• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bad indications for long time FF fans

This is our last trip that we'll eat at the siggie restaurants. If they don't hold up to previous trips, we'll eat offsite or counter service.

We felt the same disappointment on our recent trips. The only 2 signature restaurants that haven't let us down are V&A's and California Grill (possibly because we go there for the sushi, not the other things).

We decided that on our next trip, we will probably do Boma once, V&A's once, and CA Grill twice. We're going with a shorter trip, also (only 4 nights). We used to go mainly for the food, and without that to look forward to, we'll just vacation elsewhere instead of one long WDW trip.

Cheers!
Heather W

Not sure where you get your information from, nothing has changed. We can assure you of that. The Steak is a signature entree is has not deviated in size since day 1.

And the head chef? Is there one, or are the staff not informed?

Hey Pete, apparently you were looking through the wrong end of the binoculars at all those steaks! ;)

You're lucky! We had Christmas Eve Dinner and waited 1 hour and 40 minutes for our entrees. Cocktails came 10 minutes after appetizers, and were wrong. Only half our table was cleared of dirty dishes. We spoke to the manager at that point and she did give us a 20% discount. Then we waited 15 minutes for our bill. Finally got the bill after asking the hostess for it. Then waited another 15 minutes for our waitress to come back gave up, and handed it to the manager instead, and she ran it through.

The food was fantastic, I do have to say. I'm really hoping the service was just our waitress. The tables around us were having the same problems. The table right next to us had been sitting for 45 minutes and the waitress had not even come by yet.

It's funny, that's almost exactly the same experience my DH and I had....in 1999. We have never been back there since. When we complained the manager was like "well the foods fine isn't it?" Which I didn't think was exactly the point. Our server was clearly out of his depth. I've seen loads of great reviews for FF since, and assumed we just had hit a bad day. Was thinking of going back, couldn't possibly have the same manager and server after 7 years. I have no desire to repeat that night, so it's a shame it's going downhill and consistently. I think I shall keep steering clear.

I have to say we had a totally different experience than the OP. We dined at FF on 1/25. We had 4 adults and every one of us was thrilled with the meal! (Although none of us ordered steak.) Our server was Chris and he did a rather good job. He was very informative, knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. If I were to try to find any faults, my only gripe would be that the dishes could have been cleared sooner. I will have a review on my report later. (WHO DAT Review)
BTW we used the DDE not the DDP, don't know if this could be the difference.
We would definitely return to FF

... but Ruths' Chris is still batting .1000 in my book.

OT: This made me laugh because it sounds like you meant it as a compliment, but if you meant "batting a thousand", then that should be 1.000. Your number means they're only batting a hundred. In the baseball analogy, it's not the zero's that make it a thousand, but the decimal.

OT: This made me laugh because it sounds like you meant it as a compliment, but if you meant "batting a thousand", then that should be 1.000. Your number means they're only batting a hundred. In the baseball analogy, it's not the zero's that make it a thousand, but the decimal.

Actually .1000 is a tenth.

And I meant a thousand and was simply typing without thinking and of course not proofing.:eek:

Don't get me wrong the food is still very good and the servers were friendly. It just isn't 'the same' as it was and this is the first time I've said this. Oh, and FF has been my favorite restaurant for probably 5 years so this isn't something I want to write.
pirate:

Wow. Thats sad about your Palm experience, but like I said we've had three great meals in a row (some minor glitches but my steak, the 18oz Strip, was perfect). In fact it has move above Shula's in my estimation but Ruths' Chris is still batting .1000 in my book.
pirate:

ITA! You can't beat Ruths Chris for excellent (everytime) steak.

I absolutely hate what WDW has done with their quality of food and menu changes in the last couple of years. What is truly sad is that the food ordered from room service is now better than the restaurants.

I know this is not related to Disney, but just wondering where the Palms is and Shula's? We are heading to WDW in May, not on the DDP, just staying at POR, we will have our vehicle. Would be interested in some good restaurants off site. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks H.

The Palm is at the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal. Shula's is at the Dolphin hotel at WDW. Bon apetit.
pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter