Bare Mineral Users? Make-up $$/advice!?

DSNYGRL_JKS2006

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone.. I just need some advice on make-up and prices!?

I have been a Bare Minerals user for like 3 years now. I have extremely senseative skin, I am very very fair and finally after many years and now 23 years old almost 24, I have conquered the acne problem that seemed to never go away! But anyways, my skin is just so senseative!

Before Bare Minerals I was using like Cover-Girl liquid makeup..HORRIBLE looked "cakey" on my face etc.
So I finally found Bare Minerals and loved it, EXCEPT ..pretty expensive!
With the economy these days and $$ im making, I mean NOT making.. :lmao:
I was running out of Bare Minerals and was in Walmart and found "Maybelline-New York" Mineral Power..
I bought 3 things:
-Mineral Power; finishing veil translucent powder
-Mineral Power; natural perfecting foundation
-Mineral Power; naturual perfecting concealer

all 3 things totaled to about what I would pay for one small bare mineral product...

I'm on my 2nd day of this stuff and its.."ok" so far.. not a dramatic change or wow effect!

I just need advice on some *good* makeup that I can now buy probably at Target/Walmart instead of Bare minerals.. I just cant afford it plus the effects of Bare Minerals has worn off lately and I'm not to impressed, it doesnt cover anything on my face etc any more..

You can post your products/prices?/advice and what you use on a daily basis for *face* makeup..
-eyeshadow?
-eyeliner?
-foundation?
-powder?
-moisturizer?
-blush?
-bronzers?
-anything else?!

THANKS SO MUCH!!!! :goodvibes
-

I have learned throughout the years that if you want something really good, you must be willing to pay a little extra for it. I use a product from my cosmetic surgeon's office called GLO Minerals. This looks so much better than the Bare Minerals. I just checked and you can get it on Ebay for alot less money...yippie!~!~! (It still isn't Target or Walmart prices though...)

As for other products, you might try EBAY to find the products you like for a bit less money. I have also bought Aveda hair products on Ebay throughout the years. I have always saved money buying items online!

Good luck on finding that perfect makeup. It is such an individual thing since everyone is so different.

I have been wearing Bare Minerals for 8 years. I have tried other mineral brands but I always end up back with BM. Out of the other mineral products, I liked the Loreal Bare Naturale (I think that's the name) the best. The brush was part of the top and there was a cover over that - a nice all-in-one feel. I believe that the cost was between $8-$9. I ended up back with Bare Minerals because I was having to use more of the Loreal and it was not really working out to be any less expensive. (I use one BM foundation every 6-8 months so it only averages out to $3-$4 per month. Bisque lasts about the same amount of time, sometimes longer and averages $3 per month. For me.)

I hope you find something you like. I, too, have very fair skin and at the tender age of 39, I STILL get breakouts so I can't even say I've conquered acne yet! :eek:

Go to everydayminerals.com. BETTER than Bare Minerals and cheaper. I have been using them for about 4 yrs and also all of my friends use them. Order the free trial kit {only have to pay shipping} and see if you like it. I use their Original Glo formula but if you want more coverage they have pressed or also intensive. No I do not work for them! LOL:laughing:

Thanks everyone! Yeah I agree that Bare Minerals you do not have to buy "so often" that it turns out NOT to be expensive in some ways, I never looked at it that way. Thanks..

For those of you who use Bare Minerals what are all the products you use for your face and in which order do you put them on?
I did try the Bare Minerals Moisturizer but I wasn't to impressed, plus is smelled SO WEIRD.
The only thing is I dont know if its just me putting it on wrong or something, but Bare Minerals is not having the same effect when I first used it 3 years ago, I dont get that "air-brush" look or cover.. and it looks like im not wearing makeup at all and my face looks horrible! Other than that I'd like to go back and buy more Bare Minerals--I just thought I would have a solution buying something from Walmart/Target.. but so far not so good...

Another vote for everydayminerals- if you like a matte foundation. I don't, so I buy BE from QVC when they have kits, or at Sephora or Ulta when I can use discount codes(not very often).

One tip to make your BE foundation last longer is to use a slightly smaller brush. I was using a larger brush than the standard one and went thru it like crazy. Now I am using a slightly smaller brush and using a lot less.

I third everydayminerals. You can buy a custom kit for $34 IIRC. You get 6 products, and they last forever! They also have a free sample kit sot that you can nail down the right shades. You do have to pay shipping though.

i am just now switching over to everyday minerals after much urging from a couple of ladies on the makeup thread over on the CB - i've been using BE for almost 4 years.

EM is milled finer than BE, which i like, and seems to be working great. I also have sensitive skin and have had no problems. I like the original glo and semi-matte formulas - matte and intensive are too much for me.

I don't really need blushes, but they come freein the trial kits, so have gotten a few - really like the colors and how easy they are to control. I have paid for samples of a couple of powders like Mineral Veil - i like the plain Finishing Dust best so far. I am in love with the mint concealer- really tones dwon redness and blotchiness.

I also ordered a sample of auburn eyebrow powder- i've been using smashbox for years and years, and wow a little goes a long way! i'll be using the sample size for well over the next year. I prefer the smashbox simply because i'ts a better color match for me, but i'm learning to control the EM powder - it doesn't take much.

Shipping is cheap - very very reasonable - and orders come in about a week. It's taken me 3 tries of the free sample kit to figure out exactly what i want to use. 2 tries to get the perfect color - then the last set was the various foundation formulas to see which one i liked.

and since this is the budget board - another tip learned from the makeup ladies - a great CHEAP foundation primer

Monistat ANTI-CHAFING powder/gel

This is NOT the stuff used for a yeast infection - but is found next to it at the store. If you need a "real" reason to buy it - it works great if your thighs rub and chafe with a long day's walking at WDW.

the active ingredient is dimethicone - the same as in the expensive foundation primers.

Smashbox photofinish primer- $36 for 1 ounce
Monistat - $6 for 1.5 ounces

you do the math :rotfl:

and since this is the budget board - another tip learned from the makeup ladies - a great CHEAP foundation primer

This is NOT the stuff used for a yeast infection - but is found next to it at the store. If you need a "real" reason to buy it - it works great if your thighs rub and chafe with a long day's walking at WDW.

the active ingredient is dimethicone - the same as in the expensive foundation primers.

I haven't been on this board for a long time but I wanted to jump in here. I second the Monistat Anti-Chafing. My friend turned me onto it and it's wonderful.

I switched from Bare Minerals to Loreal Mineral make-up and I love it! It's about $12 and seems to work just as well, actually maybe a llittle better. I have very dry skin and with the Loreal I don't get that dry powdery look I was getting with BM. What I don't like though is the finishing powder. I still prefer Bare Minerals Mineral Veil but just buying the Loreal foundation makes it much cheaper overall.

I switched from Bare Minerals to Loreal Mineral make-up and I love it! It's about $12 and seems to work just as well, actually maybe a llittle better. I have very dry skin and with the Loreal I don't get that dry powdery look I was getting with BM. What I don't like though is the finishing powder. I still prefer Bare Minerals Mineral Veil but just buying the Loreal foundation makes it much cheaper overall.

Thanks! That helps very much.. ill look into the Loreal Mineral Make-Up!!

Thanks everyone..:thumbsup2

OK stupid here. How do you use a makeup primer? Is that for the whole face or just before eyeshadow? My routine is simple light moisturizer followed by BE. I am always looking for something new and cheap. I think I am going to try the other mineral makeup when my BE runs out.

OK stupid here. How do you use a makeup primer? Is that for the whole face or just before eyeshadow? My routine is simple light moisturizer followed by BE. I am always looking for something new and cheap. I think I am going to try the other mineral makeup when my BE runs out.

Whole face - check out this link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2095509

The first post has a link to "About Monistat as makeup primer"

Thanks! That helps very much.. ill look into the Loreal Mineral Make-Up!!

Thanks everyone..:thumbsup2

I also use the Loreal mineral version and I'm happy with the results. To save more $s I always buy this at CVS or Rite Aid when it goes on a BOGO sale so it only costs around $6 instead of $12.

Thanks to the wonderful women on the makeup thread that CathrynRose put up I have learned so much!! Love the Monistat...live for everyday minerals....went to Ulta today and I bought the 3 dollar shadows and blush and I Learned not to use cheap brushes with dead animal hair for my face. Do try the everdayminerals.com the samples are actually quite large and when you find a shade or shade combination you like you can order a set pretty cheap!!

I don't know where you all are buying your Bare Minerals, but over the weekend I went to ULTA and purchased 2 Mineral foundations, 1 Mineral Veil, and a brush in a kit for $15, plus another kit with 2 eye shadows, eye liner, blush, and lip gloss...All of which are BE Bare Minerals, and as a bonus I received a FREE BE mascara! :cool1: There's free shipping if you order this off of their website (total was $53.00 -- free shipping over $50 + 3 free samples!).

After reading this thread, I am thinking about getting the Everyday Minerals samples. Could anyone explain the differences between the "types" of foundation. I wondered if the "intensive" or the "matte" may be too cakey looking? Opinions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter