Banking Etiquette / Requests During ROFR - Some Advice Please

zebsterama

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

We are in the process of our first DVC resale purchase. We are in the last days (about 30 days in) of the ROFR period - WE ARE crossing our fingers. :-)

The contract has a March UY. The points in the 2020 bucket will expire at the end of Feb 2021. We we have no intention of using those points before that date. The banking deadline ends Oct 31 2020. We would like to have the points banked.

Is it okay/customary/common for buyers to ask (via the real-estate sales agency) the current point owners to please bank those points in this kind of situation?

I am assuming, that no matter what happens, those points will eventually belong to us via sale (best case scenario) or Disney will take them anyway ... so I am assuming that the current owners shouldn't care that much????
But I'm probably missing something.

Can persons that have gone through this process, please provide us with some advice on what we should do? ... and when we should do it?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
You can ask your broker to ask them to do it. They should have no issue doing it. You will need to sign an addendum prior to closing to do it. I would do it after you pass ROFR.

I asked my sellers to do ir when I bought in May as part of the offer. It was no issue.

Just ask the broker and I can’t believe there will be an issue.

If you do it prior to it passing ROFR it will slow it down possibly so do it after ROFR.

i agree i requested the seller to do it near the beginning of ROFR after seeing that it was possible, but since you're already 30 days in the process i would wait. even though i requested it after starting, my ROFR still only took 34 days but youre a lot further along than i was when i requested

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter