Bad Experiences

SweetP

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know who I can contact regarding a not so great trip to Disneyland? Name, phone number, fax number or address would be great.

Thanks!!!

Sorry to hear about any bad trips. :(

In jest, I'd guess that Eisner, Pressler, and Harris have outlawed the acceptance of any complaints. They don't exist...everything is hunky-dory...life is good...give them another raise!

In all seriousness, I haven't a clue. I'll take a look around and see if I can find anything before these other maniacs, though I doubt I'll be able to. :)

Oh sweetp, what happened??? :( I'm sorry you had a 'not-so-good' experience at Disneyland.

Is it anything you can elaborate on? Always love a good story. ;) j/k :rolleyes:

I don't know who you complain to....but if it's something that happened at the hotel you could call them and ask them for their general manager's name and their mailing address.

Good Luck. :)

The jist of my issues are with rude cast members and the lack of communication within the organization. Our tickets were purchased through Disney Travel and were park hoppers. Well needless to say, none of the cast members working the gates were aware of this so for 3 days when we tried to enter the 2nd park, we had to wait for the manager to come and look at our tickets and proceed to explain this to the cast members. I even suggested they tape to their cue's all of the codes that prompt them which tickets are park hoppers and which are not. But they just told me they are still working on getting the information spread throughout the organization.

It became upsetting because this was a special trip for son who is graduating from Junior High and he has done so well this past year that I wanted him to have a great time. Sadly, he even noticed the quality of service throughout our trip.

On top of that, I encountered a few cast members that were just blatantly rude. I mean, I always tell my son to always say thank you to people and there were 2 cast members in particular that after I said Thank You and said their names, they totally ignored me. One of them, I said thank you a second time and then she finally responded. With the second person, well I said forget it!!

I have never experienced this before but I do finally understand the difference between WDW and Disneyland. Those who work at WDW seem to want to work there. Where as at Disneyland, they seem to work there because they need a job. I know this is not true for everyone but I must say, there were not the usually smiling faces I see at WDW and the weather was really nice.

Just my gripes, we all have our own but this was very upsetting to me and my family.

Thanks for listening!

Again, I'm so sorry. :(

Although we didn't have any terrible experiences with CM's, we did notice that the DL CM's seem to be a little 'jaded' in their positions. :confused:

My big beef was that my kids were wearing their little 'guest of honor' badges and no one ever (not once!) called them by their first name. :( This was sad for me, but my kids didn't notice.

I hate to be against Disneyland but even though I have grown up with Disneyland and I return every other year I still never get the same feeling as I do when I go to WDW. I know it is not fair to compare the two but you aren’t just visiting the Magic Kingdom when you go to WDW so are far as the best destination, WDW wins every time. I do see that some things at WDW are done with a little less detail but one thing I don’t see is WDW falling apart. I was on a web page that shows the sad state that Disneyland is in close up and it was hard to believe they would let it fall apart the way they have. The Tiki room looks like it is going to collapse. WDW seems to always be doing rehab and keeping things new.

I also noticed the difference in attitude between the two locations. They go all out to make sure you are happy at WDW. Even staying in the rooms. We went to WDW for my birthday last summer and when we showed up they had a free cake, balloons and decorations in our room just because we mentioned we were there for my birthday. Every day we got fun stuff in our rooms like animals made from towels with flowers around them and even the words ALOHA spelled with towels and a free Genie stuffed toy sitting in a Lei on the floor. When we stayed at the Disneyland hotel for my fiance’s B-day last November we got nothing like that and we spent much more since we were in a corner suite. I think it is obvious why WDW does better than Disneyland even when WDW only had EPCOT and the Magic Kingdom. I just wish all that was out here in California.

bday.jpg

aloha1.jpg

toweldis1.jpg

We had the totally opposite experience. We found the CM's at DL to be much more pleasant, helpful, and genuine than those at WDW. There seem to be more at DL that have committed their lives to the organization. We are looking forward to our return trip this summer.

I too have had much better CM interaction and friendliness at Disneyland and DCA. I guess it just depends how much pixie dust is flying the days of your visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter