Bahamas in September?

d0naldduck123

Mouseketeer
I've never been on a cruise before, and I currently have Dream booked for Nov2021 (was supposed to be Nov2020). Now I'm considering pushing it back to next year on the Wish. I would love to go in June, but the pricing was too high for our budget so now we're looking at Fall2021. Sep is my birthday month so a birthday cruise on the Wish would be awesome, but I know Sep is also peak hurricane season so I'm torn on which month to cruise. Those of you who have done the 3 or 4-night Bahama cruise in Sep, what was the weather like and would you sail in Sep again? Are Sep cruises often cancelled due to weather?

September is an awesome time to go. It is generally a lot cheaper and can have the Halloween festivities going. Don't worry about a possible Hurricane in September, because one can hit is summer as well. The weather is great. I would go again in September without a second thought.

Same - my current backup plan for when I can't get a cabin on the MV is hopping on the Wish in September and hitting up food and wine (which I'm hopeful will be back more fully in 2022).

Agree with all of the above. Our kids were all homeschooled, so we loved traveling when all of the other kids were in school, so much less crowded and it is generally cheaper.

Always get the cruise insurance.... :-D

Thank you for all the input! Looks like I'll be trying to book the Wish for Sep once the booking opens next week. Fingers crossed - and yes, I'll definitely be getting cruise insurance

We took a September cruise and of course there’s always a chance of hurricanes, but I’m from Florida I always have a chance of hurricanes😎. Love the Halloween cruise and saving money by booking September. FYI- During our cruise it was extremely hot at Castaway Cay, so hot my son and I returned early from the island.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter