Bama Ed Is At The Fort April 2013

bama_ed

It's kind of fun to do the impossible-Walt Disney
So Ed is here. This is not a live trip report really. If you are here come by and say hi in site 127. Lots to tell already. I will just be checking in and add a proper TR once i get home.

A tree fell on a trailer last night in 200 pix to come. A fellow Disser stopped by, and open rehearsals for HDDR tomarrow are open to the public.

Its beautiful and warm today.

Bama Ed

IMG_20130411_132319_zps5a139fbf.jpg

We will be there in two weeks can not wait... we are getting ready to book right now we are just trying to decided between premium or preferred!

Well, that is a great opener for curiosity ?s !
Tree? Trailer? Rehearsal?
With family? A performance?

And this trip, you're not in the typical pop up loops....for a change? Been in that loop before? What's particularly nice?
"lots to tell already".... Great!

Curiosity could, but won't, quite kill this cat. We'll hang in there to see for ourselves, as all can see by our ticker....Pluto is practically licking Mickey's face. (I bet he's a particularly slobbery breed).

Am Looking forward to reading about what made this warm day- and wishing y'all more- "beautiful" ! :beach:

Sorry i will miss you guys too.

Okay here is the money shot.

Oh and Readerbug, we did some things differently on purpose. I had been in a rut and it feels good today.

Bama Ed

I'll be watching for that TR bet your happy to be in the World with what's coming through state today**Enjoy

We arrive by the end of next week :cool1::cool1:, so hope you are still there so we can stop and say hello. Hope you have a great trip Looks like the weather is nice..:)

We arrive by the end of next week :cool1::cool1:, so hope you are still there so we can stop and say hello. Hope you have a great trip Looks like the weather is nice..:)

Sorry, kazlac, I'm only here a couple days so I will miss you. BTW, all you folks who are coming later this month need to share dates (either via PM or publicly here on the board, get your green DIS signs ready, and try to meet each other).

In other news,

Well, I said I wasn't going to do it....

But I guess I am. :rotfl: A live trip report that is.

To satisfy Readerbug, I am here because my kid's high school band is marching over at Universal and I wanted to be here to see it (and it's a legitimate reason to get back to the Fort ::yes::) DW did not accompany me but she sent my father as my chaperone (he's 73, retired, and always free to pick up and go on short notice). DW was afraid I would have too good a time here if I came by myself. Out of respect for her, if someone asks, "where's your wooden Musket Mickey sign?", I didn't bring it because it has her name on it as well as mine and if she's not here, the sign's not here (I hope she's reading this back at home....;)). Miss you honey! :wave2:

I was here two years ago in April when the high school band (this time with my older son as well) marched down Main Street and I posted my first live trip report. But I didn't know that this trip my Dear Dad brought his laptop to the Fort so we got a modem kit (free as someone said a while back - no deposit required now), so it's very easy to get a live TR done. But I'm still going to post less than the last trip while I am here and add more when I get home.

At least that's the plan.

I mentioned that a trailer in 200 got hit by a falling tree yesterday. Here are the pix then I will tell you how it happened (as told to me by the dad in the trailer):

So here's what happened. The trailer pictured was in site 220 (outside) and to its right as we look at it is 219. It was dinner time last night. Both families in 219 and 220 were eating dinner outside in their respective sites. There was a tall solitary tree between the two sites. The top third of it just fell out of the sky onto the trailer in 220 - it had rotted out internally due to water penetration. Both families were unhurt but scared to death naturally. That is the stump cut down to the ground you see in the one picture. The dad of the damaged trailer says he will wait to see what his insurance says. Disney didn't admit fault, didn't commit to replace it, etc but is putting them up elsewhere for the remainder of their stay.

The family was salvaging what they could onto a truck to take back home with them.

How's THAT for a vacation? :crowded:

Bama ED

OMG! Best live trip report EVER! Enjoy your time at the Fort! ROLL TIDE! We really need an even number to make my OCD happy...... 16!!! :cool1:

And, I'm pretty sure Disney will be contributing to the purchase of a new camper. A tree falling onto a camper seems like a pretty clear fault on the part of Disney. When you go and camp there, you should be able to feel relatively safe in that trees won't fall onto your camper creating this kind of damage. We were there last month during that bad storm and in that case....I could see where Disney wouldn't be liable, but here..... Hmmmm....

I didn't spend a day in law school, so.....

For CrystalBrewer and thegoofyfamily, RTR!

When I come to the Fort, I like to fire up the charcoal grill and cook all the meat for the trip at one time (covers several days). The cooked meat goes in zip lock bags in the pup fridge and we heat it in our microwave and eat it with sides. Cheap, tasty, healthy (you know what in it - or not) and ready when you are. I was watching the Masters on tv while cooking...

It is steaks (for tonight) plus chicken breasts - lots of them and hot dogs. I hope you are hungry!

Also while cooking, the horse drawn wagon and buggy came through to drum up business for tonight.

Supper was excellent. The steaks, some rice pilaf from the microwave (thank you Uncle Ben), canned peaches, and some Southern Red wine from the Lakeridge Winery (more on that later). Here was all that was left:

After supper I went for a walk down to the Marina and Trails End. I mentioned earlier a fellow DISser had stopped by and I caught up with him: Ken who posts under the DIS name "retired and happy". It was nice to put a name with a face. Ken, good luck to you and Judy.

I see where another DISser is camped but the lights are dark. I will try to catch up with them later.

Down by the lawn mower tree at the golf cart parking area by the marina was the prettiest golf cart I have ever seen:

The boats were running tonight of course so here are some marina shots:

For those that don't bring golf carts to the marina, here is some inspiration. Doesn't this look like an active, fun family?

Speaking of families, this family from England was sitting on the Trails End porch playing Jinga. Well, you know how it ends.

And hula hooping...

Note the yellow golf cart with the Mickey head on it:

Who all is reading this? Please drop me a reply and chime in. Strap in too, 'cause we don't do things halfway around here. :banana:

Bama ED

some Southern Red wine from the Lake ridge Winery
. . . love their wines
. . . reasonably priced and it goes down so easily
. . . and, just a little bit down the road from our house

the prettiest golf cart I have ever seen
. . . was it the prettiest cart?
. . . or was it the prettiest logo?

Well, you know how it ends
. . . with Brits, things ALWAYS end with a pint
. . . or two
. . . or three
. . . wait a minute
. . . same with us Irish-Hungarians (especially Borsodi Bivaly, Borsodi Póló)
. . . and, Guinness for the other half of me

I'm in... awaiting more and living vicariously through you.

My husband always complains about how long it takes to heat up charcoal to cook, doing it all at once is a great idea. I think I will borrow that one from you.

Enjoy!

Down by the lawn mower tree at the golf cart parking area by the marina was the prettiest golf cart I have ever seen:

Who all is reading this? Please drop me a reply and chime in. Strap in too, 'cause we don't do things halfway around here. :banana:

Bama ED

The Bama cart brought tears of absolute joy to my eyes.....bittersweet since DH is on the laptop trying to find one of his own right now.

I just love sitting at Trails End with a glass of grape juice watching all the families -- some there for the first time. Some are exhausted ready to kill each other and some are just happy to be at Disney. Great people watching right there on that porch.

I'm in. popcorn::

Hope you are having a good time. It sure looks like it. Still cold out here and waiting to pick up our new pup.

Kevin

Well we got little rain shower tonight but it's over.

It was warm and sunny but the white puffy clouds kept growing during the course of the day. You frequent visitors and Floridians know the warning signs: it gets warmer and hotter with increasing humidity throughout the day. Then the rain cuts loose for a steady rain that ends, the humidity drys up, the skies clear, and it's beautiful again.

Well that's what happened tonight. Although being spring, the rain is a little bit like a kid on training wheels. About 8 pm it started to drop enough rain to move under the canopy, but not enough to worry about. By 9 pm it was over, gone, and we had a starry sky again.

I went for a late night bike ride (no helmet, no light, and encountered practically no one). 1200 and 1300 are about half full as is 900 tonight. 1600 and 1700 are about half full and 1800/1900 have few campers at all. 2000 is pretty empty (20% full?) and 1500 only has 1-2 empty sites (naturally). But this is a Thursday night - and as I tell folks the spring weekends are popular with locals so I'm going to bet the place fills up over the weekend. We shall see.

Ratatouille was the movie tonight and at 9pm the crowd was small. I bet the rain kept folks away at the start of the singalong. I heard the "thump-thump" of the Illuminations fireworks from Epcot right after 9pm too. I love the sounds of the Fort. The boat whistles, the bus brakes, the fireworks sounds.

I mentioned earlier that I had been in a rut and wanted to do something different. Well this is it. First we are in a Preferred loop and not a Partial (got a 15% AAA discount a month ago on this ressie I made last year). Next, we did the drive down a little differently which turned out really well. :drive: I'll outline that at some point in the future.

I have scratched the usual "check list" places we have during a visit. No outlet shops, no Downtown Disney, no Disney theme park, no putt-putt. With the exception of the day at Universal, we go where the wind blows. So I am keeping my ear to the ground.

I didn't post in the "how much does your Disney vacation cost" thread because I don't think it applies to my visit. I don't have the family, am not buying tickets, so it doesn't fit. I didn't post in the "do you go to the Fort and not do the Parks" thread because I'm hear for a participation event. So I do have a purpose for coming now.

It's 945pm and the Electric Water Parade can be heard from inside my trailer with the A/C running. That music so reminds me of the Main Street Electrical Parade (I'm showing my age).

Stay tuned for tomorrow.

Bama Ed

Ed, why didn't you call? I know I got school, but I coulda brought the books! Sorry for the guy and the damaged camper, but I have been 'that guy' at the Fort before. Oh well, have a blast and keep the pics coming.

I'll be watching for that TR bet your happy to be in the World with what's coming through state today**Enjoy

I saw that CB. My DS was getting loaded up on his charter bus last night too but the weather had already passed through when it was call time. But everyone in Alabama is a little gun-shy when it comes to storms based on the events of the last few years.

Love your trip report. I feel like I am right there with you.

Thank you and keep it coming.

Happy to have you along articfox676. My last two TRs have been live ones and the thing I enjoy is the comments, questions, and interactions with you folks. Soon I'll be sitting at home watching someone's TR in whatever form (pre, post, live) so it's my turn to step up, take one for the team, and then pass the baton.

some Southern Red wine from the Lake ridge Winery
. . . love their wines
. . . reasonably priced and it goes down so easily
. . . and, just a little bit down the road from our house

the prettiest golf cart I have ever seen
. . . was it the prettiest cart?
. . . or was it the prettiest logo?

Well, you know how it ends
. . . with Brits, things ALWAYS end with a pint
. . . or two
. . . or three
. . . wait a minute
. . . same with us Irish-Hungarians (especially Borsodi Bivaly, Borsodi Póló)
. . . and, Guinness for the other half of me

Scupper, it was the logo after all, you Big 10 guys can't be fooled. And hey, if you have some Hungarian in you, I've got some Slovak in me. We could be related. Brother, can you spare a dime?

I'm in, you already knew that. ;)

Thanks Denise. I saved you a seat in the front row. Tell Frank Dad brought his fishing poles. We'll see what kind of fisherman he is. He is following your days/best times on the Bay Lake Fishing thread.

I'm in... awaiting more and living vicariously through you.

My husband always complains about how long it takes to heat up charcoal to cook, doing it all at once is a great idea. I think I will borrow that one from you.

Enjoy!

I dunno, Katt. Sounds like DH is trying to angle for some Disney Dining table service if you ask me. ;)

Hope you are having a good time. It sure looks like it. Still cold out here and waiting to pick up our new pup.

Kevin

Kevin, if I haven't said it yet, CONGRATULATIONS on the new pup. party:

Ed, why didn't you call? I know I got school, but I coulda brought the books! Sorry for the guy and the damaged camper, but I have been 'that guy' at the Fort before. Oh well, have a blast and keep the pics coming.

Tiggerdad, you know my motto. Grades come first. You can party later. But hold your textbook up to the computer and let me see what you are studying...

The footbone is connected to the legbone...

The legbone is connected to the kneebone...

The kneebone is connected to the thighbone...

Okay that's good. I'm ready for my final exam now.

I'm here too... and will be there soon too... :rotfl2:

I'll be looking for ya storyteller.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter