Barefoot baby?

Agreed, some sort of soft soled shoe would be a good idea. At 14 months she may surprise you and want to walk, especially if walking will get her to the exciting Disney thing she spotted.

I agree with others...bring some shoes.

My son started walking at 14 months. He was not walking one day and walking the next. He never took steps or anything. He could just walk. It was the craziest thing. Kids surprise you sometimes!

I think you definitely need to have shoes. She may surprise you and decide to start taking steps. My son walked at 10 months, but we started consistently putting shoes on him at Disney after he was 6 months. He only really crawled for 2 weeks, and a month later he was literally running. Also, you don't want her bare feet accidentally touching dirty rails, rides, people, whatever....

Our son was 23 mos on our last trip. He did not want to wear his shoes and kept throwing them off to the side of the stroller. Fortunately, we didn't lose them.
We finally just let him stay barefoot (in stroller) until it was time to either walk or ride something.

When DD was 12mo we kept her barefoot in the stroller but she wore soft sole shoes (moccasins) on rides or on the ground. She could stand but not walk yet. She wanted us to set her down to stand in line WAY MORE than I thought.

Doing the same thing for DS on his first bday trip next week. Soft sole for when he's on the ground there. He also can stand assisted but not walk yet.

We are barefoot as much as possible at home but at WDW, aside from it being a rule on certain attractions and situations, I do also worry about them stepping on something that could injure their feet, hot ground, germs (people with shoes walking through the bathroom then spreading all that yuckiness everywhere...)

A soft sole lets them still feel the ground but protect their feet.

I think WDW has the rule mostly because they don't they don't want to get sued if a child steps on something, etc.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter