bank machines

billygoat

Earning My Ears
probably a dumb question but can candians use their bank cards in their bank machines.

yes you can but the bank that you are using charges a large fee as well as your back charges about $1.00 for this on top of the exchange rate, but if you need it you need it, right!

Kathleen

I don't believe the bank machines at Disney charge more than a buck or two. Really not so much when you figure the bank would charge you to buy American money and even more to buy American travellers' checks.

I use my Canadian bank card all over the US and Europe and have never had a problem.

The machines that hike up the charges are the ones in places like airports.

The bank machine at Wilderness Lodge charges $2.50 service charge on top of whatever you are getting out of the machine. When the charge hits my bank here in Canada, the amount is converted (of course) and then they charge me an additional $3.00 service charge for using a foreign bank machine.

I think every bank has different charges so you may want to check before you leave. The $2.50 charge comes from the bank in Florida who is operating the machine.

I always try and take enough money but if I need some then I make sure to take out enough to make it worth the bank charges.

Of course, on Disney property you can charge almost everything to your room and have it put on your credit card. I usually try and remember to keep enough cash for the gas purchases on the ride home because I love those cash only gas prices.

Have a great day!!

Yep ... make sure that the amount of the withdrawl is worth paying those bank charges. I've done it several times, and I think the next time I go, I am going to see if the bank will "up" my daily withdrawl limit. I remember when the exchange rate was really high and I couldn't even get $300 US out of the machine because it made it convert to more than $500 Cdn :rolleyes:

Mary Liz

Hi there.... when we travelled in December of last year to the USA, we called our bank ahead an told them where we were going and they told us which bank was the best for us to use. Often the Canadian banks have a preffered bank in many areas, thus that might be an idea...:)

We used the bank one machines @ disney both OKW and DTD and never had more than a dollar service charge and it only ended up costing us 90 bucks to take out 300.00 or more can't remember exectly now how much we took but still not to bad in my opinion.

Originally posted by DSNY FN
... it only ended up costing us 90 bucks to take out 300.00 or more can't remember exectly now how much we took but still not to bad in my opinion.

but that's a 30% surcharge! :earseek:

My bank here charged me the 90 bucks and it was for 300.00 so that is 30 dollars per hundred for the exchange rate that isn't that bad at all and they waived the debit card fee at the same time I was just looking at my statement to see how much everything was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter