Baggy, Saggy, Drooping pants.....

Papa Deuce

<font color="red">BBQ loving, fantasy football pla
DELCAMBRE, La. — Overly saggy britches are obscene, the Delcambre Town Council says. So does Mayor Carol Broussard, who said he will sign an anti-sag ordinance passed unanimously this week.

The new indecent exposure ordinance in this Cajun-country town of about 2,000 carries penalties of up to six months in jail and a $500 fine for being caught in pants that show undergarments or, in the mayor's phrase, "private parts."

"I don't know if it will do any good, but it won't hurt," said Delcambre Councilman Albert Roy, who introduced the ordinance. "It's obvious, and anybody with common sense can see your parts when you wear sagging pants."

The meeting Monday night packed the small trailer that has been Town Hall since Hurricane Rita swept in six feet of storm surge on Sept. 24, 2005.

Low-hanging, baggy pants have become a fashion fad, mostly for young men in the hip-hop culture. Several residents objected that the ordinance targeted blacks.

Broussard denied any racial motivation. "White people wear sagging pants, too. Anybody who wears these pants should be held responsible."

As stupid as the look is, the possible health issues that will likely be seen later in life, and the jail house sexual overtones this look carries, I still don't think that a whole town show ban this look. Private property yes, public domain - no!!!

I think this is a long time coming. And I agree that here its not "targeting blacks". I see people of all races wearing this "fashion". I saw a boy about 15,16 the other day with pants on that the waist was about 6 inches above the knee, he had on a belt :confused3 and was walking around holding his pants up. Now this cant be comfortable at all. And I also dont want to see your underwear or anything else :scared1:

Uh oh. I'd be in trouble.
My weight fluctuates a lot and on days like today I find myself fighting with my pants (these don't have belt loops) .. it's not a problem at work (today I sat on a chair in a building no customer can access) but when I went to lunch I'm sure a few people got a glimpse of skin!

Hooray!!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

I cannot stand looking at everyone's underwear and other parts!!! Pull your stinking pants up!!!

Uh oh. I'd be in trouble.
My weight fluctuates a lot and on days like today I find myself fighting with my pants (these don't have belt loops) .. it's not a problem at work (today I sat on a chair in a building no customer can access) but when I went to lunch I'm sure a few people got a glimpse of skin!

I don't think they mean that. We're talking about the kids who wear pants far below their waistlines.

As stupid as the look is, the possible health issues that will likely be seen later in life, and the jail house sexual overtones this look carries, I still don't think that a whole town show ban this look. Private property yes, public domain - no!!!

ITA.
I'm also wondering if this Mayor has an issue with young girls who wear shorts and skirts with half their butt hanging out.If I had to guess though , I'd say probably not:confused3

I'm curious though,
What kind of health issues comes from wearing saggy pants?

I think it's a riot when you see someone wearing these "pants" on the news being chased by the police and they end up getting caught because their pants fall down as they're trying to run away..

If you're going to commit a crime, at least wear clothing that enables you to run...:lmao:

I'm so glad that they have so little crime and no real issues affecting their citizens that they've got to find absurd laws like this to pass to prove their worth to society. :rolleyes:

I don't like the whole saggy drooping pants look, but I don't think it's worth spending the time or money to legislate and enforce.

Anne

Delcambre is a nice little town. They have a Shrimp Festival that is fun to go to. They also had a large amount of damage from Rita.:sad1: The three schools had some damage, but they where able to stay open. :thumbsup2

I think it's a riot when you see someone wearing these "pants" on the news being chased by the police and they end up getting caught because their pants fall down as they're trying to run away..

If you're going to commit a crime, at least wear clothing that enables you to run...:lmao:

I've never seen that but the image has me :rotfl2:

I was also wondering what possible baggy pants related health issues could be? Maybe twisted ankles from tripping on the pants?

ITA.
I'm also wondering if this Mayor has an issue with young girls who wear shorts and skirts with half their butts hanging out.If I had to guess though I'd say probably not:confused3

I'm curious though,
What kind of health issues comes from wearing saggy pants?

I read an article just a few weeks ago about the young men that sag their pants. Apparently, sagging pants makes one have an unnatural walking pattern with their hips and legs. The article suggests that many years from now, these young men will have problems with their hips and it could be painful.

I cannot STAND that look and healthy or not, it's disgusting to look at.

As for targeting blacks, my teenaged Black son saw a NON black boy walking the other day down the street as we were riding and he just shook his head and sighed. Thank GOD this is not an issue at my house.

I read an article just a few weeks ago about the young men that sag their pants. Apparently, sagging pants makes one have an unnatural walking pattern with their hips and legs. The article suggests that many years from now, these young men will have problems with their hips and it could be painful.

Makes total sense... same as I think that will happen to kids who wear heelies too often.

I cannot STAND that look and healthy or not, it's disgusting to look at.

As for targeting blacks, my teenaged Black son saw a NON black boy walking the other day down the street as we were riding and he just shook his head and sighed. Thank GOD this is not an issue at my house.
---------------------

Definitely not targeting blacks.. My nephew wore these style pants until he bought a motorcyle and realized he would probably kill himself if he wasn't wearing pants that fit properly.. I've seen all kinds of kids wearing them - they're not "specific" to one race..

hm, I never considered that. Now that I think about it though my son walked "different" when he wore his pants saggy. Thankfully that fad didn't last long with my DS .

Oh great! So instead of elderly men with their pants hiked up to their necks we'll see elderly men with their pants aorund their ankles because they can't even bend to pick them up!:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter