Bad dinner at Coral Reef

tbuot

DIS Veteran<br><font color=navy>Wishes upon a star
We were hopeful that our dinner would be good after reading some recent reviews. In one word it was horrible. My son's chicken was very pink inside and when asked to bring it back the server responded that the chicken is cooked to the correct temp. and checked before being sent out. He did not send it back and my son said he didn't want to eat anything after that.

My mahi was completely raw inside. I showed the waiter said he would take that back. It took 30 minutes to get my food back. It was not a fresh piece of fish ...they took the part I had cut up and re-grilled it. I had lost my appetite and my family had already eaten and was ready to get out of there.

We won't go back.

So sorry you had such a bad experience.We were there a few weeks ago and had a great meal. Maybe you should have asked for the manager to come to your table if your server was not being helpful.

after walking all day in the heat...sometimes it's just not worth it...it wasn't that the server was rude it more that it was crazy busy, the chicken could have gone back if I pushed it but my son was turned off at that point and my fish took waaayyy tooooo long and we were all just plain over it...

it was a pity because we were looking forward to eating there...

Thanks for the review. We have not had good luck at Coral Reef either. We've found that even when the rest. is not busy the wait staff always seems overwhelmed.

We are giving it another try this August after our bad experience last August. My ds9 and I both ordered the Mahi and it was so hard you could pick it up and eat it in one piece. By the time we finally got out waiter my little ones were running out of patience to sit any longer.. I am hoping for a better time this year.. Sorry yours was so horrible. I hope I don't regret giving it another try..

We had a horrible meal there and will never set foot in the place again. Sorry to hear your experience was no better than ours.

I know exactly what you mean. When it is hot, and you are tired, sometimes it is just not worth the trip to get the manager and deal with that. Hope folks going have a better experience!

we've had bad service there before too - but are going to try again this coming october - have 4pm for dinner there - figure since it's the first dinner seating, just how "cranky" can the waiter be??!!

I am sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience at the Coral Reef. DH and I ate there for the first time last month and have a great meal, so much so that I booked it again for October.

I see your point about being tired and hot and just not wanting to have to deal with all of that, perhaps asking for the manager next time would mean a quick fix to the problem.

:)

We ate there last year and we had a great waiter and great food.

All our food was cooked to perfection and was delicious. Our waiter bought our DS2 a pizza which we were going to pay for out of pocket and he didn't charge us for it. All the desserts were yummy and my DS6 loved the build your own sundae.

We're going back again this Sept.

Whenever we've eaten there recently, we've had listless service and poor quality food, except for the Chocolate Wave, which was still very good last time we visited. What stood out to me was a $9.95 shrimp cocktail consisting of three small, limp shrimp with one wilted lettuce leaf.

For us, we now go only for our boys because they enjoy seeing the aquarium while eating a meal.

Sorry to hear you had a bad meal at the Coral Reef. It is so disappointing when that happens:sad2:

I also had a bad experience, my meal was great and about an hour later I was sick for two days. I know it was the food nobody in my party got sick during our stay. It was the catfish or salad whatever it was I was so sick. Never knew I could vomit so much.

I am so sorry you had such a bad experience.

Hands down Coral Reef was our favorite meal!

The NY Strip was the best I have ever had. Dh had the Mahi Mahi and I tasted it was good.

It is sad that a restaurant like Coral Reef which has the potential of being the best on WDW property is so sporadic in a meal will be good or not. We will do Coral reef again.

That is too bad that you had an unhappy experience at CR. I've eaten there 3 times this year and am scheduled for another 4 meals later this year. Every meal I've had there recently were the best meals of my entire trip. Sometimes bad things happen and if I never went back and revisited a place after a bad meal, I would've run out of places to eat by now. It took me 3 visits to LeCellier before I got a good meal and after our visit to WDW last month I've removed Cape May and Spoodles from my dining list for any upcoming trips. I too would've never eaten "pink" chicken, that was scarey.

I canceled our ADR for Coral Reef even though we really wanted to see it. Usually I don't pay too much attention to negative reviews but I've read the exact same complaints so many times about this place...
The way our schedule is, we could only do it on our last day and I don't want to take the risk of finishing our trip with a bad experience.

Sorry you had a bad time there, I hope the rest of your stay was better!

We'll be trying Coral Reef for the first time this July. I am so torn about it because I keep reading negative reviews, but then for every bad experience, someone else says it was great. I'm hoping that even with mediocre food, my kids will like the atmosphere, and we can say we did it.

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience.

How dare the server refuse to send a dish back to the kitchen! It isn't his place to determine whether your complaint has merit or not. You were not satisfied with the way it was cooked, he should have apologised and removed the plate.

We ate at Coral Reef 2 years ago and it was the best food and service of our whole trip. I'm sorry you couldn't say the same. We are going back to Coral Reef again in Sept.

FYI--- It takes at least 24 hours before you can get sick from bad food. Sometimes we eat things that don't agree with us but that doesn't mean the food was bad. I don't mean to sound harsh but I don't want people freaking out thinking they're going to get food poisoning from the place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter