Barbieri’s December 2006 Disney World Trip Report

Especially of the ghosts on Tower or Terror. I saw the exif data but what lens did you use? And how did you get it so steady with 1/4 exposure?

Used a Canon 24-70mm f/2.8 lens. It shot it at the maximum aperture to get as much light as possible. Its actually not all that steady of a shot. The high noise level and the surreal look help mask a bit of camera shake. Even still, I fired off several shots in hopes of getting one that would be somewhat usable.

I probably would have done better with my 50mm prime for that shot as it has a wider maximum aperture. I didn't use it because I wanted to be ready to take a shot like the one below of my son shouting to Grandma while on the ride. I'm not brave enough to try to change lenses during the middle of the Tower of Terror ride.
117524862-M.jpg

very funny Mark...gotta show this one to hubby when he gets home

I just downloaded your photo show. It was incredible. Simply amazing. Are you available for rent? :rotfl:
Seriously, love it. Thanks for sharing it.

Mark, this was the best trip report ever!!!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful sense of humor!

Mark - I almost never read Trip Reports but I decided to come over and browse on this board for a change and noticed your name from my fave board (Photography).

Of course, I expected your usual great photos and I got them as well as great, great humor!!! You should post this over in the Photography Board as well!

Thanks, I needed this!:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I can't believe what they did to the mono-rail. I heard people talk about it, but finally someone put a picture of it in a TR.

Where did you take the picture of the boys, where one is real tall and the other one looks shrunk in the picture.

Great report Mark - thanks for making my day!! I particularly loved (???) the "Hidden Mickey". Hmmmm, hope there aren't too many of them around!!!

Well done!:jumping1:

Heather

Where did you take the picture of the boys, where one is real tall and the other one looks shrunk in the picture.

That was taken in the Wonders of Life pavilion at Epcot. Having lost its sponsor, the pavilion is closed most of the time. The room itself is designed using "forced perspective". The side on the left is much larger than the side on the right. After taking the picture, I shrunk down the left side so that it matched the size of the right side. That made the room look normal and made one child look freakishly larger than the other.

Wow! I just looked at your slideshow--the pictures are amazing! What a wonderful gift to your children. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup2

That was hysterical. And surprisingly succint. I wish other trip reports were this short and to the point. Some of them drag on for months. It's tedious. And numbing.

I really enjoyed this. Your pictures are great.

Awesome job Mark!! Look forward to more trip reports like this. :thumbsup2

ok so this has to be the best ever trip report! ( and oddly i love the picture of the strollers!)

CHecked out the gags report as well as this one. Well done Mark. Well done indeed. Very VERY enjoyable!!

I caught the out-takes first then found this series. Great photos and very clever captions. I hope you'll do this again. You're right, it was really different! :rotfl2:

Thanks for the hilarity first thing in the morning! Off to check out the slideshow now. :laughing:

The kid's had their usual fight over who gets what part of the room. As usual, they blew the whole thing out of proportion.
117480641-M.jpg

Very creative trip report Mark! :thumbsup2 BTW- Where is this? I have seen forced perspective rooms like this but don't remember ever seeing one at Dis- Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter