvinists and Sexist if they have their own outfits.

I would also like a baseball outfit for girls and cheer for boys. I am just asking to just cool the tag words. Its just a virtual outfit. Little boys are being bashed enough without bringing it to this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter