Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard

biochemgirl

DIS Veteran
I'm seeing a 70k bonus for new cards right now. I enjoy the challenge of churning rewards cards and seeing my credit climb :)

However, I'd like to know if this card would consider a purchase from Universal or Disney as travel. This is pretty important as those are the most likely expenses I'll claim with my rewards. I am particularly interested in getting a Universal AP this year.

Anyone have experience with this card and redeeming miles?

I had a Barclay before. Used it as Disney with no issue. It would not count restaurants, but if I charged to my room and then paid off through Disney, even restaurants coded as travel.

(Posted Before I could Finish)

My DH had the Arrival Plus. Their Customer Service was absolutely HORRIBLE. Someone compromised his CC, and it took us months of back and forth to get them to straighten it out. In the end, we had to open a complaint with the CFPB and the NYS AG Office to get them to open an investigation and credit the charges. I wouldn't wish or suggest them to my worst enemy honestly. Once you get the Bonus for opening the card, I'd close it out. It's just not worth the hassle, imo.

I'm seeing a 70k bonus for new cards right now. I enjoy the challenge of churning rewards cards and seeing my credit climb :)

However, I'd like to know if this card would consider a purchase from Universal or Disney as travel. This is pretty important as those are the most likely expenses I'll claim with my rewards. I am particularly interested in getting a Universal AP this year.

Anyone have experience with this card and redeeming miles?
I'm on my second round churning this card. I know tickets bought from Disney code as entertainment but you can buy Disney (or Universal) from Undercover Tourist and they will code as travel for the Arrival+.

I applied and got a pending status :(

This isn't my first rodeo and I'd read a lot of input that Barclays is tough with it's application process including sometimes asking for weird verification like a driver's license or utility bill. I won't have time today, but I'll call the reconsideration line and try to move along the decision and provide any information they need. I have a no annual fee Barclaycard with something in the neighborhood of 15k spending limit that is also a bargaining chip. If they don't want to extend me more credit, I can offer to lower the limit on the other card.

In addition to Disney, I've developed an addiction to churning credit cards! Getting the big bonuses and all the while seeing my credit score hang in there or climb has been fun and very rewarding since I started actively managing and using my credit 3 years ago.

I applied and got a pending status :(

This isn't my first rodeo and I'd read a lot of input that Barclays is tough with it's application process including sometimes asking for weird verification like a driver's license or utility bill. I won't have time today, but I'll call the reconsideration line and try to move along the decision and provide any information they need. I have a no annual fee Barclaycard with something in the neighborhood of 15k spending limit that is also a bargaining chip. If they don't want to extend me more credit, I can offer to lower the limit on the other card.

In addition to Disney, I've developed an addiction to churning credit cards! Getting the big bonuses and all the while seeing my credit score hang in there or climb has been fun and very rewarding since I started actively managing and using my credit 3 years ago.

I got the pending notice when I applied a month ago or so. I had just cancelled my last Arrival+ 5 weeks before...actually I product changed it...Less than 24 hours, I was approved so don't lose hope!

Sounds like you should come hang out with us on the 'I love credit cards' thread :)

I got the pending notice when I applied a month ago or so. I had just cancelled my last Arrival+ 5 weeks before...actually I product changed it...Less than 24 hours, I was approved so don't lose hope!

Sounds like you should come hang out with us on the 'I love credit cards' thread :)
This was my experience last week also. Give it a day or two before you call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter